Posts by ChristopheSeyler

I just happened to google "pickup sims" and this is what I found. I don't think Kemper makes it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At 8:23 ... I really though a Kemper Logo will be revealed :D

I discovered this one recently :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It sounds less "IR tone matching" than the others i could tried.

In the free world, I also like these ones : https://mark2cplusprofiled.jim…om/iic-crunch-berry-pack/

Are we, perhaps, on the verge of discovering a completely new type of lo fi here?

We are already swimming in a lo-fi world :D guitar sound are distorsion passing through totally non flat speaker ..... This is the opposite of hifi should be

By the way, profiing a cortex, an Axe-FX, a Helix or even a washing machine, if it sound good, it is fine to me.

One more reason I'm glad I got a Stage last fall. curious though for you handy rack and head owners. Would it be possible for you to buy the bluetooth chip and solder it yourself?

You can find small board with the same chip like this one : https://www.amazon.com/KeeYees…P32&qid=1622212339&sr=8-4

There is on this board a chip to "see" the board as a UART (COM port) through its USB connection. AS I assume the main CPU of the Kemper also talk to its internal chip using this same COM port (maybe they use a quicker SPI ??) , it should be feasibly to use the same ESP32 firmware and connect this dev. board to the kemper USB (it requires the Kemper support USB COM class device).

GString : I don't know why they don't to this way (maybe manufacturing their own "dongle based on the same chip" to avoid to distribute the firmware of the ESP32)

Spdif slaving, variable impedance, wifi .. faster boot times, double the exp jacks ... It’s becoming more and more compelling to consider getting a Stage (versus my vintage powerhead but alas no amp), but as these features add-up Kemper themselves must be planning a hardware refresh to get racks and heads in line with the Stage. Please don’t call it Mk II. Just call it a Kemper.

The video shows the application and a toaster Kemper ... I guess they find a workaround to bring the feature to the non-stage user as well

I would like to get:

• support for a wide range of USB WiFi-Dongles (e.g. the small ones you can also use with the Raspberry Pi (TP-Link something)
    • webserver running on the Kemper
      • hosting the GUI (Like on the Soundcraft UI24 mixer (they also have an online demo of it. Very nice!)
      • Kemper can either connect to an existing access point or act as the access point
    • Kemper can update itself (one click update) (downloading the update from the web and installing it)
    • direct connection of the Kemper to the online Rig Exchange library
    • since the Kemper Profiler are online then, I want to manage my Rigs and Profiles from my Kemper account website. Eg. keep my Kemper profilers in sync

What I most likely will get:

• propriatary expensive USB-Dongle
    • iOS (maybe Android) app
      • limited Rig Manager functionality
    • closed protocol connection between dongle and app

prove me wrong! ;)

The stage has a built-in (and unused so far) wifi / bluetooth chip ... I'm afraid this new coming feature is reserved to the floor unit :(. I just hope they are clever enough to release something for the older units (like usb dongle)

I guess this is just because Kemper didn't pay them :D ... Because, i remember this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    where Slash was so amazed by ... Amplitube on ipad :D

Something I just do not understand people asking for a new kemper. I've never heard people bashing away an old vintage mashall amp asking for a touchscreen instead of knobs, or 'i want to route the mesa equ either in front, or post amp' .... Why I'm not able to switch my bogner channel from my IPAD ? ... So you get the point.

Ok the Kemper is a digital unit, but its spirit is to give an amp experience with a classical set of FX just like on an old pedal board. I like the simplicity, il like to be able to get directlty access to almost all main action (amp tone stack, and enable/disable fx)

I'm still impressed after more than 10 years, ... what, 5 revision of axe fx, more line 6 unit, ampfire, now QC (without counting on 10000 plugins) still compare their sound s and feel to try to achieve what a kemper do...

So, What does Kemper say to the God of death ?...... No Today

I think you should split the user experience in two aspects :

- the easy to use the interface itself

- the understanding of parameters

In my opinion, the user interface is really straight forward : you see and understand easily which button / knobs is doing ... but i really struggled a lot with some parameters (especially fx parameters like wha, delays, ...)

The user "friendlyness" should gain a lot with some "setup wizard" to help new user to understand and setup correctly some parameters like clean sense,...

I cannot translate this feeling in your survey

Hi,

I want to share with you how I record and reamp my Kemper through SPDIF with Reaper DAW.

I've built a set of "toolbox tracks" (and saved them as input template). Here there are:

There are a separator and a folder (just for cosmetic). The three nexts are more important

How to use it ? (i will explain how to setup them below)

Record for Reamp

Your kemper must be set with Git+Master Mono and SPDIF output

Create a "DI+AMP" track that will contain DI + mono amped (this is a stereo track). I prefer keeping DI and Amped sound together because it is easier to split/cut them together.

To record a track, I send "Git+M" to the "DI+AMP" track (click and drag the IO/Route button to the "DI+AMP") . Arm the record button on the "DI+AMP".... and let's play.

Record Master Stereo

Your kemper must be set with Master Stereo and SPDIF output

You do the same as previous but using the "Master S" track instead of "Git + M".

Reamping

Your Kemper must be set up with SPDIF Input Reamp as Input

Now, create a new track "ReampResult".

- click and drag the source track "DI+AMP" to the "REAMP" track (to send the "DI+AMP" to the "REAMP" track) : the REAMP track is configured to just taking care of the DI and send it to the KEMPER

- click and drag "MASTER S" track to the "ReampResult" track

- Arm the "ReampResult" ' record button

- Record.

How to setup toolbox tracks

The "Reamp" Track

This is the setup of the "Reamp" Track:

- The record is disabled

- In the routing parameters:

- Add a new hardware output to correspond to your SPDIF interface

- Now, set the hardware output to send the channel 1 (mono source -> 1) (left bottom combo box in the routing window)

The "Git + M" track

Here is the configuration of the "Git+M" track

- Enable Monitor Input

- Disable the record

- Set Input Stereo to the channel corresponding to the SPDIF inputs

Note that in the Routing config, I added a Send to a "Kemper M" track : this is an optionnal monitoring track: I send the mono channel 2 (the AMP sound) to a monitoring track.

The "Master S" Track

Quite similar to the previous configuration

So with track tempates, I can easlily add these pre-configured tracks to my projects

PS: for who that will ask me which reaper theme I use -> here it is : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=214879