Posts by ChristopheSeyler

Actually, i don't thing there are any patent break. The kemper patent refers to the ability to model a rig by sending some sound patterns to identify the equ and gain stage (non linear function) of a rig chain.

By providing only a player, this ability is hidden. Only overloud has the ability to generate profiles.

I don't know if there is a patent on the DSP algorithm (the player function) itself. If yes, there is no proof that the algo used by overloud is the same.

Looking forward to know the CK reaction on this

If you check the video, you can see (and hear) that their "rig to model" system uses also signal pattern to " sample and capture the response of an entire rig, including the nonlinear and dynamic response of the amplifier, the cabinet, the microphones, the mic preamplifier and the room sound"

Sounds quite similar of what the kemper to, not a simple eq (tone) match between to sound

Overloud is planning hte release of its new product TH-U with an interresting feature : a rig sample / player

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Note the look of the module / rotary button , the name of the parameters you have access :) Look familiar

Kemper : old dusty DSP with 400Mips
    AxeFX III : 2 dual-core brand new DSPs with 20GFLOP per core

And the Axe still try to get closer to the Kemper result ;) So profiling algo vs modeling algo -> 1:0

Hi,

as i understand is by activating this feature, it is possible to make the kemper seding CC on its MIDI output when a pedal (Wha for example) is activated. If this is the case, I'm reallt interrested in this feature to be able to reamp track when a WHA is used (I capture the DI and and MIDI channel to be able to send them again to the KPA when I reamp).

The fact is, even if i activate the Pedal To Midi feature, i cannot see any activity on the KPA's MIDI ouput. Am I missing something ?

Solution:

"Have you configured one or two external devices on the “Perform Mode: MIDI” page in System Settings?"

While being in Performance Mode enter System Settings, navigate to page "Perform Mode: MIDI", set up one or two external devices with
    a. MIDI channel
    b. MIDI output your cable is connected to
    c. a logical name (this is optional)

Once done, the feature is available in BROWSE mode and PERFORMANCE mode.

but at the end the result is the same: an amps profiled without royalties to manufacturer. So why not buying a brand new amp, profiling it and returning it. I don't think that a guy that really like an amp, will be happy with just a bunch of profiled (means settings actually). And on the other hand, the guy that just happy with the profiles won't probably but an amp anyway.

Yes they can if the numbers get out of hand I don't mind paying a royalty to the amp companies for their rigs (if I don't own their amp) or buying their original amp pack (Dr z for example) But if you buy an amp profile it then return it

Your scum
    You don't belong here

There are plug ins that already pay royalties to amp companies :whistling:

sorry bro but it is just non sense. What about profiling a second hand amp ? I haven't paid anything to the manufacturer. The same is renting an amp to record some tracks and returning it. Almost all sellers profile either second hand amps or friend's amps... I don't think they are s... What you said