Posts by Notooth

Great, I figured that would be the case. I will make sure the main outs are not connected to the master volume and let the sound engineer know that a direct box is not needed.

Thank you paults!

I'm still curious about this however:

"The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the Profiler if you want the best audio quality."

Is there a possibility phantom power will create noise, ground loop interference, degradation of tone? Wonder if anyone has experienced an issue?

Just talked to the sound engineer at the club we're playing at Friday Night. She says the board they use does not accommodate line level signal. She recommends a direct box. Since I can control the signal level of the main output, do I need a direct box? It seems like I can simply lower main output to say -20db to get it closer to a mic level signal. Anything I need to be concerned with? I noticed in the manual it says the KPA is protected against Phantom power when connecting via XLR out but does not recommend it: "However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the Profiler if you want the best audio quality". Does that mean their may be unwanted noise or a degradation in tone when phantom power is active at the board?

Questions:
    Direct Box - yes or no?
    Recommended Main output level for mic level signal?
    Phantom Power from board any known issues?

Thanks to the Forum Members for your kindness and willingness to help us less knowledgeable.

Chris

Hey Andy, I have bought your Marshall pack and many singles and I love your profiles especially the Train wreck. I am one who is not buying until next fw since I play with a power kemper & 4x12 on stage. Can't wait for di profiles and will be buying many then. Hang in there. I think there's more like me.

I had a similiar problem with my new Power Rack. The noise was much louder than on your sound clip but similiar result. It was within the 30 day return window with Zzounds so I returned it for a new one. I'm waiting for the new one to arrive any day and I'm crossing my fingers this not a common problem with the Power Rack. Let me mention I did contact Kemper tech support and they simply mentioned that they have not seen this problem before and it sounded like a hardware problem.