Posts by ewrath2

5 years and this is the first real issue

Curious as to a solution was found - ever since updating my KPA OS last fall (it had been a couple years), MIDI has been misbehaving. I updated last week to the current version and now no PC changes from my Liquidfoot, altho the CC messages are working....

Also, two way communication from tuner is buggy (that was first problem) - it displays the correct note on the Liquidfoot but not the high/low indicator chevron so not usable as a tuner. It displays OK on KPA.

Also experiencing freezes, browse knob not operating, other intermittent bugs - not even sure where to start, or if I should roll back to an old OS. ?(

I too had been very happy for over 4 years! ;(

This was caused by the polarity of the switch being wrong. Changing it solved it.

Hi - I am having a similar but intermittent problem with Mission Spring loaded (goes thru liquid foot). It sorts it self out if I work the pedal a bit but seems random so might be a calibration problem, or something else... where can a experiment with the polarity - or would it even apply in my set up? Thanks, Erik

Hi - My KPA has worked pretty great for 4 years, including my last gig (luckily). One small issue, and might be hardware or 3rd party foot controller (Liquid foot) is that the wah effect on my spring loaded Mission wah, sometimes stays engaged for a random amount of time.. A bit irritating but lower priority and complex to troubleshoot.

BUT, the last time I tried to use the unit - it locked up on start up (even after multiple restarts, with and without the MIDI foot controller connected) including turning off the power conditioner. After a couple hours (I had to use a "real" head for rehearsal - gasp), I idly send a program change from the Liquid foot and it snapped to like nothing had happened... I haven't used it since but obviously very concerned. On some start up attempts the start up bar would almost finish, then, just an illuminated blank screen, other times the images below would present....

last system update January (OS 5.1.0.12774 Public Beta) - it had been behaving fine all year...

Simon Fallon - new guitarist for Striker - excellent stadium worthy shreddy metal from Canada!

I got to speak with him and share Kemper notes after their gig here in LA a few weeks ago. He uses a "stacked" profile he made by recording his 3 favorite amps ( think a EVH, Mesa, and can't remember the third) into a DAW, then profiling the blended sound.

https://www.facebook.com/strikermetal/

Hi Michael, it works. THX for the hint. I "spoilert" two pics, have fun. It was a great evening in 1998. Our first cd roll out with my old band skin 'n' bones. The venue was sold out with nearly 500 people and this girl goes crazy at the end of our gig. We were very surprised but we didn't stopped her :P

I'm REALLY enjoying were this is heading.... keep them coming. The "spoiler" function is brilliant, so I too don't get busted at work...

Antidotal story on checking parameters before judging success

When I demoed my KPA powerhead at guitar center thru a guitar cab it didn't sound very good - pretty bad in fact. But I made a go of it anyway. When I got it home (it was the same unit I demoed on) turns out the staff didn't have the "Monitor Cab off" button ticked - so of course it sounded bad! That might or might not be your case but it was simple to "fix" after pawing thru the manual for 5 (frustrated) minutes.

9$ plastic cutting board, a couple extra rubber feet, 6/32 nylon screws to replace Mission machine screws. I use the feet (hard to see) so I can run cabling under the pedals.... the pedals go straight into Kemper switches, KP-1 for volume, older model (on sale!) EP--1 Spring loaded for Wah. This is my "solo station", separate from Liquidfoot MIDI control. The clunky TRS cables will be replaced with 20 foot extentions my spare Pedalsnake 5 wire line to keep things tidy. I'll eventually use the KP switch for a delay on/off, somehow, with the last pedal input on Liquidfoot.. Then I will have two functional spots on stage to show off (one right in front of the other guitarist!)

Go on then! 80's ADA fuelled Rock God!

that serious gaze and those short shorts! Love it. Do you still rock them? Full disclosure: I used to roam around in tie dyed thermal long johns and cowboy boots... complete with headband and serious gaze. Hopefully no pix of that wardrobe ensemble exist...

So all you 3dB guys - what is your band's on stage volume like? Would 6dB be overkill in your world?

1) Loud (two guitars , 4 x 12 cabs, loud drummer.. and why can't bass players ever turn down?) 2) 6db probably too much, altho I lost some setting when I upgraded OS so I might fine tune the 3db - does anyone know if the volume pedal scale is in dbs? I just presumed...

Same here. Originally I had a clean boost in the X effects location....but that was before I discovered morphing!
    3db volume boost, plus delay mix goes up, plus a touch more gain.

I've been using volume pedal 3 db... and separate exp pedal to control delay mix. Maybe this Morphing thing bears a look/see...

I can't contribute either, since I have no musical legacy at all - but I have to say I quite like the picture on the eighties website of my favorite hometown metal band :
    Ostrogoth It's all there, the haircuts, the outfits, the attributes (positioned correctly by the photographer), ...

EDIT : I almost forgot there was no such thing like websites in the eighties - the website design mislead me a little...

Out fucking standing! This is what I'm talking about
    [Blocked Image: http://users.telenet.be/denofiniquitybe/ostrogoth1.jpg]