Posts by Mago

Yeah would be nice to have that! +1

As I work around I think what works (just to check if it is a DI profile or not) is to copy the cab of a studio profile into the cab of the profile in question.

If the amp is a DI profile (even if the cab is merged), then the "merge cabinet" button will appear. If it is a studio profile then it won't appear.

I looked back a good couple of pages but didn't find anything about this.

It would be really nice to have a "mix" parameter for the stomps, working the same as for the EQs, Comp and so on...I know it might not be along the lines of true to the hardware/easy use,
    but you could do some pretty nice and "larger than hardware" tweaking, which I would welcome!

And I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement, since other stomps already have it?

New demos for the Uvershall pack...showcasing more of the crunchy and lo gain side

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ah damn, I always ment to report that but forgot to open a thrad...I had that happening to with merged profiles. Namely locking the cab and then loading DI/Merged profiles in the Rig Manager. It seems to only change the gain and not a lot else. Great if that would get fixed.

The way I worked around it, was to instead of locking the cab, I just loaded different amp sections (hold amp to get into the amp options, then use the browse knob to load amp parts from different profiles).

I always have to copy the profiles I wanna try to the kemper to do that though, which is also a bit inconvenient cause they only get visible in the "amp load" window after a restart. Not that much of a deal in the end though. Guess that's why I never reported it.

I've never particularly enjoyed long a** thread titles, but it's not something that bugs me to the point where I can't visit the forum.
    On a desktop most of the time though, and not on a pad or smartphone, I can see why it would be a bit of a pita on those.

I dunno, I've never bought into the "the louder you scream the better your product" mentality, on all kind of levels.
    Quality always stands out one way or another, and there are certainly a lot of ways to promote your product.
    Some are more aggressive than others, but every vendor appeals to a different crowd. So as long as it's not borderline spamming I don't have that much of a problem with it, from a consumer perspective mostly.

I'd be careful with the elitism talk though.
    I bet everyone started with not a lot more than one amp and mic at some point, so that shouldn't be an indicator at how good of a quality profiles are gonna be.
    And thankfully everyone can decide for himself if he wants to buy something or not.
    So I wouldn't be too upset with more variety at the end of the day. Sure it gets a bit tougher to look through new stuff, but chances are you're gonna find more stuff you like as well. Or not and you keep on looking.

Guitartone is a journey after all, as most of us know. So it never really ends anyway ;)

just my 2 cents.

Hannes (Infecting The Swarm) did some killer riffs for me to showcase the Über in a Death Metal setting!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

@meambobbo Really nice clips! Super envious about the Savage Drive, really wanna get that thing too at some point!
    Also thanks for the nice words and shout outs!

@Ezerath Fits very cool, and there goes what I had in mind for that reamp myself haha

@Geraldo7 Nice jams man! Yeah the Über is also cool for cleans, doesn't get that much credit for it.
    Well...you could also say supersonic for Überschall in english, but you're right of course haha

Thanks again guys, hope you'll have lots of fun with this beast!

Love reading your comments on the Uber, puts a huge grin on my face I must admit :D

Really happy that these profiles jive that well with you guys. Glad I could do this great amp justice! Wish I'd use it live more, but it's a bit impractical at the moment.

I'm working on more clips and new pack at the moment, so keep your eyes open!

The new Uber pack is out now!

here's the first quick clip using the Rose of Sharyn DI's by Jeff (more to follow)

Link
    http://originaudio.bigcartel.c…ck-3-0-di-merged-profiles

There's a very narrow spot (on the dark terror at least), where it nicely bright with the tight amount of fizz. Past that it gets weirdly scooped with really piercing highs. I think on the DT it's around right before 3 o'clock.

My bandmate has had problems with the Dark Terror (not the Profiles or anything, he doesn't have a Kemper, not sure if I articulated my ramblings clear enough in that regard haha), but only because (as you said) because of headroom issues. (This is in an hardcore content mind, so pretty hi gainy terr(or)itory *oh how puny*).
    It got really middy and untight in a bad way, when the powertubes where giving 99%.

On stages where monitoring or volume wasn't an issue, it was always great sounding, both on and off stage. On loud rehearsal days it was an issue sometimes, especially for me cause his cab hits right in my face (thanks earplugs tho).

But we both were glad that he got a new amp before the tour. We had 2 really old school hardcore clubshows (no mics apart from voices and kick), no chance that the DT would have been powerful enough to be heard. The Jetcity HDM100 didn't have those problems tho. Also a very nice amp!
    Gonna take a closer look at that one sometime too ;)

Glad you find the DT pack useful!

Thanks man, glad you like it!

My personal favorites are the slightly darker ones, the "C" range, but "D" comes right after that. Those where the ones where shape was the most to the right, before it started to get weirdly scooped and overly fizzy.
    You're right about the Kemper making it easier to get a good use out of the amp. My bandmate regularly had the issue of unwanted change in sound, due to having to crank the thing. Headroomissues and 15W haha

I wanted to do the TS ones according to the A-D range, but A sounded really really honky with a TS, I didn't like it at all. So I just set it to what I thought worked with the TS02 is the one with the shape settings from D though! TS01 is betten B and C. TS03 was more of a fun try to get the defintion as high as I could, with lots of tone and level from the TS. Turned out pretty interesting lol

New pack out now!

Ore-Range Darth Error (based on an Orange Dark Terror in 15w mode)
    get them here
    http://originaudio.bigcartel.c…ck-3-0-di-merged-profiles

This pack turned out more fun than I expected. Got a lot of tones out of the little box. Lots of fun to play!
    29 Profiles. a couple of clean, a couple boosted.
    4 Shape settings with 4 Gain stages

Heres some clips

Gain and Shape Settings

Thanks guys, tour was great!

Great to hear you got some good use out of the archon pack, ragingben!
    Yeah the Kemper out is pretty hot, I think I have it set to -24db for a live scenario to the desk.

The shop is up again, and I took the chance to remove the trademark issues and logos etc. Hope it's clear enough.

Next up are 2 packs that I have to finish putting together (everything profiled already, a matter of organisation and choosing the profiles), and one metal monster I bought a couple of weeks back is still waiting to be profiled.

Did a couple of clips of the PV pack 2 while I was at it