Posts by carsnguitars58

Yeah, but the constraint is a deep rack is needed to house the Peavey 50/50 (60?)
    Those Peavey's were robust and great sounding, but heavy P/A's as I recall.

I like @MattCline's choice to raise the Bogner height atop his rack case.
    (Right where it'll sound best) ;)

Rock on.

Be it either the base Morgan profile itself or the particular "tweaks" which the original submitter happened to include.

I still go back to this from time to time and it still brings both a smile to my face and the zest to play.

Hi, there's a new love in town!!!
    Just connected my new Petrucci JP 6 BFR to my kpa. I can't discribe how the piezzo sounds, it blows me away. Just loaded a Fender rig and it works. The RCF System in combination with this guitar is a dream. More than happy with this stuff
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MuoXDP9.jpg?1]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RoIqkxS.jpg?1]

Between this and your existing collection, you're quickly becoming one of my gear heroes.

Tasteful collection.

I made a patch panel for my KPA Rack. In the 4U rack I've got a 3 receptacle surge protector tucked in the rear along with my Line 6 Relay G50 wireless. I added some panel mount BNC connectors and moved my Wireless receiver's antennas out to the patch panel... I moved most of the rear connections to the patch panel. I even have a passive DI in there with the Monitor Out connected so that I can go with either Hi-Z 1/4" out or XLR Balanced out. :) L-R on the panel is
    PowerCon in/out panel, G50 Antenna, Main L / R, LowZ Monitor, HiZ Monitor, Profiling Mic In, S/PDIF Out, S/PDIF In, USB, Remote EtherCon, EXP1/EXP2, Wireless Power, G50 Antenna. I built the panel with the anticipation of having a Remote... but am in the infinite waitlist for one at the moment. The idea was to not have to remove the back of the rack case. but I have to do that to reach the MIDI in/out for my Uno4Kemper equipped FCB1010.

[Blocked Image: http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/renegade900/Stuff/600C3C38-0CD8-42F0-A6D9-CC7C5C045C4E_zpsblxdr4kj.jpg]

Here's another case of "forumite" ingenuity prevailing.
    Well thought out and well done! :thumbup:

carsnguitars58 and others,

we are waiting for a shipment to be received by our warehouse in the US. order for US customers which were intended to be dispatched this week will be about a week late.
    gs

Thanks for the clarification/update GS
    An understandable delay. ;)

Kind of in the same boat> (Both order are listed as early-bird)
    Sort orders by date:
    Date Order number: Shipping type Order status Special offers
    26 Feb 2015 16:15: 003447382 Not stated Your order has not been processed yet.
    04 Feb 2015 21:38: 003447225 Not stated The order has been cancelled

Sent the following to customer service on April 8th, no response.

I'm hoping my current order #3447382 order and delivery date can be checked against my account.I (like many) was instructed to place a reorder cancelling the original order (3447225).

I had already received a schedule confirmation message on February 20 notifying me the delivery schedule Calender Week 18: From April 27th on-wards.
    My understanding is that Kemper is honoring the early bird schedule deliveries in such cases.

Payment is (and always has been) in place awaiting your processing, all I require is confirmation of which arrival date (window) to expect delivery.

Thanks for your attention.

well here is my story. my remote was supposed to be delivered last Friday, but was signature required , and I was on the road trucking, so when I was off work , I raced to ups 3 towns away 20 miles + 1 way, I got there 5 minutes before they closed, the box was in almost perfect shape , here is the kicker -Thursday nite while working on one of my hotrods, a transmission smashed the hell out of my left thumb (fret hand)almost instantly the nail turned purple, & the knuckle wont hardly bend,it is still throbbing, I am almost ashamed to say that I did not even open the box till today (tues), & I didn't receive a cable or manual, after all of the waiting & suspence of getting the remote , now I have to wait for my f n thumb to heal, & try to get a cable, anyway I ordered 1-16-15- #3447076 earlybird, 4-21-15 kemper reply status changed to process- 4-22-15 kemper sent tracking # 4-24-15 received tues 4-28-15 opened the package....hope everyone else has better luck than me........PS forgot to mention I'm in Illinois USA.......

Truly sorry to hear about your misfortunes.
    Between smashing your thumb and your long awaited package arriving short, I don't know what to say.

I was slated for delivery this week, but still haven't heard anything. :/

Trying to keep a positive outlook, but I admit, it's getting harder and harder.

No mention of this earlier or perhaps I missed it.

Are the users who are having issues - running standard/generic profiles or have any other (favorites) been introduced?
    I always wondered if a profile could become corrupt somehow and once loaded, effect/inhibit performance.
    If and when a profile does become "tainted", how would the Kemper system handle it?

Gotta remember, we're no longer in the realm of standard tube and AC electronic circuitry anymore.

Simply going on the "law of averages" it makes little to no sense that 2-3 brand new tested Remotes would be defective. Nor do I believe at this point that the Kemper units themselves are defective.

But a link or inter-action failure somehow between the Remote and the owner's Kemper unit does seem plausible.

I'm only guessing here without the benefit of any first hand experience, but I'd be first looking to ensure the latest firmware version being properly installed as recommended before anything else.
    i.e. Troubleshooting should begin with software and then progress to hardware as needed.

@Ewolf5150 In as much as I empathize with your situation, I really don't understand the mixed message.
    We all know Kemper, has encountered a limited number of remotes not functioning as they should.
    (I haven't even received mine, and share the possible concern of whether the one I get may act up) :/

Still...In my book Kemper has and is doing everything with in their power to preserve customer satisfaction all the while, in the midst of keeping pace of the early bird "frenzy" and all the customer anxiety & chaos associated with it.

Personally, I know of no other company willing to issue direct replacements for both Remotes or now Profiler's with the urgency they're providing in order to support satisfaction.

G String (our Kemper ambassador ;) ) has already shared they're operating with a small team while servicing a global arena and he IMO is doing his level best to update us when and where he can. But he's still one guy and most likely pretty busy to be sure.

Again, we realize your frustration, but as for me, I'm not so concerned in knowing the technical answers of root cause unless there's something I can actually do about it.
    I take more solace in knowing that Kemper is showing by example they know customer support in case of a problem.

Good read...
    Thx @Gary_W for the lucid and meaningful steps offered above in order to combat this age old issue.

IMO - too many resort to swapping out otherwise great sounding pickups instead of addressing the root cause.
    One of my guitars has a mild case of 60 cycle hum but so far have refused to change them out since I admire the tone they deliver so much.
    I for one look forward to trying some of the recommendations to temper the issue a bit.

My vote would be firmware too based on the issues described. (But I've been wrong here before) :/
    OTOH - It might may be a defective display or a perhaps power issue going to the display.

Truth is, we could all be guessing here forever...and it would only be just that! (guessing)

I think it best we allow Kemper Eng to weigh in with both their product expertise and knowledge.
    I'd like to believe they'll convey something to us as I'm sure it's a colossal high priority to get this resolved and restore product confidence.

Sadly, I'm really kind of torn now...
    In as much as I'm anxious for receipt, I would much prefer to have greater confidence in receiving a trouble-free product.

So, as frustratingly as all this may be, Kemper is being wise slowing delivery until the root cause is identified, resolved and then stabilized.
    Got to believe the resulting solution will too be a relief for those currently having no reported issues.

The end results being:
    1) Improved product confidence for all of us,
    2) Improved/salvaged reputation for Kemper,

For me, I'm still keeping the faith,
    I also remain committed but maybe ought to start thinking about being committed. LOL