Posts by Mago

Hey guys, I'll be away until the end of the month so I'm temporarily closing the shop until then. I have orders sent out automatically, but I
    don't know when/how I'll have internet access, and I don't wanna have to offer a sub-par customer service so it stays closed until I come back.

If anyone is near any of these dates, drop by and say hi!
    [Blocked Image: https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12003305_966959726679191_2117659940696282764_n.jpg?oh=bc8100ab3944ec91782777f673dd7c55&oe=5665C7BF]

Been meaning to pick these up since you announced you're gonna do merged profiles as well.
    I'm primarily a hi gain guy, though the older I get all the bluesy stuff I was exposed to as a child comes out more haha

Overall I like this pack, it's a bit to dull for my tastes. I had welcomed a bit brighter mic positions overall, but I guess it works really well with a strat style guitar (don't own one, so I can't tell). Still really liking it, cause they are tweakable really well to be a bit brighter! Really like both cabs too.

Another reason I like to pick up DI packs of older marshalls, is to use them for more heavy stuff with different cabs and boosts.
    I picked up the one or other pack for that purpose (2203 mainly among a few others), but didn't really seem to dig the settings used on the amps in those packs.
    Loving the results I get with yours with that process!

The only other one I like this much is the tonehammer dsl, and that's a bit of a different beast than this one.

Long story short: awesome work!

My kemper never warned me about noisegate while profiling and all profiles are fine. Marco Cudan also had no problems

Yeah no issues what so ever when I did the XXX last year. Only Studio profiles though, no DI/Merged.
    Didn't have a single warning on the kemper about noise or noisegates.

Actually the only time couldn't profile was an Orange Dark Terror with lots of gain, because it said the amp is too noisy hehe

I also think it's very nice of gregor to throw sentences around like "imo all XXX profiles are fake".
    Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean others can't get it to work normally.

The XXX I used was also pretty old mind. No idea about the serial number, but it sounded and looked a lot like Lars'.

Just released a new pack, a 3.0 DI/Merged update for the Peavey 6505+
    All new profiles obviously, since the old pack I had was pre FW 3.0 :)

Here's the link
    http://originaudio.bigcartel.c…-2-3-0-di-merged-profiles

Clips to follow!

Also news regarding owners of the Metal Bundle 1:
    I've just sent out an email to the address you bought the Bundle with, and it contains a link to the new Peavey 6505+ DI/Merged pack.
    Consider that a thank you gift, I really appreciate the support!

Kempafun was kind enough to brillantly showcase a lot of different tones and styles the Archon is capable of!
    Thanks a lot man, I wish I could use all the tones myself in that way haha

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Check out this great tone and song from Matthias Schölch!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He used the Archon Profiles for this, PRS Archon 04 and PRS Archon TS808 04!

Thanks a lot dude!

I just sent out the Archon update via email, to the same email you guys provided when you bought the pack!

Please check your inboxes, in case you didn't get anything for some reason just notify me on here or the contact form via big cartel
    http://originaudio.bigcartel.com/contact

Hope you dig them, tell me what you think!

For the guys who are interested mainly on the newer lower gain stuff, but haven't bought the pack: I'm gonna do more clips of the new profiles somewhen soon!

Been nailing down the final profiles I'm gonna include, did a short test today with a few of them today to show the various gainstages.

First is the clean channel when pushed really hard, then 2 lower gain settings on the lead channel. All with the ribbon or a ribbon/sm57 blend.
    Last 3 is the same order again but with softer playing, to give you an idea what they do when not hit that hard.

First profile has gain around 1.5, 2nd around 2.5 and 3rd around 3.5 (which is about the most it gets on the lower gain updates)

I'm trying to get these out to you guys by this weekend. My QC is pretty time consuming haha

External Content soundcloud.com

Wow thanks a lot, how nice of you! Really glad you like the profiles so far!

Regarding lo/hi mid: I love that amp in this regard! I just had a bit of a hard time to get the clean channel breakup profiled nice, because the clean channel has so much headroom that it doesn't really break up a lot, but when it does (it's SUPER loud then) it sounds really cool.
    It took me a while to get that translated into the kemper but I think I got it.
    Lo gain on the lead channel is a lot of fun. It really loves single coils, but you can get it to twang with humbuckers too, if you play with the definition knob.

Henry-S: I didn't really do a lot more clean profiles, the clean channel isn't nearly as versatile as the lead channel imo. But I did some breakup ones of the clean channel that clean up really nice

ragingben, I totally love the clean channel haha

Thanks a lot for the nice words, I really appreciate it!

Another reason why I wanna update the pack is to give more credit to this amazing amp. I really didn't do its crunch tones justice and focused too much on the
    awesome hi gain tones and clean channel (cause that's what got me into the amp in the first place).

Gonna order the mic soon, so it won't take forever. I'll update on the process here!