Posts by ReneLangenhan

I'm using a Dimarzio Pro Track for the neck position, a Fender Middle Standard SC and a PAF Pro in one of my 90's Floyd Rose Strats.
    The Pro Track still has some of that singlecoilish openess with just enough "grease" and it fits my all time favourite bridge humbucker well.
    I've had a Fast Track 1 in the neck position prior to the Pro Track, but to me it was just too muddy.
    I've modded the 5 way switching aswell to get the neck+bridge humbucker combination.

you could use the Delay hold function (only with the new delay algorithms) to mimic a metronome.
    Just set the desired (tap) tempo, the appropriate division (e.g. 8th notes), play a short percussive note and activate delay hold.

But it's a pity/design flaw that the looper doesn't quantize with the tap tempo, I totally agree.

I think it's a level problem, if the Kemper gets a way too hot signal and the automatic adjustment doesn't get it right, this is what happens.
    I've had this problem with a Hughes & Kettner Triamp MK2 some time ago.
    The next firmware version solved it back then, because it must have been the automatic return level adjustment in profiling mode.

Can you turn down the amp or add more attenuation at the DI box?

I'm not saying that the Kemper clock worries me quality wise, but for the paranoid users out there it might be worth mentioning that e.g. RME interfaces interpolate external/received clocks up to their standards. The feature is called Steady Clock IIRC.
    I'm not sure about other manufacturers, but I guess RME aren't the only folks that incorporate ideas like that into their devices.

https://www.rme-audio.de/english/techinfo/steadyclock.htm

just came home from a show with 5.5.2 release firmware.
    The transpose pitch shifter in stomp slot A didn't unload (I couldn't see it anymore, but it was still audible) when I started the next song with the next performance, which should have been without the transpose feature.
    Very annoying bug, its really not funny when you start a song in the wrong key this way.
    It went away only by loading a slot of the next performance and then going back.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

The Formant Shift can be used to adjust the character of the pitch shifted voices. Turning it down can take the harshness out of high harmonies, and turning it up can take away the “half speed” character of low harmonies.

Paul, I thought this too, but Formant Shift messes badly with the added intervals in some cases.

Try the following, set up distorted rig. put the chromatic pitch in one of the pre amp located stomp blocks.
    set up -12 and +12 for the additional voices, mix at about 0 (50 percent of the signal), voice balance slightly on the octave up side.
    It should basically sound like Joe Satriani's Super Colossal.

Now play a root, for example B on the low E-string together with the major third, D# one octave higher, e.g. at the 8th fret of the G-string.
    This interval works well with no additional soft buttons, and with Smooth Chords and/or Pure Tuning engaged,
    but as soon as you activate the Formant Shift to remove a little of the hi end frequencies - let's say a value between -0.4 and -2
    the pitch shifter turns into really a nasty ring modulator, adding odd intervals.

This result might have mathematical/technical reasons, and might aswell be intended behaviour simply because the formants are shifted, right?

I think that the pitchshifter should really have a HPF and LPF like many of other algorithms to be able to sound more like the e.g. Ehx POG pedals.

ich hab das auf der Bühne auch öfters mal, die Körperschall Weitergabe durch den Gitarrengurt kommt quasi mit dem InEar Hörer Signal zusammen in meinem Kopf an.
    Seitdem spiele ich wenn möglich die etwas "toteren" Gitarren mit den weicheren Gurten bei den transponierten Songs. :)

the problem with the aura system and my tone dexter profiles and the IRs online is that the source sound is different so they can sound good by accident but mostly i find them to be very off ...

the tonedexter pedal and the match eq on the other hand would catpure the sound spectrum of your guitar and that fits perfectly afterwards ...

totally agreed. Fishman used to offer custom images of sent in instruments - but only for the U.S. market, probably due to shipping risks.

I was more referring to the technology behind it compared to the profiler.

have you ever tried to place a green scream before your Wah while using an overdriven amp?
    What about compressors - I usually place them before the Wah.
    IMHO the "Wah using a stomp block" behavior ist just perfect as it is, cause it opens up way more possibilites.