Posts by miguelbatalha

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All guitars are Kemper profiles!

I've used a profile called Bass Transformer for the bass (the bass was played with the Schecter you see on the video!)

Comments and critics are very welcome.

I'm not trying to offend anyone nor anything close to that. Simply put, I've had lots of people asking asking me what Kemper really does and I've decided to make a series of videos for that exact reason. Obviously, I've seeked your opinion. I don't care about what people don't or do know but as I've said before, people ask me what exactly the Kemper does besides sounding like a metal amplifier.

I'm also very satisfied with my Kemper or I wouldn't be recording my EP with it!

All in all, Im just looking for ideas for videos about Kemper. I think Im going to do one just showcasing all the FXs.

Hey everyone,

I've decided to keep on making YouTube videos about Kemper.

I've had so many people not even knowing Kemper had flangers or autowahs, thinking it's just an amp copy-machine.

Anyway, to contribute to the Kemper Family, I feel like it would be cool to have a series of videos, each one with a top 5 profiles for each genre. It'll take one week per video as I'll be making sure the quality of the videos is decent!

Please name your top profile(s) for each genre:

Blues

Jazz

Country

Metal (70's)

Metal (80's)

Metal (90's)

Grunge

Modern Metal (+2006)

Hard Rock (Gun's, Whitesnake, Led Zeppelin, ETC)

Indie Rock/Pop Rock

OTHER:
    FX - Please also name any cool profile with a cool effect. I'm sick and tired of hearing people saying they're going to choose an Axe-FX because Kemper has no effects.

Let me know if there's anything missing on this list or if you think I should change anything. I'll keep updating this thread.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I was just invited to a cover band and would like your help finding some good profiles. I really love the feel of a real amp with a good pedalboard because of how well it lets me utilize the volume knob but I'd like to try the Kemper live.

Some profiles sound good recorded but then sound horrible at gig volumes and you have to fiddle with the EQ knobs depending on the venue size, structure, ETC.

Anyway, the band wants to cover 80's and 90's rock bands.

What I'll need:

A clean w/ modulation 80's style profile - I think I've found a good profile for this already "AFM-5150EVH 4 C1"

A Velvet Revolver/Guns n' Roses/Slash profile, extra points if it can go from distorted to overdriven with the volume knob.

A Metallica/Alice in Chains more agressive profile

I know I could just go trial and error mode but I figured a lot of you would know about some good gigging profiles already so I can sound awesome from the first rehearsal.

Hi,

Which option is the best? I just want to plug my guitar into the Kemper and play in any cab, amp, PA, monitor I have available. (I might be moving abroad to study music so I have no idea what I'm going to find. + the only gear that I will bring with me is a guitar and a Kemper Non-powered rack)

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Hey!

Next month, I'm going to buy a Matrix NL12 and by the end of the summer I'll buy another one so I can bring both cabs to live gigs (That way, I can bring just one cab for rehearsals and jams and the two for gigs).

Here are my 2 questions:

Should I buy 8 or 16 Ohms cabs?

Since my Kemper rack is non-powered, what solution do you recommend me? Something light, please!

Thanks

Hey Kemperists!

I've just uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel. My camera is being repared so I had to borrow a camera with an unusual lens.

Anyway, most of all, I'd like to know your opinion on the demo and the pickups.

I've used a profiled JCM800 and a Vox AC30. I've also used a Protone Pedals Merrow Overdrive on the Vox AC30 Rhythm tone and a Ogre Tubeholic on the lead guitar.
    If you have any question on the pickups, let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4oWdPDgRBQ

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey,
    I've had this good pedal for a week so I decided to make a video with it.
    I recorded 2 tiny demos and this is the first one.

I've used it with a Vox AC30 clean profile, making the pedal work hard.
    For the lead guitar, I've put the drive at 9 o'clock, tone at 12 o'clock and set the switch to "High Peak"
    which gives more distortion, volume, and upper-mid clarity. Again, I did this to see how hard I could make the pedal work.

I'll upload the second demo by the end of the week, again, using a rock n' roll theme but using the switch at "Low Peak" and other small differences.

Gear used in this video:
    Fulltone OCD
    Timber Tones Blonde Horn Pick
    Spectraflex cables
    Kemper Profiling Amp
    Eric Johnson AS Fender Stratocaster

What other pedals have you used with Kemper? :)

I'm VERY happy with my Kemper, but for some reason I cannot for the life of me find a solo tone that I'm happy with. All I've tried sound too thin and plonky. I even tried a couple of Slash profiles. Personally I actually had better luck with Guitar Rig 5 when it comes to solo sounds for some reason. Maybe it's because the Kemper sounds are unprocessesed sort of?

What profiles are you using that you don't like? What kind of sound are you chasing? I assume you're looking for a Slash tone? If so, grab a good Marshall profile and just tweak it with the EQ knobs. Then, put some delay.