Posts by ur2funky

Hey Mats,

The "Lone Star" preset would be one to try again. Turn off the Rotary and turn down the Spring Rev.

And try again the "Top Boost" patch, turning the gain down.

Both of these are way too compressed for my liking.

Of course, this is all subjective and personal. On my gigs, I use a clean tone 90% of the time. Most of these would have too much gain for the other 10% lol. But I have enjoyed and played these a lot, and I think they transferred to the Kemper very well. As I mentioned previously, they are much more usable and enjoyable on the Kemper.

I didn't profile any more clean Cortex tones because I found them uninspiring or not worth saving to me. Other's mileage may vary :)

Cheers,

Scott

I like the way you think! lol

Unfortunately, I am short on time these days, working a new day job, I also have a vending business, I gig 3 nights a week, we're preparing to move, and my wife and dogs like some attention too :)

And I sold/shipped off the Cortex yesterday. As mentioned, these Profiles sound basically identical to the Quad (other than effect settings), but feel much, much better 'under the fingers' on the Kemper.

I do have two Kempers to profile back and forth lol...but I'm not motivated to try, sorry.

Agree cant wait to pull this up...

PS are these the "presets" as you say or some with "Amp Matches" are applied??

Sorry, I don't understand "Amp matches".

I didn't try captures on the Cortex, since I'm finally in my happy space with the Kemper and I have sold off all my amps. I guess I could have tried capturing the Kemper into the Cortex, only to bring it back into the Kemper lol.

These Cortex patches are shipped with the Neural. The only difference is reverb/delay/mod effects that don't get profiled in the Kemper, and some of the names have been slightly modified.

Thank you so much for these profiles! I think they are really good individually.

However, if you compare them to each other, they sound quite similar to me. More like different EQs based on one amp than real differences in dynamics, gain structure, saturation....etc.

They do sound nice, and some really usable tones.

Many of the Cortex's presets, once profiled with the Kemper, i.e., the Reverb, Delay, and Modulations turned off for the profiling process, sounded nearly identical. So adding back a variety of effects and e.q. will give the tones a bit of variety.

I gotta say, I like these a lot better on the Kemper.

On the Neural, the noise gate affects the playing feel, even turned to its lowest setting. Turn the gate off, and they are quite noisy. The high gain ones are awash in noise. Unusable for me.

All of that noise disappears once profiled on the Kemper.

I never profiled enough to really learn the in and outs of the Kemper, and one of the issues I remember is whatever Rig you're on when you switch to make the new Profiler, the names, effects, settings, stomps etc., pretty much everything gets transferred to the new Profile. I never spent the time to learn the work around this.

I saw this on my iPhone between sets at a gig...sorry for my delay.
    And sorry for my delay on this forum, I haven't turned on the Kemper in awhile (I go thru stages of using tube amps or a Fender GT200 for gigs or the Kemper).

It's been awhile since I made these profiles, I know I used a ribbon mike with 4 different speakers and also used a direct box. I have since sold this great amp, and the rest of my Friedmans. (I've had 11 Friedmans I owned and profiled.)

I just turned on "Rig Manager" (for the first time in months) and it shows I have 50,325 Rigs!!!
    I have over two hundred files in the folder I made these, from three different amps. And I have no notes on anything I did. I haven't updated this software in quite awhile, do they have a "Cabinet Manager" yet? I can't remember how I see my huge cabinet collection. I guess I need to set up my Kemper and try on there.

But yes, I made these using my Butterslax amp, vibrating my house with the outer space washing machine sounds of profiling. Apparently from the posts above, these may have been uploaded with other cabs, I can't remember. I'd be glad to remove these. I paid Friedman a lot of money for that amp, I would guess he wouldn't mind it being removed.

Used some of these profiles live on Friday and it sounded amazing. Here's one of the songs where I use your profiles the entire time.
    Thanks again love these profiles. Oh and if you notice the date it was May the 4th be with you, hence why my singer was doing his Vader impression at the start of the song.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey Sean,
    Thanks for posting this. It's great to hear it being used live. And what a great performance, from everyone, very impressive. A couple questions, is that an original tune? Fantastic. And, are you using a digitech whammy or is that in the Kemper?

Happy Birthday bobiz!!!!

Wow! That sounds killer! What jump up in clarity from the first one. I'm still amazed with this. Sounds really great! I can't imagine what you'll do "When You're 64!"

Here's a little Birthday present for you. It's a little variation on the Slax' ch 2 - this time with EHX 6CA7EH tubes in the power section. As with my other profiles, use the MIX of the EQ in the X Slot to adjust to your speakers.

I hope you enjoy...

Hi guys, this is the second attempt on the same song, still using the great Friedman Butterslax ch 2, profile made by Scott Ritchie. I think this profile may very well be the best i've got in my Kemper !!

Better mix with more clarity i think, additional guitars, and now with a title, " 63 long ones ", just because im turning 63 on saturday :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you soo much for this!

I've spent a lot of time trying to simulate acoustic tones with my electric. I really like how you the patches dialing in to certain guitars/pickups. It really works great!

Many thanks! Now I need to get more of your stuff, fantastic!