Posts by NOISE

Try the Ashdown Profiles on the Rig Exchange. Outstanding profiles and remarkably the stomp/effect section can be used with very little changes. I did however change the cabinet to an SVT 8X10 IR from RedWire. I choose the two IR's with the AKG D112 and Neumann U47FET at the Cone Edge (0 Inches).

Wanted to say "Thank You Very Much" to R.U. Sirius for all his profiles. I am in the middle of a recording session and as I was looking over the profiles I realized they are all his profiles. Especially the Bogner Shiva is my all time favorite.

I listed links to the sound files of the isolated guitar and drums below.

Broken
    Pale Horse
    B2S
    Rio Bruja

Thank you once again and I am sure as the next weeks roll on that when I choose a bass profile for the recording it will be one of yours.

Posted four isolated guitar and drum tracks on Soundcloud this afternoon. Bass tracks will follow during the next several weeks and then finally the vocals.

Broken
    Pale Horse
    B2S
    Rio Bruja

For those interested in the setup, see below.

DAW - Reaper
    Mastering Plugin - EZ Mix 2 + Metal Bundle (only used for Reverb, Limiter and overall EQ)
    Audio Interface - Focusrite 6i6
    Kemper Profiling Rack

Drums - Superior Drummer 2.0 (primarily the Koloss kit by Tomas Haake)
    Guiter - Ibanez ARZ307 with Kent Armstrong Broiler 7 Pickups
    Strings - D'Addario EXL140-8;10-64 Nickel Wound LTHB
    External Pedals - Dunlop JC-95 Wah
    Standard Tuning

Distortion and Fuzz - Bogner Shiva (R.U. Sirius), Blue+, Marshall 1960B (Tills 011)
    Lead - Bogner Shiva (R.U. Sirius), Red, Marshall 1960B (Tills 011)
    Clean - Fender Bassman 59 (And44), Blue +, Matching Cabinet (And44)

Many specifics going on with each sound; will try and list the exact setup for the stomps used in the days to come.

Yes, lef38. That is the correct video. I think there is another video where he discusses how he created the Microbot. I believe he talks about how he and another guy built the original and the overall mechanics. Would be a great project to build for any studio.

There was once a video on you tube with Richard Z explaining some of the techniques they use to get that big sound. Besides the panning setup that was posted previously, he went into detail as how they layer chords.

For example if he was playing an E major bar chord at the 7th fret from the A string, the other guitarist would play an open position E major chord (typically only striking the bottom four strings). My suggestion would be to do the same with all your chords, so that what you are hearing is a very robust chord with many notes doubled and in octave displacement.

The panning I use is hard left, hard right and then an inside doubled track at 63L and 63R. You can adjust your inside sound to taste but try to use the guitar part with the open chords on the inside tracks.

Hope this helps.

p.s. if you cannot find the video under his name, check for his name and some videos he did for Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5. He has a patch available for that software.

Awesome. Been waiting for someone to really put a nice package of blended/mixed profiles together. I reviewed the entire site this morning and listened to all the clips. The sounds are amazing and truly what the community needed. The profiles are spot on and will move quickly to the top of the list in anyone's set of favorite profiles.

Thanks again Till for all your hard work and these great profiles.

p.s. I will post clips of them in use soon.

Update! I tried everything mentioned and to no resolution. To narrow the issues I took my laptop and audio interface to the store where I work. Had two studio experts look at what is going on.

**** IMPORTANT INFO ***. If you have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro or Ultra. You can download the newest driver, however, the driver does not communicate with Reaper. It is do to the name length of the Description in the Regedit file. The name Avid choose, which is the new proprietor of M-Audio legacy products, is longer than 32 characters. You must go into the Regedit file on your PC and change the name to anything less than 32 characters. I choose "M-Audio FT Ultra" Now reaper sees all the ins and outs.

But now the bad news, I ran my PC into the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra and through a Lexicon Reverb rack. This was all ran S/PDIF. No problems sending and no problems receiving. Worked very easily and I was excited. But, when I got home, after saving the exact settings on everything, I used the Kemper with S/PDIF as the input and nothing. I REPEAT NOTHING!!!!!

So tomorrow I will dismantle every wire and start again. If no resolve maybe Mr. Kemper himself can give his input on how to fix this issue.

Till then, I will keep you posted.

Thanks again to all those who posted a solution and if any other thoughts may come to mind please let me know.

I know this is becoming a dead horse in the forum, but after reading all the threads, all the manuals, updating to 2.2 beta, reading all the Reaper manuals, the audio interface manuals, and consulting a studio tech, . . . I GIVE UP.

Here is my setup:

Kemper Profiling Rack (2.2 O/S Beta)
    M-Audio Fast Track Ultra (Latest Drivers)
    Windows 7 x64
    Reaper x64 (Latest Addition)

I can record dry track and wet track with no problems whatsoever by following the instruction on Kemper Wiki. That part is simple and works great. Then the madness begins.

I have set the dry track to every single possible output listed separately and all at once. I have the Kemper set to SPDIF input, the audio interface is set to external and I am running everything 24/44.1, all the levels are set to max, and still not even a flicker in the input LED on the Kemper.

What in the world can possibly be going wrong??? Before you ask I have even tried the ReaInsert FX in Reaper; still nothing. For now, I am going to pour a drink and wait for an answer. Thanks in advance for any advise.