Posts by oldrake

Hey guys. I just need a little help setting up the SPDIF output on the Kemper.

I'm basically wanting to track a D.I. signal of the guitar aswell as the "dirty" sound of the kemper. I heard you do this via SPDIF, but whatever I do I can't get the signal to come through.

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Pro Tools 10 and the Scarlett Mix Control. Any tips or links to other threads (I couldn't find one this specific) would be a great help

Hello!

I was wondering if I could get some profile recommendations for tracking lead guitars. I'm after something which is quite warm (ala Brian May) but squeeling with high gain (ala Dimebag; typical, i know)

I'm getting close to tracking final stems to go for mixing & mastering for an album to be released and don't feel like I have the best tones for lead.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    OL

Just curious as to whether I can profile the Furman PQ3 I have.

If you bypass the EQ it has a great pre-amp gain which would be great to capture somehow.

I've had the kemper for a while but I'm completely new to profiling and never tried it before

Since your audio interface has SPDIF connectors you don´t need the Radial anymore. Using the SPDIF connections gives you the best possible sound quality. There are several step by step guides on the forum that should get you the reamping running.

Thanks! I'm using high gain pickups so the Radial was quite helpful with the pad; does the Kemper provide something similar? I'm new to delving deep into the Kemper; I've just been using it for great sounds in current setup.

I just read the below on the Kemper site and, considering I've been using a Radial J48 to record the direct signal, can someone advise how to go about recording the DI through the kemper?

Reamping – everything built in to run High and Dry
    The method of Reamping is very popular in studios and means recording the unprocessed instrument signal while recording the processed amp signal at the same time on separate tracks. This allows for feeding the unprocessed guitar signal at a later time to an amp again to experiments with various settings that might cater for a better mix without the need to play the guitar a second time. Usually some special equipment is required to convert the high impedance guitar signal into an appropriate signal at studio level for recording. The opposite "reamping" path from the recording to the tube amp needs appropriate processing as well. In case of the Profiler this is much more straightforward and easy as the connections and impedances of the Profiler already deliver all the required connectivity for reamping right out of the box. Both recording the pure instrument signal and reamping can be performed either via the analog outputs and inputs or the SPDIF connections.

My current setup is:

Guitar > Radial J48
    Radial DI out > Avid Mbox
    DI Thru > KPA > KPA out > Avid Mbox

Hi all. I wasn't sure where to post this request; apologies if it's the incorrect place.

I'm after a Metal/Thrash Metal bass tone to record with. A friend of mine says he got an Ampeg 450, but I simply can't find it. Only Ampeg I can find is J20.

Any help/links??

OL

Hi all, my name's OL and I'm an owner of the awesome Kemper amp.

Currently writing and recording using nothing but the Kemper, as recommended to me by Russ Russell and Paolo from Trivium.

Can't believe the magic that comes out of the amp! Looking forward to releasing some solo stuff.

Ol Drake