Posts by ReneLangenhan

Just check out these: http://www.loxx.biz/
    I've recently put them on 2 of my guitars and couldn't be happier.

IMHO they look better and they don't rattle when there's no tension on the strap from a hanging guitar.

PLUS: Due to fact that the tightening nut is on the "inside" of the strap lock mechanism the fear of a loose nut (like with the schallers) is gone. :thumbup:

Hi
    I would love to have a configuration of Tap and Tuner for a connected stereo footswitch on one of the pedal jacks.
    So far there are A/B, C/D, X/Mod and Dly/Rev functions for dual footswitches but you're only able to assign a mono momentary switch to either the Tap or Tuner function in the system menu.

IMHO it would be the perfect extension for UNO4Kemper users. 8)
    For example you could control stomps ABCD, Mod and Delay on the upper row of the FCB1010, and add a simple dual momentary switch (like a Boss FS-6) for Tap and Tuner functions.
    Since Tap and Tuner are always represented on the small display on the FCB you don't lose anything of the WYSIWYG workflow of the bidirectional communication.

Of course you can already use that setup by connecting a momentary switch to each pedal jack in the back of the KPA, but it would be more convenient (just one additional TRS cable) and more flexible due to the remaining second pedal jack.

What do you guys think?

regards,
    René

The SPDIF does weird things when used for the Stereo Master in Profiler Mode.
    Sometimes it does't switch between reference/kemper and there's a strange bleed signal.
    The XLR outputs work completely as they should.

Did anybody else notice this issue?

regards,
    René

i've just tried the current firmware with it's LFC feature through my dual 4x12 rig - YES you can definately feel the difference. :thumbup:
    I've just tried my go-to Marshall DSL100 profiles and it's noticeable at the first palm mute. :D

UNBELIEVABLE - that's the bass response I was missing sometimes.

I used to compensate this with a studio EQ (X Slot) boosting 1-3 dB with the low filter starting at 100-130 Hz - but these EQ settings are finally obselete.
    THANKS TO THE KEMPER TEAM!

If strings are on an electric guitar for such a long time, their (ferro-)magnetic characteristics change.
    I suppose the old strings have a little less volume, compared to fresh strings from the same type? Less volume makes them sound brighter and more dynamic depending on the amp setup and pickups. On the other hand IMHO for example the EXL120 sounded flatter and more muffled a couple years ago, to me it seems that D'addario changed the steel formula and the wrapping technique.
    As far as i remember GHS Boomers are made with pre-magnetized 'Alloy 52', which would make these strings change their volume and sound inevitably if they're "stored" within the magnetic field of guitar pickups for such a long time. Just my 5 cents :)

Ok here's a little update. 8)
    I've finally figured out how the rocktron remote communication works - thanks to a friend for borrowing me his prophesy preamp. :D

So... would anybody else be interested in an adapter which would make it possible to display the rig/perfomance names, stomp box states and the tuner on the All Access/Midi Raider display and LEDs?

AND I've found a way to address up to 600 performance slots (120 performances), if anybody's interested?

René

You could have used the schematic of the first US Sambora strat.
    they used the same mid-boost pcb with active/passive switching but with an additional 50k resistor from the midboost out signal to ground, to simulate the voltage divider of the clapton volume pot.
    the volume pot in this configuration is a usual 250k, which influences the passive sound of the pickups a lot - much clearer top end.

I could send you the schematic if you're interested.

cheers,
    René

Hi
    I've noticed that I tend to use much brighter profiles for live situations. And most of them were profiled with same guitar cab that I'm playing them through.
    If you haven't done a profile yourself yet, I can only urge you to try. Your taste, your sound habits and your guitar might just be different from the "mainstream" and you might need to capture your sound first, to make the kemper as usable as your traditional rig.

For example: I wasn't too impressed with most of the quite dark sounding factory presets, so I tried if a profile of my Marshall DSL100 head would have the same "weaknesses" that I supposed the kemper would have.
    I'm so glad I tried that when trying the kemper first, cause I wouldn't have bought it with the factory sounds I knew at that time.
    The KPA changes heavily with the profiles you use, totally different than any other modelling device on the market.
    L6,Vox,Zoom,11R all have their sonic fingerprint that you can't get rid of no matter what you adjust - BUT the Kemper simply does NOT have it's distinct fingerprint and that's the real beauty of the beast IMHO.
    It sounds your way, you just need to make it to. 8)

BTW The last time I switched on my tube heads was when profiling them... :thumbup:

René

Hi, does anybody use one of the big Rocktron controllers with the KPA?
    Who has experience with the Rocktron remote mode, that works with the Prophesy, Piranha, Taboo Twin and Multivalve AFAIK.

What Information does it transfer from the device to the controller?
    Preset titles, effect on/off states, anything beyond that? Tuner or Tempo maybe?

Did anybody investigate how it works?
    Which MIDI commands are used.
    I've asked Rocktron already if they could provide me a full description of the remote feature, but they said they don't have anything beyond the manuals. :cursing:
    I'm thinking of programming an adapter for the Rocktron controllers to the KPA with all remote mode advantages, but don't really know if it's worth the effort. :huh:

What do you guys out there think?

René

Try to profile it with a speaker simulation on and the remove the speaker part by switching off the cab section later for a DI signal.
    Then add a little bass and high frequencies with the studio EQ's shelf filters in the X slot - try 1,5 to 3 db at 130-100 Hz and 1,5 to 4,5 db at 6,5 to 8k.
    Telling from my experiences this gives better results.

BTW what are you using that DI profile with? poweramp+cabinet?

+1 :thumbup:
    AND step filter, phaser and flanger or you might call it 'random modulation' compared to the usual sine-wave modulation pattern.
    and yes the 'seek wah' basically is a step filter, I know ;o)
    I used those heavily on my Eventide Modfactor.