Posts by Deadlightstudio

Hey deadlight, no problem! I can for sure do that! Thanks for the input too. I think a lot of people didn't like the pick attack and clickyness of the bare knuckle aftermath that I had in My les Paul, definitely part of it. Also It is extremely low mid (240hz or so) heavy and for live use or as a stand alone tone, needs to be scooped out around there. That's precisely what the guys do live actually anyways when they use it, roughly 9db for Corey (blackouts) and 6db for Matt (EMG's)

Hey deadlight, no problem! I can for sure do that! Thanks for the input too. I think a lot of people didn't like the pick attack and clickyness of the bare knuckle aftermath that I had in My les Paul, definitely part of it. Also It is extremely low mid (240hz or so) heavy and for live use or as a stand alone tone, needs to be scooped out around there. That's precisely what the guys do live actually anyways when they use it, roughly 9db for Corey (blackouts) and 6db for Matt (EMG's)

Yes i think that was the main problem. I got some profiles that i love, but often i got guitars or guitar DI tracks that do not work with those profiles and some others that i normally not prefer work with them better.
    So you can´t have enough good profiles..even from the same amp :D

@VESmedic1

would be still very nice to hear some rough/untouched samples! I did hear the Colin Richardson ones in the Sneap forum and i was not that much impressed (but i dig it on the trivium record haha)
    If you would post other "Pro profiles" just to have a listen to what you can get with the Kemper, it would be really great!

cheerz!

I did a lot of JVM410H profiles ! Not only heavy ones, also traditional tones! All channels, all modes, different gain stages, single mic, dual mic, on axis, off axis... Marshall V30 cab + Laney G12M70 cab (both extreme different!). Some with an insane amount of gain for the heavy freaks (no boost used!) tryed to cover the whole soundrange of this amp!! 45 profiles !!FOR FREE!!

Let me know what you think, i know some are not perfect also the Laney one is a love it or hate it thing..but a lot ones i think turned out fucking great!

Cheerz
    Lars

Oh this Mix was done with 3 of those profiles:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and here are some unprocessed raw examples (sorry only highgain so far) :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdz98r5lf7q4edo/JVM%20Test.mp3

Thanks guys! Was my first try, but like blind. Could not compare real to profile. For that i think they turned out very well.
    Its a combination of a SM57 in Edge position + a cheap T.bone Condenser Center position (SC300 4-5db lower in the mix just for a fuller sound).
    Both mics thru a cheap ART TPSII Tube preamp to a Saffire Pro 40 to Cubase.

About the bottom end, low mids..sure in the mix i eq these. The T.bone mic is a bit muddy there.

How does they sound thru a Kemper with Poweramp? Did not have the chance to try so far, using the Kemper only in Studio at this time :)

first the Lasse Profiles sounded strange to me....too much gain...and too much "nöck"...i thought because of TS. But when i fix reamp and distortion sense they are the best sounding profiles so far
    the Mean bastard sounds for me 100% exodus when the senses are fixed
    ok i tell you what i do
    from now on, i always record with Pad activated....than you have less gain less input at the kemper...but than you can push
    i have two guitars here
    one Gibson with JH Set...they have more output than my LTD EC407 with normal EMG
    i have now JH set...Pad activated....Distortion sense zero...reamp sense +8
    yesterday i reamed a guitar i did not record
    this was without pad...but not to high output
    i did reamp sense -4db and distortion sense zero
    so totally different
    always check this. I use now always the Lasse ones to calibrate
    when they sound good...with much gain....and EQ to zero. Than everything is perfect
    before that i had to delete soooo many guitars ^^....often you hear these problems in the mix...not before
    also a rule i think...better less reamp/distortion sense...but more gain
    would be good if the kemper team puts in something that you can see...not only the green LED