Posts by Booyah

Loved the tone on that DV amp in the video and will be trying out that EVH profile for sure, thanks Trazan! Still would like to hear what the OP's setup is. In case you didn't know you can find that EVH profile here on the Rig Exchange.

Got me digging for info now... Your Behringer FCB1010 is capable of sending up to 5 CC messages per button, my Roland FC300 can send up to 6 in Patch Mode (news to me). Looks like this is possible after all. Anyone with one of these units that knows the steps please fire away..

No idea when the "1x12 to 4x12" EQ Stomp/Preset (hope I'm calling it the right thing) came out but it's in the EQ section of my selectable stomps, one of the first ones right after distortion I believe. I'd try adding all the old factory content from the Rig Pack download section on the main site. I've added everything they have that way and then just deleted the rigs I don't use. If you still can't find it try this old post from Don Petersen, pretty sure it's the same setting I have: 1x12 to 4x12 and 4x12 to 1x12 EQ settings

Not possible to change multiple things with a single midi control change message in the Kemper. Each time you hit a control change switch on your FCB it will send a midi message with a single change number assigned and effects, delay, reverb all have their very own midi control change number that's assigned to them.

I set some of my presets like this:
    #1 Clean Dry
    #2 Clean Wet
    #3 High Gain Dry
    #4 High Gain Wet
    #5 Solo

I always have my expression pedal set to increase the gain on my clean channel, solves the missing crunch channel.

As for the Bass being part of the in the room equation I think I agree. I used the subwoofer option on my EV ZLX 12P for quite a while and loved the sound but I was getting lost in the mix so I ditched the sub. My bass player and I are on speaking terms again lol. For anyone using FRFR for mid to high gain rock I highly recommend doing what I did originally with the Kemper. I noticed it didn't have the bottom end I was looking for (maybe that's the pushing air everyone talks about, not sure). Get your tone where you like it at home and when you get to a practice or gig add the EQ preset called "1x12 into 4x12". It's in almost every one of my profiles I use live. You may have to adjust for a boomy low E. Hope it helps someone out there!

I use the gain pedal on some clean profiles but I also use a pure booster with pedal option in slot D on some mid gain profiles as well. Having the booster before the preamp will add more gain, I will at times also add a second pure booster in Slot X and limit the pedal range of that one just to keep the volumes consistent. Seems some profiles get louder while others don't, haven't dove in to figure out why, I have the extra slot so I took the Rube Goldberg approach. The whole thing works pretty much the same as rolling in the gain with a clean profile but it is a bit of a different animal and works better with some amps than others. The type of gain you are getting is usually much smoother sounding than the original amps gain knob, hope this works for you for now.

I play live around 250 shows a year and have come to the understand it's nearly impossible to get that perfect sound night after night. I've got that perfect sound one night and had my heart sink the next show with the same settings too many times to lose my mind over it any more. I use an EV ZLX 12p and am happy with the basics of my tones. When I get to a show I do a quick Monitor out tweak with no FOH (2 minutes tops) and then turn up FOH and make sure they closely match what I have on stage and I'm done, Sure I could upgrade my FRFR or lug a 4x12 and "move more air?" but even they wouldn't sound so perfect on stage later on when they bleed me through the stage monitors and people start walking into the room. Trust me if I'm in a studio I want it dead on but live I'm not going to waste time chasing grail tones. I'm hired to entertain not play with buttons all night. Since I've stopped nitpicking sound for minimal gain playing has become a lot more fun.

I find boosters and effects added to high gain take away from the dynamics of the profile. I use them live to add variety and sometimes depth to our sound (3 piece band). I doubt I would want the Axe FX pedal board vs the rack version, it will probably be a lot of extra cables on stage to get the KPA in the loop (if that will even be possible).

I add clarity to almost any patch I use with gain or my sound can get lost in the mix of even my 3 piece band. Also try the Masotti profiles with Dragoon cabs in the rig exchange. For some reason I fell in love with them, great profiles for my FRFR setup. My EC ZLX has a subwoofer that I turn off completely and I also drop the main presence a bit.

Sold my toaster for a rack just last month. 200+ shows a year so I needed my KPA safe and secure. I do miss the LEDs especially the preset volume one while I'm on stage.

Haven't been crazy about the KPA wah either but I will try some of the settings posted on this thread and definitely will be moving it to Stomp A. I have it at Stomp D on all my presets for some dumb reason. Would also love to see some ideas for touch wah settings, my band has been covering RATM Bullet in the Head lately and I've been trying to mimic some of the feel of the solo with a touch wah instead of beating the tar out of my toggle switches. Any ideas appreciated!