Posts by ReneLangenhan

ja, die Frontbuchse hat deutlich weniger Grundrauschen, ich hab das auch mal nicht geglaubt und dann selber verglichen.
    Es ist auch noch deutlich feststellbar mit einem niederohmigen Signal aus einem Funkempfänger.

Ich habe deswegen ein Sommer Kabel mit Winkelstecker im Case nach vorn verlegt.

@Schenzer speziell in deinem Fall, solltest dir vielleicht einfach eine zahmere Box in den Cab Block laden, z.B. Ein Abbild von deiner Engl mit entsprechenden Mikrofonen und ggf. etwas EQ aus dem Mic Preamp/Mixer Kanal/DAW.

Man kann das Problem doch so viel eleganter bei der Ursache packen, oder?

since Ibanez has been mentioned before, take a look at the Andy Timmons models. Very stratty specs paired with an Ibanez RG look.
    Although the AT100's price tag is pretty close to some of the Suhr Models.

It says "j48 di first then the Kemper DI" in his post :thumbup:

Thanks, I totally missed that line... :D:whistling:

This makes the differences even more interesting.
    the added high and low end might also be resonances from the j48's circuit/transformer or a mildly cut back midrange.

I think I'll try to do some measurements to the Profilers Input circuit when I find the time.

This is very interesting, the second one is warmer in the upper midrange/treble.
    The second lowpass sample has less rumble and is a little more musical, but technically it's just lacking the low bass frequencies.

Which part is which DI Signal?

Has anybody tried how pure cab changes the behavior to the high end fizziness and the low end rumble?

I noticed the mentioned issues on some profiles too, especially in live situations, but I always had the feeling that the original amp had about the same amount of harshness and boominess when I've tried to replicate it at home and recorded the Profile side by side with the real amp.

A small amount Pure Cabinet seems to even this out nicely, but it's also a bit too much of that Line6ish polish for my taste.

cool idea. By now I'm always keeping the kipr files in the folder of my audio projects after extracting them from a current backup, just in case. This would be a really cool time saver.

Hey Rene,hey JuLai!

Yes in the first round of profiling we didn´t consider doing merged profiles,but we´ll do it maybe in the future!I want to explore the process a bit more and if the results are good then we´ll do it!

What´s your impression on merged profiles?How do you use them-are you tweaking a lot?Or do you feel the need to change the cabs on "studio-profiles" a lot?Do you use them more than "studio-profiles"?

after a few experiments, I've profiled all my amps again as merged ones, and I have stopped to use "studio-only" profiles ever since. There are only advantages and it's a minimum of extra work in the making process. Changing cabs on profiled amps has never been more accurate, and monitoring on a guitar cab feels much more like the real deal.

People, DO NOT put a DI box between your amp and cab before checking it can handle the voltage.

You need to buy a DI box or dummy load that can handle the wattage which is a $200 investment by minimum. You can't use just any $10 di box off the shelf, it's likely you'll destroy the box and your amp. Most DI boxes have been built to handle signal levels (0.1V-1V), not 100W power amps. Want to be safe? Get a load box with line out, like a Hot Plate, and put that between your amp and cab.

this is WRONG, yes a DI box alone can't handle the voltage a tube amp puts out, BUT for merged profiling the DI box is technically parallel to the speaker load of the cabinet, and thus even a cheap 10-50 Eur/USD DI box can work just fine as long as it is offering a line signal attenuation of at least 12 dB and a parallel output jack for the the Input signal.

Your posting shows exactly why so many people are kind of scared of the risks of taking DI profiles - while looking at it technically and software wise just shows its offering lots of advantages with a really small amount of additional efforts while profiling.