I want to share with you how I record and reamp my Kemper through SPDIF with Reaper DAW.
I've built a set of "toolbox tracks" (and saved them as input template). Here there are:
There are a separator and a folder (just for cosmetic). The three nexts are more important
How to use it ? (i will explain how to setup them below)
Record for Reamp
Your kemper must be set with Git+Master Mono and SPDIF output
Create a "DI+AMP" track that will contain DI + mono amped (this is a stereo track). I prefer keeping DI and Amped sound together because it is easier to split/cut them together.
To record a track, I send "Git+M" to the "DI+AMP" track (click and drag the IO/Route button to the "DI+AMP") . Arm the record button on the "DI+AMP".... and let's play.
Record Master Stereo
Your kemper must be set with Master Stereo and SPDIF output
You do the same as previous but using the "Master S" track instead of "Git + M".
Your Kemper must be set up with SPDIF Input Reamp as Input
Now, create a new track "ReampResult".
- click and drag the source track "DI+AMP" to the "REAMP" track (to send the "DI+AMP" to the "REAMP" track) : the REAMP track is configured to just taking care of the DI and send it to the KEMPER
- click and drag "MASTER S" track to the "ReampResult" track
- Arm the "ReampResult" ' record button
How to setup toolbox tracks
The "Reamp" Track
This is the setup of the "Reamp" Track:
- The record is disabled
- In the routing parameters:
- Add a new hardware output to correspond to your SPDIF interface
- Now, set the hardware output to send the channel 1 (mono source -> 1) (left bottom combo box in the routing window)
The "Git + M" track
Here is the configuration of the "Git+M" track
- Enable Monitor Input
- Disable the record
- Set Input Stereo to the channel corresponding to the SPDIF inputs
Note that in the Routing config, I added a Send to a "Kemper M" track : this is an optionnal monitoring track: I send the mono channel 2 (the AMP sound) to a monitoring track.
The "Master S" Track
Quite similar to the previous configuration
So with track tempates, I can easlily add these pre-configured tracks to my projects
PS: for who that will ask me which reaper theme I use -> here it is : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=214879