Posts by Dirtstyler

You mentioned that you set clean sens to 0. In my experience this makes all clean rigs way to loud. I need to run clean sens at least -5 to bring the clean rigs down to a manageable level.

Where did I ever mentioned that? I said even with gain at 0, playing with the clean sense doesn't fix the problem. No offense but I know what CS does and it's not the solution for the problem I have.

Thank you but as I mentioned previously, playing with the clean sense doesn't resolve my problem. When I said that I removed everything from the stomp section, that includes also everything from the rig menu. I've reset the global setting, performed a factory reset, used a backup from a friend, used the alternative input and I still have the same problem. I've been a Kemper user since 2013 and never had this problem before.

I'm planning to go to my friend's place this week to try one of my guitars on his unit.

I can't afford to buy another Kemper just because this issue can't be figured out. It has some fizzy high end artefacts over every profiles with the smallest amount of gain I tried, even if I lower the gain to 0, it still can be heard at the sting attack. I asked a friend for a backup of his head and the issue remains, even after I cleaned everything from the profiler, reset the global settings etc... Next step is to try my friend's Kemper with the same guitar (even if the issue occurs with every guitar I tried).

Thank you for your input.

Have you checked if you engaged paralellpath in the stomp slots?

If it's engage some of the signal goes straight to the output and it sounds wired ?

Yes, I cleared everything from the stomp section, running as direct as I can, even tried from the alternate input without success. Going to a friend's house with my guitar and the profiles I'm using here on a USB key to compare with mine. Will keep you posted. Thanks!

I play through cabs most of the time with my non-powered white toaster and an Orange Pedal Baby but used a EHX Magnum .44 before. I chose the Orange over the other ones just because I liked the feeling of it when played dried (just using pre-amp pedals) and the ability to shape the tone before the cab (Bass/Presence). Big thoroidal tranformer, AB class amplification and no fan. But if form factor was an issue, I'd pick the Quilter 45 over the EHX 44, it has more tonal control capabilities on the output.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my Kemper Kabinet since my local retailer is closed for obvious reasons...

Thanks, the graphite neck was the main reason why I bought it, since bass is not my main instrument (I mainly play guitar), I wanted something that stays in-tune and always ready for the job. No matter how long it's been sitting in the rack.

Plus, I love Fender style Jazz bass, for both the body and the headstock.

Couldn't find anything better for my taste.

I honestly think that the Kemper is awesome for intermediate as well as for session players. Since I'm playing mostly for fun and like to play covers from very different genres, having a large library of guitar tones available is a godsend. I live in an apartment building, so loudness is obviously an issue. I also have a THR10C but as you know, it has its limitation when it comes to play with pedals (no fx loop).

I'd say JUMP! You won't regret it.

P.S. Get that Nash Tele! ;)

Lots of Jazz III XL users around here, it's also my #1 pick choice (the red ones). I discovered Dava picks a couple of months ago and I really like the Red one with control grip, actually I think I'm hooked and I that should order spares...

Often, I'm using the return of a combo amp, which works well. Now I'm using my EHX .44 Magnum most of the time with an oversized 112 loaded with a V30 and it sounds impressive, that little box is surprisingly loud.

If you have the chance to try a Roland JC-120 with your Kemper, I'm pretty sure you'll like what comes out of it. Personally, I didn't want to spend 1000$ for another combo amp but the sound is there for sure. Trust your ears not other users, if it's sounds good, it's good.

I was also looking for a Strat that I wouldn't end up selling or trading. The Am Deluxe was the only one of all the production models that offered what I was looking for, my other option would have been Custom Shop which is twice the price of the Deluxe.

It always depends on the specs you're looking for. Personally, I was looking for a compound radius neck (non laquer), modern saddles, locking tuners and THAT Stat sound. I will usually got for the cheapest (with no compromise on quality) guitar that offers exactly what I'm looking for. I would never pay more for a fancy paint job, inlays or bindings.

Here's my latest guitar, a beautiful American Deluxe Strat in olympic pearl. It's the first strat that I fell in love with as I picked it up. That compound radius neck might be the main reason. Playing mostly Charvels and Jacksons, I feel at home and have a very versatile instrument that covers alot of territories music wise. Thanks to its S-1 switch, I can get a very convincing humbucker sound as I activate it in the first position. It's definitely a keeper!

Staggered locking tuners, medium jumbo frets, fast neck, noiseless PUs, what do you want more?

@Nikos IMHO, the KPA's remote is worth every penny just for the fact that it's fully integrated (no midi programming). I've tried other alternatives and nothing comes close to its simplicity. That's probably due to the fact that when I come home, I want to play, not tweak extensively just to map multiple FXs to one footswitch.

At first I was going to suggest that the waveform could be selectable in the tremolo effect

That is exactly the reason why I added a square wave setting on my custom made tremolo, works like a charm. Would be great to have "Waveform" setting in the Kemper for modulation effects.