Posts by ChristopheSeyler

Just note that reaper is NOT free ... The evaluation period is not limited in time, the the evaluation version is full featured (only a pause of 5sec at startup). But it is not free ... AND really cheap 65$ lifetime license and eligible to get all the current version updates AND the next major update (so the version 7.0) and its updates as well..

Reaper here, with mainly 2 plugins :

- Ample Sound Bass P Lite II : really great because it's free, the sound is great and it offer the ability to import Guitar Pro Tab -> no MIDI programming (it handles all bass articulations according to the Tab)

- EzDrummer : quite not so expensive (i've seen that slate gives a free light version of SSD5 -> probably a good free alternative)

Ready to go !

A kemper, Axe etc are made for a specific purpose: as a multiamp(s)with effects. All PCBs in the device are in their for that reason and make it as good as possible. With a typical ampsim on the computer that's not possible and therefore they won't sound as good. Maybe in the future with much better and faster computers. Or we just need to install and insert a small pcb loaded with stuff and voila! it will sound as good as a kemper. But for now, no nothing comes close enough on the computer. I have tried nearly all ampsims that exist and I have not been impressed enough.

No, it is not. the electronics is "just" a good analog frontend to convert the signal, a CPU and /or DSP and a digital to analog convertion chain.

The convertion is very good on the Kemper (or Axe,...) but not better than any good sound card.

The latency is more controlled on dedicated hardware, not relying on interface (USB, Thunderbold) latency, driver latency and OS latency (Windows/LInux or OSx are not real-time OS : the modern CPUs are fast enough to ensure audio "real-time", but it will never guaranty that will never pop or crack

CPU/DSP are chosen to be cheap , just enough powerfull for their purpose ... but yes a 1000€ intel CPU is powerfull enough to process the 15€ DSP of the Kemper :)

No it's not extremely difficult neither impossible to ge the big pro sound in a home studio.

What ??? Ok if you rely on real hardware, you need amps, cabs, mics and rooms ... Basically to expensive for a home studio. But with a kemper, all this infrastructure is hidden behind a profile. So, yes, it is possible to get a "pro sound" in a bedroom, focusing on a good guitar (new string / pickup) and even more, a good guitarist ... Double tracking or quad tracking sloppy played tracks will just give you sh*t

Common guys, you cannot imagine what a support service can ingest. Ok, they will sell hundered of stage these next two weeks, receiving a lot of tickets about :

- use questions

- user errors :)

- bugs in KAOS 7

So imagine if they release the KAOS update right now for the rack and toaster version ? they would be flooded by tickets !

Beyond that, i do not understand pricing policy :

- as far as i know,, the only missing stuffs on the stage are the 3 buttons (stomp, effect, amp), both reverb/delay rotary knobs, the ethernet connector (seems dedicated to remote, so useless here)

But the stage has :

- a stereo monitor output

- an additional send/return

- apparently, a updated (better ?) input with 2 impedances selection

- the functionnality of a remote

and it is cheaper than the toaster / rack version ?

What am i missing ?

To stay with the differences :

- 2 effects loops

- a stereo monitor output

- The profiling feature ??? Gone ???

Furthermore, there is a new official Kemper stage overview video :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Interresting stuffs :

- Overview of the new preset management :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Use of USB2 :

External Content youtu.be

-> manages Rig, performances AND PRESETS

i really think there is a converter between kemper rigs To overloud th-u:

Check this : choptones now provides rigs pack for overloud.

Check the kemper profiles site : https://www.choptones.com/kemp….name&order=ASC&limit=100

And the overloud version : https://overloud.com/products/choptones-fried-be50d

240 studio profiles in both packs with the same cabs, guitars and boost pedals (And the same amp settings for every profile).... strange?

Maybe ChopTones could explain this?