Posts by chamelious

My bands latest album:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Check out this track if you want a quick/cool example of the KPA's tasty reverse delay!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Second single. This time there's some cleans, using the lovely new delays!

Hi All,

My bands first single off third album, all guitars and bass done with Kemper...although its just the one sound each for guitars and bass. Will link the full album stream thats a bit more varied once thats out!

This is jolly frustrating.

I'm attempting to reamp, using the exact same technique and signal chain i used yesterday, which worked fine.

Spdif out of focusrite scarlett 18i20 into KPA, spdif out of KPA back into scarlett.

I've tried the sync source as internal and spdif. I'm getting random crackling. Not on all rigs, seems whenever i try and use delay it gets even worse. Tried restarting things multiple times, CANNOT figure this out. Can anyone help?

Latest firmware.

Found the "single" "dual crystal" etc, where do i find the presets for them? When i use "browse" it just takes me back to the pool of all the stomps for some reason, rather than the presets for that delay type, is this a bug?

Tones are from the KPA as always.

This guitar is so lovely. I've actually had it a short while but wanted to do a little video rather than just a photo.Chris Delia at Carillion is utterly fantastic. This Nemesis is largely a stock instrument of his, he just added the sun at the twelfth fret for me.

have you tried the 'Clarity' parameter?
    A Green Scream with 0.0 Drive, Tone to taste and a little bit of push from Level might also help.

Many thanks for the replies!

I always pick rigs which have been done with a tubescreamer of some kind out front, i've never had results i like from the KPA's built in alternative.

Will look at clarity, thanks.

So I've recently switched to a 7 with passive pickups (BKP Juggernauts). I really like them but i'm finding it really hard to dial in the right amount of gain to leave me with enough clarity while still retaining that saturation you get from having enough gain.

Any tips here, maybe something i'm missing, eq etc?

Thanks

Whenever i record, especially with a distorted profile, i find i need to make 2 or 3 "surgical cuts" with EQ, that is with a very low bandwidth/high Q. Theres usually at least one for "hissssss" and one for a higher pitched screeching. Once they go back in, they hurt.

Which of the KPA's EQ's would be best suited to getting this done? Can anyone see a drawback to doing this in a live scenario?

Thanks

This is why most bands hire a producer

many bands who have this idea on how they should sound and its normally because of the way they think they sound in the rehersal room

I think there's a veritable gulf of bands in between bands who can afford to hire a producer and bands mashing away with a marshall MG amp full of bees haha.