Posts by ChristopheSeyler

Hi,

As all AXE FX vs Kemper ... Sorry, but your question is a non-sens ... Post the same question on the fractal audio forum, and you'll get the opposite answer. My answer is simply ... If it is possible, let's try by yourself. The kemper is not sold by a dedicated channel, so it is possible to find one in a store to test it. If it "feels" like you want, and you prefer the "Kemper concept" instead of the "Axe" one ... just get it.

For me, the Axe and the Kemper are two awesome devices, but they target different persons :
    - I want to spend time to get MY sound, without the nedd to have real amp -> Go to Axe (the number/quality of effects and the freedom of routing make the axe a far better tool than Kemper in this category)
    - I already have my tones, I just want a tool to make their use easier -> Go to Kemper (for me, many arstists and producers are in this category)
    - I don't have any amp, I just want to play by using the others peoples tones (with minimal tweaks) -> Also go to Kemper

But this is my own opinion,

Christophe

Hi,

I would like to share my experience with the Atomic Amps support. I bought a CLR after more than a month on the waiting list. It got broken 2 monthes after I received it. I sent a email to know how i can retrun back my unit to fix it as soon as possible ... I received the answer several days after (OK, ... not very reactive, but ...) from Tom King himself. He really seems being annoying by my issue so He just shipped a new unit to me that i received 4 days after.

I am impresed by the support. I though that could take monthes to send back my unit, waiting for repair and returning it back. So, having a woring unit after 7 days : I LIKE IT !

Thanks to the Atomic Amps support and to Tom King.

By the way, I love my CLR

I agree, a good way to achieve all cases should be :
    - the performance rigs always point to a "browser mode" one
    - When a browse rig is assigned to a performance slot, the device simply asks if we want the original, or a copy. In the last case, it creates a copy (accessible to the browse mode too).
    - A good thing should be that these copies should be tagged by a "performance slot" just like "favorite". So we could imagine that in browser mode, it is possible to filter to show or hide the performance copies.

By this way :
    * By always asking "yes" when the device asking for a copy ... the behaviour is the same than the current one.
    * By creating a copy, you can edit a rig either in performance mode or in browser mode.
    * And you can also create performance by pointing the same rig (and then, editing all of them at the same time)

Robman : a interresting case to use pointer to a same rig is : when you have multiple performance that use the same sound (multiple song use the same particular sound). If you decide to update your sound, you need to re-affect all performance slot to this new sound

Hi,

I've a little question : I would like to modify my old Wha-Wha pedal to turn it in an expression pedal + a switch : i will change the swith to a button, and unsolder the potentiometer to connect its terminations to the jack.

. Each expression pedal/switch input use stereo jack to control up to 2 switches/or/Pedals
    So, I would like to know if i can send the pedal and the switch signal through a stereo jack, and how to assign that in the kemper ?

Thanks in advance

no, I didn't know about the WDW option. According to the manual, if I want a W/D/W configuration and an effect loop, i could use the kemper as this :
    - Main output (set with Reverb/Delay Wet) to my pair of behringer speakers
    - monitor output (set as Mod Mix) to my Atomic CLR
    - Direct output/Send and Return Input for the effect loop
    Am I right ?

. Actually, I still cannot test that right nox, my kemper is backordered to 1st december ....