Posts by twulf

Das der Kemper keinen Ton mehr von sich gibt ist bei mir vor 3 Wochen während der Probe passiert!

Auch bei mir hat ein Kaltstart geholfen und seit dem läuft wer, aber ein blödes Gefühl hinterlässt das schon...

I´ve tested the ToneX Pedal a few hours at a 2X12" with Greenback/V30 powered by an older Crown poweramp.

As assumed the sound was really great and also the virtuall speaker simulations are very useable to shape the sound!

Of course the most of the standard presets are not really that good but there are a bunch of user presets in the net that are working great!

I used a Comford as well as a Friedman and a Fender Twin profile for my tests.

The Pedal works really nice standalone but can also be driven with pedals in front of it.

What makes me send it back though are:

No editing possible with the help of the software
    Reverb and compressor are not individually switchable but must be switched on or off via preset change.
    No effect loop which makes the use of delay/chorus etc. almost impossible without external reverb.
    No XLR output but only line level - so you should use a DI box if possible.
    Due to the lack of reverb-compressor switches, three channels per memory bank are too few.

Overall, the ToneX pedal leaves me with an ambivalent impression. Great sounds but as a concept not thought through to the end.

Postmen has ringed the bell today at noon and brought me the ToneX Pedal :)

My first impressions are very positive from the sound perspective. Very dynamic and great sounds (over the headphone)!

I also have tried the software and a big weakness is the fact that you cannot dial in the parameter of the pedal at the PC!

Unfortunately I have only a Boss Katana 100 combo here at home and plugged in into that thing it sound a little bit boxy (I assume is the speaker of the Katana). Tomorrow I will bring the Pedal to my rehersal room and give it a try direct into the PA as well as at a 2X12" trough an power amp.

Hi, Pau1968.

Imprints work only with Kemper Kabinets or Kemper Kones when used with a Profiler.

Thats not the whole trues, it works with every speaker you have connected to your monitor out! I´ve tested it yesterday with my active floor monitor and it sounds very nice with some of the imprints.

Hi Kemper Rack user,

I had enough of fumbling with my fingers inside the rack case to plug in or unplug the connectors.
    Also, I was somewhat worried about the durability of USB and RJ45 ports...

So I used the very warm weather here in Germany and disappeared into the cool basement...

Material:

2x Neutrik NC3 MD-LX-B
    2x Neutrik NJ3 FP-6-C-BAG
    1x Neutrik NE8 FDP
    2x Amphenol ACPM-GN Mono
    1X USB connector
    IEC Socket with switch
    Also 2 XLR female plug I had
    A fiew piece of cable

Cost was roundabout €45.- and a few hours fun

Maybe I haven´t understand it but what is the advantage if I put my monitor signal trough the Kemper?
    I´m using an X32 and got my stereo mix directly to my IEM. I can do the mix by myself with a smartphone (a phone clamp at the mic-stative)

[/quote]
    It is, but I think that he was asking for one of the cheaper pedals. ;)[/quote]

Exactly - a cheap version of the Mission Engineering Pedal - for not more than €60.-

Thanks for that statement! but why there wasn´t any information in feb.after the NAMM-show?
    From my perspective, a short "We´re sorry but we will have a delay of minimum xx weeks" were enough.
    Don´t missunderstand me - I appretiate your professional work and also the attitude, not to use the community as beta-testers like many other companys do!

Have a nice weekend!
    Ralf

I´m working in the software business and one of the most critism piont of cusntomer is the lack on information to bugfixes and/or the information of new releases with additional features.
    A complex software everytime has bugs and it is really responsibly by Kemper not to share a beta release with the community when there a re a risk.
    But as a customer at Kemper, I´m also struggeling with with the lack of information. Is there a need to held the customer disinformed about the progress on V4.0?
    It wouldn´t decrease the reputation if such information where provided...

Next Time I should search before I open an new Thread..
    But Is there a suggestion for an Pedal in the lower price segment?
    I don´t want to spent 100 Euro...

I had an Line6 HD500 and I was able to switch between Volume and Wah with a Kick on the Toeswitch.
    Is there an EXP-Pedal to use with the remote that covers this functionality?

Thanks
    Ralf

Happy New... :)

what means hardly noticeable?
    Do you have problems to hear yourself? Or is ist a problem your bandmembers have?
    In rehearsal or live situations?

In the first case I would suggest to find a more useful position for your speaker?!
    A 4X12" can move more air but at least I think the profile you are using is maybe the problem?!
    Standalone it sound great but in context with a band it´s less assertive.

Regards
    Ralf