Posts by karmakarmakarma

Own both and really like both. My tone is largely based around an old Marshall JMP-1. Was easier to get those tones in and out of the Kemper, and it was also a breeze in the AxeFX by shooting an IR of my cab (which is like profiling the cab only) and pairing it with the JMP-1 model in the Axe (which is dead on accurate to the real thing).

So, for basic tone each are brilliant. Feel wise, the Axe worked better for me as it had a little more immediacy in my particular case.

If you are choosing between the two, the only thing I'd really suggest is to think through how important effects are to you. If you want more than just good set of basic effects, then the Axe gets my vote. If you are good with a basic set of excellent quality effects, the the Kemper is much easier to work with IMHO.

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone here is using midi to change delay time. I need to be able to flip from a 370ms delay to a 440ms delay and back during certain songs without changing rigs/presets. I see that I can do this with SysEx, but wondered if perhaps I am missing a more obvious way. Would be great to have a common parm like delay time exposed to a CC number.

Thanks
    Hi all,

I bought a KPA PowerRack recently, and it died quickly of hardware failure as discussed here;
    "Updating AnalogBoard Firmware" problem (update: Dead PowerRack)

I'm now trying to decide if I the KPA PowerRack is stable enough (hardware and software) to be a main gigging rig. Things that are weighing on me include;

• I loved the way the KPA profiled my old Marshall JMP-1 based rig. I was stunned at how accurate it was.
    • I've read what I think are a significant number of threads on this board discussing hardware and software issues that lock up the machine, but many of these threads are old so it's hard to tell what the current situation is regarding how frequently issues pop up with current hardware/software.
    • I've owned that other very popular high end modeler for years and it's a great sounding reliable option, but I am drawn to the simplicity of the KPA and the accuracy of profiling my dearly loved JMP-1 tones.
    • I need to make a move. My old JMP-1 has been a workhorse, but it's getting noisy.

Any insights on current hardware/software stability for live use are appreciated.

Thanks,

Don't know, I wasn't offered that. Kemper Support said contact the seller for exchange or repair. Seller said to send it back and they would exchange in January or refund. I'm taking the refund.

On the positive side I really liked the unit for the short time it worked. Profiled my old mainstay rig (based on a Marshall JMP-1) and the Kemper nailed my three main tones 100%. Amazing really. Old JMP-1 has worked flawlessly for 20 years, but is getting noisy so profiling it felt like a miracle.

Have found another PowerRack available from another seller... just have to decide if I trust the hardware as a main gigging rig.

Kama

I saw a few other posts on this, but no clear solution. I have a brand new PowerRack and I am stuck in an infinite loop where the KPA says "Updating AnalogBoard Firmware", then it boots and does it again over and over. I've literally only owned it for a little over a day, and would be happy to totally reset the box including losing the handful of presets I created. Any insight is appreciated.

Hi. This is probably pretty obvious but I need to check. I want to use a Power Rack to drive an FRFR speaker on stage and also send a line level signal to the FOH. If so, can I adjust my stage volume easily without changing the line level signal going to the FOH?

Thanks in advance