Posts by Silence2-38554

Another perk of the Kemper I just remembered and absolutely love is the simplicity of the "Headphone Space" control. Fractal's version of this control- "Um, yeah, so set up two different cabs, pan them hard left and right, then adjust the proximity effect of one 'till it sounds right" ......yeah ok

A bit of background- I bought a Kemper Power Head right when they came out a few years ago. Last year, I realized that I'd used the built in power amp exactly one time since owning it & wanted to try something new / sell it to someone that would make better use of it. So, I sold it and bought an AX8.

All I can say is, it's amazing how much less you play guitar when your rig is daunting to configure. I found myself avoiding the whole situation just because I didn't want to have to hunt around in AX8 Edit to find a tone I was satisfied with.

A short pro / con list:

Kemper Pros:

.kipr files are only a few KB each, so I suspect the current Kemper hardware to stick around a good while longer since it doesn't have to model / calculate every component of a tube amp.

To this same point, I never have to worry about running out of CPU, which the AX8 did very quickly.

No lag when switching between presets / scenes / effects.

We just got an editor (yay!)

We just got great new reverbs!

Playing feel and right hand nuance is much better.

AX8 Cons:

Ergonomically terrible. I hope Kemper never releases a floor unit for this exact reason.

Playing "feel" is stiffer / not as nuanced as the Kemper. I feel like this is related to how easy it is to access the Kemper's "Clean Sense" input level adjustment. Finding the sort-of equivalent to this on the AX8 isn't nearly as easy and it doesn't have as much of an impact on your playing feel.

Scene / channel switching is very slow for a dedicated foot controller.

AX8 edit looks like it was written for Windows 98.

Footswitch assignments were more confusing to configure than they should have been.

Knowing that it will most likely be replaced by a successor very soon, probably this year.

No headphone jack meant every time I wanted to practice, I had to fire up the AX8 as well as my audio interface.

All of this is annoying, BUT the biggest issue with Fractal gear is this: If you buy a commercial preset of some sort, then run a firmware update, it completely negates buying that preset because the sound can change drastically. The Kemper's sound, however, remains exactly the same, update to update. Once I realized this it pretty much killed the AX8 for me.

And with all of this, I feel like my timing for switching back could not have been better. I just got back from NAMM, where they got to show off the new editor, new reverbs, new cabs & Kemper Cone. What a time to be a guitarist and especially a Kemper owner! ^^^^^^^^^^

Selling my very lightly used Kemper Power Head. Always used in a home studio, non-smoking environment. The power amp in this thing is shockingly powerful, though I only had the opportunity to hook it up to a cab & try it a couple times. Other than that, the power amp has been shut off. Includes an Amp Factory pack along with several great profiles from the exchange. I will also include some great vintage Fender amps that are family-owned that I took the time to profile.

Includes:

Kemper Power Head w/ original manuals
    Mission EP1-KP expression pedal & cable
    Official Kemper carrying case / bag

Asking $2,300 for everything

[Blocked Image: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4710/40016171161_04094d1809_k.jpg]IMG_1184 by Kris Yates, on Flickr

[Blocked Image: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4665/40016170421_a3a471617c_k.jpg]IMG_1185 by Kris Yates, on Flickr

[Blocked Image: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4704/40016167711_76ff614a3a_k.jpg]IMG_1188 by Kris Yates, on Flickr

[Blocked Image: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4756/28237410409_e1538806bd_k.jpg]IMG_1189 by Kris Yates, on Flickr

[Blocked Image: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4621/40016164181_e775b313e0_k.jpg]IMG_1193 by Kris Yates, on Flickr

[Blocked Image: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4628/40016162871_6ce721cff8_k.jpg]IMG_1194 by Kris Yates, on Flickr

This is great! I just got one of these pedals (Sam Ash had them for $259) and was hoping to use it this way. How did you connect it to the KPA?

Is the Midi Expander Box required for the Softstep 2 to connect to the Kemper?
    Emilio

Hey guys, glad you enjoyed it! Yes, the Midi Expander Box is required for connection to the Kemper. What's cool though, is that for passive Kempers with the void in the back, you can just double-stick tape the MIDI Expander right inside & permanently run two short MIDI cables down to the ports on the Kemper.

Hey everyone! Just got the second video uploaded to my Axe Hacks YouTube channel. It focuses on the Keith McMillen SoftStep 2 foot controller & how it can be used with the Kemper. It also features a guest Mayones Regius with Juggernauts, so.....

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

If you're into the vid / channel, you can subscribe HERE ! Thanks for watching & please let me know what you think!

Hey every Mac owner like myself that's getting too impatient! I have the Codeweavers software CrossOver that enables you to install & run Windows software on a Mac. I've tried installing Rig Manager every way I can think of but can't get it to take. Has anyone else tried this by chance & got it running successfully?

Hey, so I've had my Kemper Rack for a couple weeks now, but decided a powered head would suit my needs better, so I did an exchange with Sweetwater. Well, I opened up my Powered head today & there's a few things that bug me about it, and one thing I think may be a legitimate issue. First gripe: The checkenhead knob feels like garbage compared to the rack. Especially as you move it between the Browser & Performance mode, it barely clicks at all, just sort of lumps over to the other position. On the rack it had very solid, confident clicks. Second: The Delay & Reverb buttons feel like garbage as well. They have to be pushed considerably harder than all the other buttons to register.

Third, I noticed a significant gap between the top green shell & the Kemper itself. Does everyone's look like this? :

[Blocked Image: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/silence2-38554/1DD71158-01CF-4492-9F0E-1DEE4C3FFA06_zpsz1cbsmuy.jpg]

And lastly, which may be a legitimate functionality concern, the noise floor of high gain amp models seems to rise significantly depending on the brightness of the LED collars?! Please see video:

http://youtu.be/q-MrJkWfFJY

I still want a power head, I'm just not sure that I want THIS power head X(

Just ordered my 4 switches! Once I get mine apart, I may change it up a bit from your placement. If there is enough clearance, I will place the "X" switch right between the 5 & Down switches. This way, my bottom stomp row will be A, B, C, D, tap, X, then the M/D/R switches will all go up top. Thanks so much for this idea and tutorial!

So I've been playing around with my 1010 w/ UNO for Kemper chip installed the past couple days & regardless of calibrating the way & volume pedals multiple times, it seems that the Wah pedal's range is restricted to only the bottom (heel) half of the pedal's stroke. Once it gets 50% through, there is no more change all the way 'till the toe end touches the board. Anyone have any ideas?

I've mounted mine on a shelf in a shallow 6U effects-rack along with my 1U wireless receiver. Then I cut a frame from a sheet of aluminium and painted it black to cover the openings around the unit. The frame is mounted with 2 rack screws on each side. I may have opted for a ready-made solution if there was one available at the time.

Could you PLEASE post a picture of this? I've been thinking of fabricating something very similar!

I just got my chip installed & almost everything is working great. The only thing that I can't seem to get working is switching through banks in browser mode. Mostly, this quote from the UNO for Kemper manual:

"- In browser mode, all available rigs (up to 125) are organized in 26 banks of 5 rigs. You can use the Up and Down switches to browse through the banks, and click the switches 1 - 5 to select a rig within the current bank."

From what I can tell, my 1-5 switches, nor the up/down switches do anything in Browser mode. Am I missing a step? Everything works perfectly in performance mode and my stomps work fine in browser mode, just not this. Any suggestions?