Posts by ewrath2

I'm waiting on JR+ as well, since Oct. - FAMC have emailed me back (I send email every two weeks to see whats going on) - parts have arrived and looking forward to getting a shipping date soon.... but the wait has kinda sucked :wacko: . FCB1010 w/ Uno chip in meantime no complaints but the JR+ smaller foot print and 3 (or 4) expression pedals will be great....

FYI Pete Turley makes 4 button footswitch for KPA - affordable option, quick turnaround - I have as back up and to use at home if I don't want to drag the MIDI board out... He goes by "okstrat" on this forum; petesprofiles.weebly.com

hi.
    which FW are you using and did you re-install the factory rigs?
    we recently re-balanced the factory content.

I just updated factory rigs.... you gave us some nice ones! I did find the Friedman HBE and one other to be noticably louder than the other profile(s) I usually use (Sea Nymph, couple of my own). Not too loud but enough were I had to adjust them... which I usually don't have to do.

At gig this weekend, the vocals got into my Kemper! Along with a high pitched static squeal....not noticeable when I was playing but super annoying during breaks in and between songs.

I was using a cable that has exhibited some microphonic qualities (good Belden cable with Swichcraft ends) - I'm guessing the PA signal got in that way, maybe the PA speaker lead was crossing over my guitar cable. Problem would abate when volume pot down on guitar so I was busy with that all night.

Of course warehouse gig so no sound check, and no way to trouble shoot once we got going.

I just updated to 2.3.3 and spent a couple hours the day before checking out the new factory profiles (Friedman HBE - WOW!) at volume with this cable, no problems. I'm hoping it was just a St Patricks leprechaun and the mischief is over! 8|

I got the KPA primarily for playing live - I was overwrought with pedalboards, fussy, noisy tube amps, ground loops, noise, power sources, cables everywhere, switching units, more noise... After one particularly rough rehearsal (with the mexican radio blasting thru my rig) I said to myself - " I have the best sounding tube amps ever but all this other junk is such a pain!" The other guitar player said his tech buddy was programing a unit to replace all the clutter. So I was researching the "other" unit and stumbled on the Kemper by accident via Google - I guess I got luckily!

I now use a KPA powerrack into a good Marshall cab, pedal snake to the FCB1010 - I'm set up in seconds, no noise, no drama and my sounds is excellent - really loving it!

I was using Tills 1960 013 and 020 - really seem to liven up hi gain rigs, bringing a clarity to the proceedings....
    Then I did my first profile, a Morin Modded JCM800,
    Modded Marshall! "MORIN MOD JCM 800"
    and surprisingly the cab from this, a 1960B, w/ original pre Rola 25 watters, sounds awesome with most of the hi gain stuff...At least coming thru KPA powerhead and my own 1960B. It's my new go to cab.

Love to hear what others think .... (especially about the profile, this is one killer amp in my book!) :P

My first profile! Of the amp that cured my GAS (until the Kemper came along...) 8) I'm not sure how to post link to specific RE but name is "MORIN MOD JCM 800".

Base amp 1982 (vertical input) 50 watt Marshall JCM800. This amp was one of Mike Morin's last mods as the parts he uses are unavailable. He's a complete tone freak and this represents hours of hot swapping components until the amp grew huge fangs. Aggressive mid range with exceptional string definition. Crank the gain up a bit if you need to...

For some reason the cab we used to make this profile, an early 70's pre Rola 1960B (with original speakers), has created crazy good (to my ears) cab which I've been using instead of the Tils mixed 013 and 020 .... try it and let me know!

adding an a Eventide H9 and Strymon Timeline to the KPA loop.

From these devices something like the 'Ice' algorithm (TL)

Hey Brattcave- I was considering this. .Do you use a foot controller? Just curious if it could then be wrangled with the FCB1010 (with Uno4K chip) for live use. I have a TL and an Eventide Time Factor now gathering dust... I kinda miss some of the more layered multi tap, subtle pitched delays and "ice" effects I got with them. The Kemper's on board delay is fine but the Strymon and Eventide seemed more 3D to me... maybe the KPA's need more user fine tuning?

Stuffing an effects box and power supply into my rack and wrangling the MIDI switching, tap tempo, etc sounds like a pain - makes my brain hurt! ;( ;(

Currently using UNO4K - played a bunch of shows with it and its relatively good solution. I use a Mission spring loaded pedal for the wah, so the size does get a little cumbersome since the Mission pedal is off to the side. Using a Pedal snake keeps things tidy enough. I wish I could use the "extra" pedal on the 1010 I have for some other parameter but unfortunately the Uno4K only allows the pedals to be wah and volume. The 1010's exp pedals are fine for volume but I prefer the spring loaded feel for wah. It was nice for the tap tempo until the beta detection upgrade threw that off...

I've been waiting for LAMC to process my order for a Liquid Foot+ JR+ since November..... :wacko:

I'll be playing at the Cafe NELA friday 14th with infamous prop rock band "Haunted Garage" .... the Kemper will be in full effect!

I use a locked EQ boost in the X slot - with assigned IA switch so it's always there (1010, UNO4Kemper). I also use the volume pedal so I can "put my foot on the gas" for a spot solo, fill or juice the main riff up before the vocals come in - I like having both options so I don't loose my balance tap dancing!

I have two line items here detailing device name as 'Mau_KPA' and owners name as 'Shawn' (my name). I think the 'Mau_KPA may be an artefact of using another member's backup in the past - Maurizio70

I was also confused by my KPA device name being "Mau_KPA" .... I also enjoyed Maurizio70's rig pack ... so I guess mystery solved? ?( I properly named my KPA so sounds like that is the important task.

I have yet to install Rig Manager since I have a Mac for my music life...