Posts by Bevosss

I use the (original) Decimator pedal straight after my always on pedals, pre-boost & pre-Kemper

It's completely silent if set right, I can play quiet without any gate-breathing, and no noise when I'm not

It is better IMO, I love it

I use the Kemper gate to take out any amp noise from gainy profiles, set to just enough

Works for me (had 2 of them for 20+ years now)

Back in my band days playing high gain amps, I had it in the fx loop of my Diezel, post -preamp & pre-fx

I prefer having 2 though, 1 in front and one in the loop (or the Kemper)

There isn't a master volume knob in RM.

On the KPA you decide which volume to assign to the physical knob. In RM you just open the output menu and a just whoever output you want to change

I'm not talking about the Master Volume knob

I assigned that to the Monitor Out Volume in the Output tab, it is linked ok

I'm talking about the Volume Knob beneath the Master Volume on the Kemper

Allegedly it is the Rig Volume knob according to the manual

But as I said,

However the Rig Volume under the Rig tab in Rig Manager, is actually linked to the far right encoder when you press the Rig button on the Kemper

I would have assumed the physical Rig Volume knob operated either that parameter as well, or the Amp Volume under the Amp tab

But it appears to change nothing in Rig Manager, although it clearly controls the volume of the rig

Thanks for the reply

I have the Head version (unpowered)

The question is, where in Rig Manager is the corresponding knob to match the physical Volume knob? Is there one?

All the other physical encoder knobs have a corresponding knob in Rig Manager (Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, also Master Volume & Noise Gate)

But not the Volume knob, as far as I can find

It clearly changes the level though

But where in Rig Manager is that parameter data found?

Which knob in Rig Manager is the Volume knob on the front of my rack linked to?

I haven't found anything linked to it yet when I move it, although I can see the volume change on the Kemper LCD display

The manual states it is the Rig Volume

"The VOLUME knob on the right lower side of the front panel is the individual volume of the current Rig. For detailed description please refer to chapter Rig Volume"

However the Rig Volume under the Rig tab in Rig Manager, is actually linked to the far right encoder when you press the Rig button on the Kemper

The 'Volume' knob (directly under the Master Volume) doesn't move it

It's doing something but I can't see where that is in Rig Manager

Hi all, back using the Kemper after a long break and loving the new fx and using Rig Manager to run things

1)

I've read the manual and gone thru the menus,

and I haven't found how to rename a profile in Rig Manager, is it possible?

I'd like to edit the profile, store as new and then rename the new item appending the identifying info

2)

Also the manual states:

'a simple drag will create a copy of an item' 

&

'SHIFT-drag will move an item instead of creating a copy'

Both drag and shift-drag move the items here

Ctrl-drag copies the item to another location

Maybe the behaviour was changed recently?

[Kemper and Rig Manager are the current download, I'm on Win 10]

Cheers for any help!

I bought the LSR308s and finally took them out of the box to setup yesterday....man, they were monsters, looked absolutely ridiculous with my setup. Kinda like when you buy a big truck to make up for your small.....

Took them back and bought the 305s. Much better use of space for me. Haven't tried them yet though, that will be tonight's mission.

That's great news, I was in 2 minds whether I should have got the 308's instead. Once I set up the 305's though, I was pleasantly surprised how good music sounds through them, and at the bass response. I've got a huge full range monitor which fills out the sub end, but to be honest I don't use it most of the time, the bottom end is quite satisfying (try some Massive Attack or NIN on them :) ). Plus they are loud! I've set them for 84dB mixing and they are only at 1 o'çlock, they really pump. Just little monsters, I couldn't fit the 308's on my desk realistically anyway, so quite glad I saved the money. You should have no problem translating your profiles to your gig accurately now. :)

The CLRs also stand against many studio monitors, according to those who have used them that way. If real estate and logistics allow it, you might end up buying a pair for both uses, basically saving money for the quality.

Funny you should say that. :)

That's pretty much my plan, JBL LSR 305s for the desktop and CLRs for mains/live use.

Btw I audtitioned the 305s this morning and they obliterated everything in their price range and quite a few above it. All the likely contenders were present except Equator which aren't distributed here. The studio sales team were as excited about is as I was.

I ended up taking a pair home. The sweet spot is wide, it sounds like the veil is removed, and I'm hearing things on known cds I've never heard before. The bottom end is full and non-hyped, flat to 43Hz, dial in a little sub and it's perfect. Haven't tested the Kemper yet through it, ran out of time today, but it's next. Did I mention they are sexy looking too? :D

You'd have to spend a fair bit more than your budget to get better than the JBL LSRs. They compared favourably to Adam A7Xs on gearslutz, not as detailed sure, but a similar clear flat accurate response, and a wide sweet spot. They really punch above their weight. Only the Equator D series (more expensive) is a contender in your price bracket.

I wouldn't bother with real expensive studio monitors in your situation, I'd pick up an Atomic Active CLR wedge later on if you want the very best sound. That's the gold standard for the Kemper and you can use it for gigging/practice as well.

http://www.atomicamps.com/products.htm

OK, I do understand but : tagging paradigm ?

Beyond the common fields of the Kemper we already know, I miss custom tagging features.
    I only think of a way of custom tagging as putting my "custom tags list" in the Comment section of the rig...(that's why we need "Preferences settings" to set column selection once for all and always show the Rig Comment, for example)

Exactly, where are we supposed to tag? There are no fields free unless we overwite existing and possibly important comments. I want to add bass, clean, crunch etc without deleting the comments. We need some dedicated tag slots.

hi

Thanks Bevosss! Just called SamAsh and they are holding the LSR308's for me, and they pricematched Sweetwater. Pretty excited.

This may not matter to you, since you have said accuracy isn't important...it's been reported that the 305 is more accurate in the bottom end. The 308 goes down to 37Hz (dropped D!) though and may be more fun for you. Just so you know, in case you do get into mixing later, and 8's may be too big for your room regarding bass accuracy also.

Anyway, glad to have helped. :)

Hi, I noticed that dragging from Local Library to it's subfolders moves the profile rather than copying it, is that normal? I can copy and paste ok to get around it, but isn't this at odds with the manual? (Pg13 A simple drag will create a copy of an item, Shift drag will move etc)

Also just to note, if you prefix folders with numbers like 1_clean, 2_crunch etc, 10 and 11 display between 1 and 2, which isn't optimal. I changed to using double figures ie 00_bass, 00_clean and that works fine. Just thought I should report it. :)

If you're from Australia, the KPA's have to be shipped around the world, reckless transportation could be an issue.

Unlikely, since the KPA is packaged very well. Diezel's have more parts and are much heavier, and they get here just fine.

It's probably just a QC issue with certain parts, as per the led issue. Teething problems with a (still) fairly new product etc. I'm sure it'll get resolved in time, they're a good company.

Reliabilty, that view depends on your perspective and personal experience. From the OPs view, it's not good. :)