Posts by ChristopheSeyler

My disappointed feeling is more because I ahd great expectation since the NAMM annoucement. The tool is still too limited from my point of view, but it is on a good way : the preview mode over USB is a must have, the connection (and auto update) to the rig exchange is also a good thing. I just expected a littel more than these bith great feature.

Hi all,

After some days of using the rig manager, i'm a little bit disappointed. First of all, I know this is a Beta (so some bugs could appear), i know it is "just" a rig manager, so it is not possible to remote control the kemper, or editing profiles (changing stomp parameters,...). But after such a wait, i would like to get something better than just a rig list :(
    - the search function without filter is almost unusable (search "marshall" or "mesa" and you get 1/4 of the rig exchange profiles)
    - Why only two levels of folders ?
    - if you use the second level of folder, you cannot make a serach on the upper level
    - unable to save/backup stomps settings ?
    - unable to edit or save/backup performances ?

Now, I'm waiting for the Rig Manager 2.0 ;(

Well, I think that, if you want to record one stereo profile and 1 clean (for reamping) at the time you need at least 3 inputs, wich the Tascam has not... ;(

Thanks for the link Lokasenna!

My quad capture has only 2 analog inputs and 2 digitals. So, what is do is
    - recoding the DI mono and output mono (without rev and delay) out of the SPDIF output (mono signal is easier for me for double or quad tracks)
    - recording the main stereo output (through the 2 analog inputs) ... just to get a quick preview

If i really need a good quality stereo output, I re-amp throug SPDIF

Thanks a lot !!!
    Stereo is not a big deal, because i probably double the track (or quad) ... all stereo effects (delay and reverb) will be added in the DAW itself

I didn't know about the mixing DI and output on the SPDIF !

I just got my Quad Capture yesterday ... I'm still looking for how to get the best cabling scheme for recording both KPA output and DI (for future re-amp). I opened a thread about that. Otherwise, the quad capture seems to be a very good piece of hardware. I'll be able to get a better opinion in a few days.

Hi,

I've just got my new Roland Quad Capture (Analog 2in:2out and SPDIF 2in/2out) and I would like to record some guitar tracks. But i want to record the output of the KPA as well as the DI signal (for, eventuelly, a future re-amp). What is the best way to connect the KPA to my sound card ?

as always, the release of a new FW, or other goodies will be announced by Burkhard in the 'Important Announcements' subforum. ;)

appreciate the enthusiasm, though. :)

So, instead of refreshing the download page, i will refresh the Important Announcements' subforum page :D .... No, you are not ALONE ! :D

Personnaly,what I want is a missing feature : Trial profiles !!! the ability (for the creator) to make profile that can be used for a few minutes (after what, you can turn off and on the kemper). So, getting the ability to try profiles with our setup, soudn chain, guitars, and picking style, inside or outside a mix.

I've bought some TAF profiles that do not sound like the online sample when "I" am playing with them.

Sorry for the off-topics

Hi,

I encountered the same issue just once when i was quickly browsing in CAB section (with autoload activated) ... The sound was cut (even the tuner did not worked anymore) ... Turning the unit off and on had fixed it (for the moment)

BTW, I'm running the lastest firmware

Hi all,

I don't know how much CPU power is still available when all FX slots are enabled ... And, I know this is not easy to add FX slots (because of the user interface on the Kemper). A good idea is considerating the Wha pedal as a RIG parameter instead of a FX. In most of the case, the Wha is located in the front of the chain (when not,it could still be possible to add a Wha in a specific FX slot)

Another trick should be to make available the Transpose FX as Input parameter. So, when you want to use a rig be with a different tuning, it is not necessary to add a transport FX in the front of the chain (if, hopefully, there is an empty slot)

Sorry man, but you this theory doesn't work. It's pretty common among some FAS users, but it is based on the assumption that a profile is a copycat of a someone else tone.
    That might work for matching eq's tone (which is how fast users think when they speak about the kpa) , but it doesn't at all with profiles taken by an amp.
    A profile is just a copy of an AMP with a certain eq/cab/mic settings, whit specific dynamics and behaviour. Guitar and hands, in a machine being as transparent as the KPA is, make a huge difference.
    While I agree the fact that the AF stuff is very flexible, I can confirm that the big amount of profiles available is the best way to find your tone. And it takes a lot of trying and tweaking in order to find what is best for you.

In the end, I agree with you when you say that this question about the feel is not so useful, since feel is a very personal felling (nice and unwanted word trick), so it can have a good answer only after playing these devices, with a result of personal opinion.

What I mean is mainly that nature of the sound is the amp AND the cab (of course, pickup and fingers will affect it ... but it is difficult to change them, especially the fingers :D) ... The kemper would be more versatile with amp and cab profiled separately, because, like someone already said here, the algorithm chosen to remove the cab is not very perfect. I aslo agree that working like that, you should loose the interaction between amp, power amp and cab that the kemper can grab.

The fact is playing with the tonestack parameters over a profile does not react like changing the same parameters on the profiled amp (this is why may profilers profiles their amps with different setting). For that, the AXE FX is better. Over that, the among of Cabinet IRs is so huge (just the Redwirez collection counts thousand of them). So a modeled amp and a IR collection give you a wider range of tweaking than a profile that becomes to sound a little wierd when to try to change the parameter to deeply.

On the other hand, many amp+cab+mic have just some sweet spot. This is why I chosen the Kemper ... A good profile as starting base, a few tweaks and let's play (actually the reality is too many profile to test to get your good starting base :D) ... but i don't search weird sound with tons of FX or the perfect IR (or combinaison of IRs) to get THE tone.