Posts by ewrath2

I believe "hair" to fall under the "gear" category so let's see 'em! Train tracks, warehouses and brick lined alleys, too.

I'll kick it off with a shameful blast from 1993 (at least I still had hair then!) . Photoshop invented the year before so I'm responsible for the montage AND some of the pretentious text...Robert Berry was briefly associated with this act - more as a producer.
    Now your turn...

"Brougham" - model/style designation for some makes. File under almost useless information.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brougham_(car_body)

I (and several others) had similar problem with output levels thru cabinet (powered KPA) The ""Power Amp Boost" seems to be buggy - even when displaying +12bd, it clearly was not. Twisting the knob down and back up again surprisingly seems to fix it. But one had to do this on start up every time. Since updating to very latest version of OS (5.0.3.12660) it seems OK. I'm curious to see if it is mentioned as bug in your ticket....

KPA Loses Oomph

Sudden Volume (Monitor Out) Issue

I have a extra line (5 wire) on my PedalSnake and I am hoping to use it for TWO expression pedals straight into back of KPA in switches... I have to make a custom TRS connector cable for this - Odd question: Can the two TRS share the ground? There are only 5 wires so if they can't I can do two TRS connectors I can do a TRS plus a TS (for KP-1 switch) with the 5 wires...

Just messing around with a second "solo" station on stage. I have KP-1 plus spring loaded EP-1 on way

My punk metal splatter band, Haunted Garage is first up in this blog article about The Slenderman myth, and music it's inspired. Lnk to our song on spotify is prominent!

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-b…-about-slenderman-1846488

Slenderman documentary on HBO coming out soon... and rumored to be featured theme on "American Horror Story".

youtube "Haunted Garage" for more visuals... random pix attached.

Info:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_Garage

Try turning your power boost knob and see if the boost activates. Even though my power boost is on and is at the correct setting when I turn on the amp I have to to give it a twist to activate the boost. Not sure why, if anyone know why let me know.

That seems to be a new bug - I updated to next version of 5.xx and seems like it's fixed...

I'm NOT using rig manager - need to update my home Mac, bla blah blah, etc.

so updated to 5.0 beta coulpe weeks ago by downloading .kaos to thumbdrive etc.

would like to update, but now at work PC windows just says "can't download", no other explanation. It might be my work security / firewall has changed...so

downloaded on my iPad, then saved to google drive so I could email it to myself, - but the file looks like a text file - or maybe an URL to HTML file? Weird. Help.

same problem, after updating OS, super low volume thru speaker. Power Amp Boost said +12db, but wasn't at volume. I adjusted Power Amp Boost down a few ticks then back up to +12 and volume came back! looking forward to fixing with 5.0.3 update - thought I was going crazy

Or, should I be using a new empty USB drive, and if so, how do I format this drive accordingly if the Kemper does not prompt you through like it did the first time.
    Sorry if this is an obvious answer but I want to make sure I get it right. Any advise is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Tommy

Hi -the USB drive that doesn't format might be faulty since it should auto format when first introduced to the Kemper. I'e read other post here of failed USB drives. I'd just try another. I bought a 5 pack on Amazon for $18.

I just went thru this (2.4.09 > 5.0 beta) - the only snag I found was my "locked" stomps got deleted somehow - not a huge deal , Probably some way to restore them from my backup...but I just recreated.

Be aware that Vers 4.2.2 ist the last official public Version.
    Version 5 is a public Beta version with the incredible new delays but still a Beta.

I just gritted my teeth and went for it... luckily no major upsets ( I had to redefine all my stomps / effects in my main rig) but overall the old profiles seems to be sounding the same - and the new delays are fun!

I still wish the type and browse knobs made more sense - what a pain in the ass that interface is!

you can update 2.4.x directly to 5.0, make a backup though before.

Thank you both - I was just a bit hesitant since I cant seem to find my USB drive with kaos.bin 2.4.09 so if the 5.0 jacks me up I can't return to 2.4. (3.3 is oldest I can find on Kemper.com .I'm actual worried about the new Profile designation in 3.0, and if they affect my old rigs... I have, of course, made a backup of my rigs as of yesterday.

I don't have rig manager since I haven't upgraded my Mac OS because it might break some of my programs/hardware so stuck with sneaker net for a little longer until I bite bullet on that front... thanks all!

A backup does not contain the firmware but only the user data like rigs,performances, presets etc.
    Downgrades work like updates. Simply put the appropriate kaos.bin on a stick and insert it in the Profiler after it has fully booted.

Similar question since I haven't had need to update firmware for 3 years(!) - exactly how does one find "the appropriate" kaos.bin? I looked on legacy firmware on downloads and it only has 3.3. I currently have 2.4.09 on my KPA - is there way to pull it off my KPA ?

I'm planning on jumping up to 5.0 so kinda nervous about it (I made .kpabackup, of course)... thanks!

I have six or seven picks that I use for recording and use whatever one suits the part I'm playing.
    When recording acoustic guitars, the type of pick has an enormous effect on how the instrument sits in the track.
    I can save a lot of time on the mix by recording the guitar with the right pick.

I'm about to delve into recording acoustic guitars and would be curious as to your finding regarding the use of different picks... I would assume the rigidity would affect attack and percussive qualities in a direct portion. Any specific recommendations?

Hey Guys,

What picks do you all use? I am currently swapping out between Tortex 1.5 and Ultex 1.5, but I think I want to try V-Picks. Anybody have experience with those at all? I like a good stiff pick with something to help me grip it better. I am curious to see what kind f pick everyone else is using, might be a revelation for some.

V-Picks - specifically the Pointed Snake with Ghost Rim. I was skeptical but I got use to the thickness in just a few minutes .... now a "regular" pick seems ridiculous.

I think you should be able to configure another pedal plugged to the back of the Kemper totally separately from the others.

OK - pedal received and set up thru switches in back of KPA. I hit a road bump, tho.

In slot B, I have my wah, it's always on and responds to "touch" (since I use a spring return Mission Pedal, routed via my Liquid foot JR+). the new pedal, now, of course, wants controls the "wah" first, not the volume (since "wah to volume" enabled). So, my original idea, to have a separate "soloing station with volume and wah" on other side of the stage might not be possible.... unless I'm overlooking something? Maybe "touch" should be something else for my Slot B wah?

to at least utilize the new pedal, I just made it a volume , then put a flanger in Slot C for the toe switch so I can get a little color on the solos. Not exactly what I had planned, but still kind of cool.