Posts by dschaaf68

Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at the Camplifier and it certainly could be a consideration as I know it has the ability to output in Stereo....which could be a plus.

I am really hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has tried both (B&O and GM50) as to how the two compare from a tone/sound perspective when coupled with the Kemper.

Thanks,
    D

I am really just wondering if anyone has compared the "quality of tone" of the B&O power amp (within the PowerHead) against the Matrix GM50 with the unpowered head?

I already have the unpowered head with a Matrix GT1000FX so I know what the Matrix can sound like but I also would like to have the portability of a powered head and not have to lug the rack mount Matrix.

If I go with the GM50 it is a simple solution whereas I would need to sell my existing Unpowered Head and re-buy the PowerHead. Cost to trade up to the PowerHead is roughly $800 US, cost of the GM50 is roughly $350. I would gladly spend the extra if the B&O power amp is really that much better :)

Thanks,
    D

----Figured it out, thanks :) -----

Thanks. Apart from the saving the status of the effect on/off, should the lights on the HD500 footswitches ever change? Right now they function perfectly to turn an effect on and off but the light on the footswitch itself is always off.

Thanks,
    D

I have my HD500X connected to my Kemper as a foot controller and it toggles the FX in the Kemper on and off correctly. It does not light up on the HD500X to reflect the status of the FX.....should it do this or is data only going one way from HD500X to Kemper? I have both Midi in/out connected.

Thanks,
    Derek

I am not sure about the OP (and hopefully I didn't highjack the thread as that was not my intention) but I have looked at the 3rd party retro fits such as Camplifier 360 and they look great.

To be honest, for me, it is not so much that I need another power amp option, it is mainly the thought of having the quality and performance of a Bang & Olufsen based power amp built into the Kemper is very attractive.....and pretty darn cool :)

Thanks,
    D

lol...it's actually just for my home studio use as I don't play live at the moment :)

It's not so much that stereo is necessary, I have just grown used to it and the spacial sound it gives as I presently run my Kemper (and Axe FX II) either:

1. into Matrix GT1000FX and then into two 2x12's (stereo)
    2. into Mesa 2:90 and then into two 2x12's (stereo)
    3. into 2 active CLR cabs (stereo)

Thanks,
    D

Hi Boanerges,

I am in the same boat as you a love the tone of my non-powered head into my Matrix GT1000FX and two 2x12 cabs. I too would love to go the powered Kemper route (probably powered head) but am having trouble giving up the stereo option in the Matrix as the powered Kempers are only mono. I wonder if any of the powered Kempers will ever offer a stereo power amp option?

Thanks,
    D