Posts by ur2funky

Here are my Friedman Butterslax amp profiles attached.

This is Friedman's newest amp, and it shows how he's progressed as a builder. Channel One is the surprise standout, it goes from clean to mean with the guitar's volume knob very impressively. Rotary effect in the MOD slot.

Watch out for the E.Q. in the X slot. I use it for different speakers I'm playing thru. Turn it on or off or adjust it's mix for your playback system.

Enjoy!

P.S. a few of these can be found in the Rig Exchange - search for "Scott Ritchie" or "Butterslax"

EDIT: I just realized I uploaded the wrong group...the correct ones are now attached as zip 2. Sorry!

It's comforting to see that people around here are more concerned with tone than with maths... ;) I'm an outsider on this forum so I noticed that my maths tell me something different. 5 minutes per rig, 4 hours per day means 48 rigs per day so that would be closer to 1000 days. To be more exact : start auditioning today, and you will have heard them all on August 16 2020. I hope you still remember what the first one sounded like at that moment, else you will need to start over...

I like both of your "maths". I've had the Kemper for 4 years, so it seems about right :)

The old 'memory stick shuffle'...I think of how much easier Rig Manager has made the process. Now I wish the same for the IRs.

It's comforting to see that people around here are more concerned with tone than with maths... ;) I'm an outsider on this forum so I noticed that my maths tell me something different. 5 minutes per rig, 4 hours per day means 48 rigs per day so that would be closer to 1000 days. To be more exact : start auditioning today, and you will have heard them all on August 16 2020. I hope you still remember what the first one sounded like at that moment, else you will need to start over...

Haha! Aug 2020 is two Black Fridays from now, and that means more savings on more Profiles, I'm not sure if it's possible to finish!

Woohoo! I no longer feel bad about hovering in the 4800 profile range. I takes my Rig Manager a full minute to load. I cannot imagine how long yours does.... :D

Really, a full minute?
    Mine is fast, I just timed it and it's fully functional in under 5 seconds, and it seems it's struggling to download the online stuff during this time or it would be faster. Granted I have a upgraded 2010 Mac Pro, 40g of RAM, 3.33x12 core. And I only have 145 rigs on the Kemper. Not sure where your slow down is?

Sounds awesome!
    What really made the difference? The IR's or the profiles?

Did you try to play the profiles without a cab? There is a special sparkle imho when playing without a cab. I have done it and i reduce hights and presence and maybe amp definition in that case. Sounds awesome. I do that with most of my cleansounds.

Here is another clip. It's the same preset as #4 above. Phrase looped 3 times, different each time....

Soundcloud Kemper Test

-First time is Bert's stock patch (no cab)
    -Second time is with the 3 Sigma acoustic IR added as a cab
    -Third time is some additional EQ and a little Space.

All three are usable in different mixes.

Keep in mind Bert's acoustic pack had 30 profiles in it and the Sigma had about 3 dozen IRs. So you can mix and match those to what sounds good to you.
    I messed with these for a couple hours to get to this point. I'm hoping some feedback on which of these sounds the best will lead me to continue to work on those.

I just picked up Bert Meulendijk's Acoustic pack and was impressed enough to try and get some acoustic tones happening on my electric.

I added '3 Sigma Audio' acoustic IRs as a cabinet in the Kemper, and added the 8-band Graphic Eq as an effect and came up with these profiles...

Here's 5 different presets, one after the other, all in one clip...can you tell which is the real acoustic? Which do you like best?

https://soundcloud.com/user-94…2/kemper-acoustic-patches

I'm playing a Suhr Classic (Strat style) #3 middle position single coil ML pickup, no SCII - Strung with .008's!!! No post processing.

Can someone tell me if these are merged? (PLEASE be merged...)

EDIT: They are all Studio files. My mistake.

I've tried mixing some different cabs as I always do, with great results. But they sound great just as they are.

Tasteful 'Verb, Delay and other settings too.

You can tell these were done on a Rack unit, because they have the Mods in the X slot, .... the Rack doesn't have the 2 MOD knobs so you don't notice that you can reach over and turn those knobs like you can on the Toaster...

I'm sorry but that analogy doesn't quite sit with me. Unless all amps come out of the box with the users perfect settings already dialled in then of course you're going to have to twist knobs from the neutral 12 o'clock position. Through the profiling process this should have been already done so it's not the same. If the guy profiling knows what he/she is doing, and if the replication of the mic' d up amp by the profiler is accurate (two big ifs) then things should be dandy. I see messing with the eq as a way of adjusting for guitar type, as a last resort after changing the amp settings. Any significant changes of eq starts getting me worried, maybe because I'm a bit obsessive!

And are you sure that you and the person that made the Profile have the same taste in tone, and that you're using the tone in the same context, style and physical space? One patch that sounds great at home or on one stage, (or song,) needs a eq fix in another.
    The knobs are there to be dialed! :)
    I do know what you mean though, sometimes I have to force myself to do just that, turn those knobs! Even though it may be the most perfect amp, it's still an amp. Why don't we want to adjust main EQ? lol