Posts by RobinMatrix

Just a heads up on this, we are shipping to our USA based customers already, UK and Europe customers will begin to get their emails inviting them to purchase at the end of this week.

Pricing is unchanged from what we published in our announcements:

USA / North America
    FR10 - $679
    FR12 - $749

UK/Rest of World
    FR10 - £549 inc VAT (£482.50 ex VAT)
    FR12 - £599 inc VAT (£499.16 ex VAT)

Yeah. I've seen that the 12" cone is tagged as 60 W continuous power, 120 W peak. So the 2x12" should be 240 W peak. You won't be able to crank the Profiler all the way up with it, but as you say it will be a much safer territory :)
    The danger practically remains tho, specially since the feeling of safety will possibly make your attention get loose. It all depends on how much volume you need.

Sadly, thats not quite right. The 16 ohm cone in the NL12 is indeed rated 60W "AES" .. which will handle 120W of music/programme so far so good.

The NL212 has two of them .. so yes, it handles 120W AES, or 240W music/programme ...

But ... the NL212 has an overall impedance of 8 Ohms, where as the NL12 has 16 ohms ... so while the maximum power of the Kemper is around 300W into 16 ohms ( about twice what the speaker can take) .. it is 600W into 8 ohms (again about twice what the speaker can take) so the situation is the same.

Really it makes a lot more sense to think of the amplifier as a VOLTAGE source, not a power source. You can consider the speaker cone has a maximum voltage it will be safe with, so if you connect 1 of them or 2 of them across the amplifer terminals, the volatage applied will be the same.

It would be great if the kemper had a "power level" control on the amplifer itself, allowing you to limit it to a certain level. They could even display it for both 8 and 16 ohms at the same time, which might help people understand that really you are setting the output voltage, not the output power.

So, at the end of all that ... if you keep the maximum output around -6dB, you will be fine. this should deliver around 75W into 16 ohms (150W into 8 ohms) ... after that, it depends on your playing style etc, you culd push it as far as -3dB and still be safe if you are playing fairly dynamic clean tones. Probably best to stick to around -6dB if you play "heavier" stuff.

But please put some pics of this system with some Kemper products ;) Kemper owners would love that. Or like K3MP3R is asking put a video here of the FR212 with a Kemper. Just some free advice comming from a dude who still abuses his Ultra, thanks to Matrix and 4 traditional 2X12 cabs.

BTW how is the Reaper development evolving?

I'll see what we can do ... you know I try not to be "religious" about where the signal is coming from. Some people like green boxes, some like black ... and you know, don;t say anything too loudly, but there are even some people who uses both ... and feed one to the other. I was always told if you connected the green one to the black one, there would be an explosion, but maybe its not true :)

Anyway, I'll certainly try and get some video for you, I think you are going to like them!

As for the Reaper ... it still moves on ... we did more sound testing, more opinions ... every time we ask one more guitarist, we get one more new opinion ... do you guys never agree on anything? ;)

Robin in tha house :) Welcome Bro.

Altough I like the Matrix stuff a lot, lots of guys here find your affiliation with that other company a bit ......
    Stuff is moving fast :) Even Atomic are putting a fanless 1U amp to the market called slr400. Curious who designed that one LOL.
    This 2x12 FRFR looks great! But at the current speed of developments I stick to what I have. I hated the monthly FAS FW upgrades, let alone monthly hardware updates.

Greetings to the gang!

Hey DaDa, good to hear you too!

All I can say is we build amps and speakers ... they don't really mind where the signal comes from, a signal is a signal, we just make it louder :)

We had a lot of fun with the FR212 already, I don't think my neighbours will forget the testing I did in the summer ... best place to make measurements is outside ;)

We just keep making our things, people buy them, and we are all happy. I'll say hello to the rest of the crew for you when they get back from LA :)

Hi,

I've been following the "other thread" on here, but for many reasons we do not think it would be correct for us to join in with that one.

I don't want to make an advert, but I would though like to share something with you: at the LA Amp Show this weekend we released our FR212 2x12 cab. I've played this a lot with our Kemper, and it works very well, really is a good match. The Kemper has great sounding bottom end on many of the patches, and with a good FRFR 2x12 you get to hear it properly. We made this cab for people with modellers that want not only very clear and very controlled sound, but also lots of it.

Here's what someone on another thread said after hearing our FR212s this weekend:

Reminds me of Crocodile Dundee ... that's not a knife ... with all the talk of why things may or may not be loud, this cab seems to answer the question ;)

Disclaimer: I am an employee of Matrix Amplification, my opinion may be biased :)