Posts by sinmix

Even SinMix scoffs at the idea that people think he makes big money. He seems to pour it back into buying more amps, though, which would be a great self-sustaining hobby.

TBH sold more IR packs than Kemper profiles :D Also mixed and reamped a lot of bands for the past few years (extra money for cabs and amps) 98% profiled amps by Me were my own amps. Still have "Best for metal" Amps collection not for sale. Also i have regular job - so yes great but expensive hobby.

Stay Metal!

Hi,

SinMix Engl Blackmoore + Peavey 6505 on rhythm guitars. Leads Engl Savage and Buzzaro cab! \m/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

Tested profile in the mix - sounds ok for me = Yours Mesa Cab sounds ok. If you want to know more I have reamped same song with this profile and profile with my Custom Sinamp and also Mesa OS cab but single sm57. Why Sinamp? becouse its also fuucking tight and fast sounding like 5153, and profiles are not available for sale :D But for me it will be again Mesa OS vs Mesa OS comparison. But profile sounds ok. Cheers @mickrich.

Stay Metal!

Dont know how to set sound from YT samples :D I'm not good at copy :D:D:D

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

Haha, the lead tone may need some more gain :D

Yes, :thumbup: my old reamp/remix also needs more more gain :D

External Content www.youtube.com

Stay Metal!

Thx Man!

he's a nice guy with some strange humour once in a while (that can be misunderstood as well). ;)

^^ This, nothing more :thumbup: Cheers Guido. :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

It's important to sound good both in and outside of a mix, so I don't see why you can't have both. It's also why you and a number of commercial sellers include a pack of different tone varieties, no?
    Truth is, if I play a profile by itself and think something sounds like crap, I aint keeping it no matter what it might sound like if I double/triple/quadruple tracked it and EQ'd the shit out of it. I need to like how it sounds alone before finding the best fit in a mix, as I'm not interested in a mix "hiding" the profiles shortcomings.

Well, Yes but for Me its a big diff between "I think and I know" So Yes, You can think i have killer profile, but I know its not a true.

Stay Metal!

Many thx!
    That's always my goal to give an authentic impression of the profiles. So no backing track or anything, just the pure guitar/amp sound. :)

I mean if you go to a music store would you check out a new guitar amp with a backing track too? :D

Nope, without backing track after all if someone ask you man how it sound? You need to post something in a whole context (mix) if you are not a noob, then everyone can hear how the guitar fit in the mix etc... if you are noob you can post just guitar sample * yes can sounds good) but without comparison i can say only how they are played IMO. At the end guitar, amp can sounds good alone but in the mix or with band can sound shitty. :D

Stay Metal!

cab makes most difference. i mainly use peavey 6505,freidman be100,marshall jvm for my tones and i never gave a thought to the cabs because i have all 3 producer packs and thats a lot of profiles to get through but i realisedthe ones i like all used the mesa oversized 4x12 so i decided to just try profiles with the mesa oversized cab seeing as this is the one i prefer most.I listened to them all and was suprised by theCustom Audio Amplifiers 4x12 that sounded really good.

That's why i still kept my fav amps like 5150 6505 mesa dr savage slo100 etc... Becouse i can make free update every time when i got new cab :D and TBH 2 new 412 cab are coming :thumbup: BTW now I have also CAA but 2x12 and this small thing also sounds very good! Few amps already profiled with CAA 212.

Stay Metal!

I respect Sinmix quite a bit about his honesty and openness when it comes all things KPA.

Just downloaded the Bugera profile and yeah -- dem mids. Sounds real, real good.

OK, Checked Free 6262 perofile - all secret ready? :D Single Heil PR20 mic (love this mic) mic sounds very tight but also more midrangy and less fizzy compared to sm57, profile is unboosted becouse 6262 sounds very tight very very :D and the last thing cabinet: DL212FS-PS-PRO / V30 its my old David Laboga 2x12 cab loaded with V30 speaker but Chinesse :D compared this speaker to old mesa V30, well (tight fast scooped and bright as hell) so at the end tight sounding Amp - thats why unboosted, tight and scooped sounding cab - thats why Heil Pr20. All is connected :thumbup: But I'm here - all you need to do is a play great music! Fuck! :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

Yeah to be honest I STILL think the free profile is better sounding (for my taste!) than all the ones in the commercial pack...

Thx Man! and Hey easy I need to sold few my commercial packs :D becouse want to buy new cabs :thumbup: Anyway Have Fun! and yes who said more expensive = better and bigger = better sounding? :evil:

Stay Metal!