Posts by ewrath2

Cool rigs and dare I say even cooler looking shows!

Thanks for the profile tip, will check it out.

This cab profile (actually old Marshall looks like), for some reason, makes any high gain profile better, at least to my ears... maybe its just louder but seems to improve the definition ....

MORIN MOD JCM 800 MORIN MOD JCM 800 Freds 1960B Erik Erath 5.00 / 5.00
    2014-02-27

Nice one. The Kemper definetly cures amp and effects pedal GAS for me also

What's kinda funny is it's even cured my PAS (P for Profile)... once I got my "sound" (and upgraded from FB 101 to Liquid Foot) it's been plug and play for 3 years - so even tho I've played over 30 shows, and countless hours in rehearsal with my Kemper, I'm still a "beginner" here!

Small, good sounding and loud - seems like getting all three is difficult. I'm no sound engineer but would there be any phase issues with the speakers sharing such a small volume of space together, and at an angle?

You could get 2 bogner cubes and devise a shelf stand to do the same thing...?

I play my powered KPA thru an old Marshall straight 4 x 12 with mixed vintage celestions - sounds amazing. In the effort to keep live rig simple I use one "Rig", with Liquid foot MIDI controller (8 button) and 3 expression pedals. I only use 4 of the buttons, L to R, "tap tempo", "tuner", a seldom used "clean" rig and finally my main Rig - the "Sea Nymph" profile with a cab profile I love.

The expression pedals, L to R: Delay Mix, Volume (set for 5bd range) and a "switchless Mission Pedal for "wah".

This makes for zero tap dancing and is incredibly easy to drop in spot leads etc. I'm on the wah all the time and my tone is super mid-rangy, so don't feel need for separate EQ on leads. I've been so happy with the sound I haven't even updated the system for al long time... kinds scared to at this point since unclear on how kemper now handles the Cab profiles - and don't want to mess up my perfect tone!

I haven't had to buy an amp (or effects pedal!) for 3 years and my tone / set up is the best its' every sounded! I've dialed in the "Sea Nymph" stock profile with an incredible cab profile (early 70's Orange 4 x 12 cab) I made profiling my modded Marshall head. That profile is in the user library; search Morin modded marshal.

I did use the FB 101 successfully to control live but have upgraded to Liquid foot with 3 expression pedals, (volume, delay mix and wah) also on the LF bank tuner, tap tempo and a seldom used clean profile. I get compliments on my sound everywhere we play. I've been honored to demo my KPA for a couple name acts and they switched for their live rig!

Thank you Kemper, and the forum community for all the helpful tips!.

here's few pics of me having fun with the legendary Haunted Garage... you'll note the Kemper glowing in the background.

I dusted off my "Just Say Ozzy" CD, probably haven't listened to it for 15? years... - wow incredible guitar tone!

I've been "off-forum" for a while - busy playing lots of show with my PowerRack. I've had no GAS for a while but man that Zack Wyde tone is great! Someone, please.... 8)

I have a similar issue with my Liquid foot - sometimes the mute is indicated but I hear full signal and/or doesn't respond to the liquid foot IA switch.. If switching from "Browse" to "performance" and back doesn't correct it I have to restart the liquidfood. Seems to have something to do with startup order (my Liquidfoot starts up first when I turn on my power conditioner.) ( I usually start up in "Tuner" mode to avoid any noise if my guitar isn't plugged in yet) ?(

Minor bug but thought to chime in...

I haven't posted for a few months since my Kemper rig is ruling! More playing, less troubleshooting on forums! :thumbup:

This amp sat in Mr Morin's garage as his test unit for years - basically he rebuilt the gain stages, etc to his liking. I feel like this profile isn't as crisp as the original, I tried another one and it turned out worse, somehow... :S anyway check it out for maybe a fuzz tone (no stomp boxes used in profile). I will try to do a better profile later.

Red Bear was a 1990's Gibson 60 watt tube head, I've never seen another. This one has been so modded not sure if its sounds like original at all...

"Morin Red Bear 1"

36 watt hand built boutique amp... custom built by Adam Grimm for me. He installed a footswitchable master volume (disengaged for this profile). Currently this model is being used by Brian Forsythe (Kix, Rhinobucket), Johnny Two Bags (Social Distortion), among others. If you like a cranked Bassman sound this is it.

The amp has tow knobs "Volume" and "Tone" - both were pretty much dimed. Rectifier switched to solid state. I hope my profile did it justice... please let me know! 8)

on RM : SATELLITE ATOM 1 author Erik Erath

Thank you - that seems like excellent advice! I put the editor on my work computer and have been poking around in it, trying to find some of the KPA specific parameters, and get a grasp on the basic layout of things... I sometimes get caught up it trying to do it "perfect" on the first try... what I need to do, at least at first seems very basic so I'm pretty confident.

Thanks for the encouragement re: surgery - I wore my hips out rocking too much wah pedal and jumping around so gotta get one of them retro fitted (again!)

Looks like my JR+has arrived - I hope to start programing next week.... do you recommend using the wizard or the config file you put on the dropbox?? I hope to check out your the videos, etc (i have surgery and some down time coming up...)

Thanks Sean - I've seen you've really been digging into the unit and are very generous with your knowledge! I'm planning on using the Jr+, at least initially, to actually streamline my live switching - really just using it as a nexus for 3 expression pedals; delay level, volume and a mission for wah wah. - since I tend to just use one profile - no more tap dancing!

It is dismaying that a company that can come up with such a versatile and complex unit can be stumped by such simple questions as "can you ship it here please" and "does it come with a power supply"... ?(

Still waiting for my JR + ...my order date was Nov 1, 2013. It got
    delivered to the wrong address Friday. I could go on and on but this
    pretty much sums up the customer service so far... X(

I agree, plenty of the factory rigs are top notch! :)

Me too! I've got "my" sound dialed in with a couple of the factory rigs using the cab from my own profile of my modded marshall ! The powerhead thru a trusty Marshall 1960B and I've got cranking live stage sound.... plus all the benefits listed by others: ease of set up, lightweight, easy to down size to 2x12 or my Yamaha DXR10, easy midi, all the effects, direct out for PA/recording - I just wanted a rig to do "my" sound - all the other profiles icing on the cake and I love watching the progress of the KPA on this forum... :thumbup: