Posts by ReneLangenhan

Nur für den Fall, dass das bisher keiner erwähnt hat.
    Der Wah Effekt sollte für ein "traditionelles" Hörerlebnis unbedingt in den Stomp Blöcken geladen sein, also A, B, C oder D. Wenn auch noch ein Overdrive Stomp mit geladen wird, dann dieses möglichst erst hinter dem Wah.

ABER: Letzten Endes ist alles erlaubt was klingt - und ich habe tatsächlich auch schon Gitarristen erlebt die das Wah im FX Loop ihres Röhrenamps hatten. :whistling:8o

Wenn ich das Prinzip eines Chorus richtig verstanden habe, müsste 50% Effektanteil eigentlich dem intensivstem Effekt entsprechen, oder liege ich da falsch?

Bei einem Chorus wird doch das Signal minimal in Tonhöhe und Verzögerung zum Originalsignal moduliert. Die dabei entstehenden Überlagerungen und Auslöschungen zwischen moduliertem und trockenem Signal machen dann den eigentlichen Effekt erst aus.

Ich werde es morgen selbst mal wieder ausprobieren - verwende nur relativ selten Chorus und wenn nutze ich eigentlich immer eines der Presets als Ausgangsposition.

Ok, here we go....

I've pulled my Klon Clone out of my old analog guitar rack, hooked it up in the distortion Loop and twiddled the knobs until I found it got close.
    To my surprise, depending on how much gain and what kind of tone settings I used on the "Klone", my preferred overdrive/distortion model on the KPA changed.

The "Mellow Klone":
    Mouse, Drive 2.2. Tone 3.0, Mix 84%, Vol +0.9

The "Gritty Klone":
    One DS, Drive 0.0, Tone 2.9, Mix 81%, Vol -1.6

The "Spanky Klone"
    Plus DS, Drive 4.1, Mix 90%, Vol -2.0

Since the Klon adds a little compression aswell due to the way the circuit works I've added a compressor stomp right after the OD/Dist block
    with Intensity 4.2, Attack 2.8, Squash -1.5, Mix 30%, Vol +0.5

IMHO the use of the additional Comp only makes sense on Amps/Rigs with lower gain settings.

All in all I would say that these presets resemble a decent 85-95% copy of my DIY Klone pedal
    Let me know what you think.

Cheers, René

BTW, My clean sense was set to -8.0. I've used my heavily modded PRS Tremonti SE with an 8.5k Alnico V bridge humbucker.
    My reference Rig was a Mars 2203 Profile I made myself last year with medium gain and through its low input.

I'd try hooking up the KPA via SPDIF if you can to avoid the triple "DA-AD-DA"conversion in your signal chain.

Some people report that the Kemper's DA conversion at the outputs seems to add some fatness to the sound, so compare with your own ears what you like better.

However don't use the mic preamps of your interface, use TRS 1/4" line level inputs instead, since they have less sound coloring components before the AD converters.

Depending on the exact m-audio interface you're using now you should consider a better interface aswell, the Input circuits and converters on some m-audios sound quite tinny IMHO.
    The Audient ID series seems to be pretty decent in comparable price ranges.

So sehr ich den Kemper Kasten liebe - manchen der Kritikpunkte muss ich zustimmen:

• Tap LED - das nervt einfach.
    • Merged/Studio Profile Erkennung - hoffentlich gibt es da bald mal einen Flag der das kennzeichnet.
    • SPDIF Clock Slaving - das wäre auch bei mir sehr willkommen.

Zu den MIDI Abstürzen kann ich sagen: Trotz gleichzeitiger externer Midi Clock, NPRN Steuerung und Programchanges stürtzt es bei mir nicht ab.

Die Sortierung der Stomps könnte etwas übersichtlicher werden - ich nehme aber an, dass da bestimmt mal was kommen wird als Überarbeitung.

Ja, die Remote ist zugegebenermaßen relativ empfindlich was den Versorgungsstrom angeht, hilft hier ein Power Injector wirklich dauerhaft, auch wenn er direkt beim Kemper mit im Rack ist?

Das User Interface und das Remote Display könnten manchmal etwas "cremiger" laufen, aber mir persönlich ist es auch wichtiger, dass es cremig klingt. Vermutlich sieht das das Kemper Team ähnlich.

what he probably ment, was:
    Is there any way to change the level of a performance (all 5 slots) with one parameter?

my answer: no,
    but you can use the < > buttons on the "SNES style" control pad to change between slots and adjust the rig volumes with the volume knob close to them.

Maybe they're holding it back until the Frankfurt music fair... But the companies don't really care about the german music trade fair anymore. Did Kemper have a booth in 2016?

A compact Kemper pedalboard unit would be my perfect B-Rig for smaller gigs.
    Damn, I was close to considering a Helix for this purpose. ;)

the FX versatility is rather boring, just bread n butter IMHO.
    The list of amp models is almost identical to the 11R. The specs for the USB interface look interesting with the 24bit/96kHz (let's see if the DSP engine uses 96k aswell) and the ideas for the user interface look interesting, but that's all about it...
    Has anybody seen an estimated retail price for that unit so far?

similar problems here.
    As logical as it may be, the current up/down behaviour is somewhat against my habits, probably because I've used so many footcontrollers having the up switch above the down button, which made my mindmap like "the upper button is for the next song"