Posts by ur2funky

Haven't had the chance to try them out, will thanks in advance. To add another voice, I'd kill for John's no-flubb rhythm ka-chunk tone. I bought one of Choptones' IIC+ packs and love them, but I just cannot dial out some of the low end to prevent flubbing. I'm actually at the point that I'm thinking about picking up a Mk V 25 just for that!

I just profiled my Mk V 25 and my Friedman Butterslax, and got a great chunk chunk/Djent tone from the 'Slax. I'll be posting them here soon.

I was browsing the exchange and tried the Hammersmith files and really dug 'em and saved some to my Kemper. Hate to say, very rarely do I find something there that I want to save ...

And now I find your post! So, I can thank you! Nice work indeed!!!

Yeah, sad news about Greg. We had endless Allman Bros requests sat. night. It even brought out some folks that only come out every couple years. And when we would play one of their tunes, everyone would stop and listen. I must say I was nicely surprised at how strong a reaction his passing had on people. Greg played on our stage and had a few gigs at our bar, back in the 70's, but was known to pass thru since then. We're in the Florida Keys, and he was a Florida Boy.

Anton, I had a similar experience with my now sold CLR. Sounded great/amazing at low volumes, but cranked it didn't do so well. The mids were overwhelming at loud volumes, as everything else just seemed strained and on the verge of coming apart. This was with full range music. With just a guitar signal in monitor position, it worked much better at loud volumes and was the easiest-on-the-ear frfr cabinet I've tried. Great for guitar.

The ones I made were done with the Kemper's effects - some without any amp profile. If you preview them with Rig Manager, you can see the different ways I mangled the guitar tone ;)

I've been meaning to make a study of your patches. Your patches do some amazing things with the guitar's volume knob! My hat is off to you good sir!!!

I've been playing bass two nights a week for 17 years (4-string), but I also gig on guitar. I bought the Kemper for guitar.
    I've profiled my TC RH450 and my MarkBass LMII bass amps with good results. Each one sounds like the respective amp. So if you're thinking of having your amp collection with you, and adding effects as a bonus, the Kemper could be for you. But once you can readily switch between them in the Kemper, you may find you really only like a few or even one of your amps. This happened to me with my electric guitar amps, which I've all but sold now.

One downside is I have thousands of profiles of probably hundreds of different guitar amps...but only probably 5 bass amps, two of which I made myself. So the user/profile base of the Kemper is much more guitar oriented. There aren't a lot of bass amp profiles out there.
    I recently sold my CLR (which I used for guitar). There is no way that could cover bass duties in my various bands. My bass rig is the amps I mentioned and TC RS212 and RS210 cabs. Other than a festival gig, I could cover anything with a RS212 and the LMII, which together purchased on the used market is less than $700 (US). So cost is another factor. You'll pay a premium for something that is more useful for guitarists.

To be clear, I LOVE my Kemper, and sold a wall of boutique tube amps because of it.
    But it doesn't go to my bass gigs, which are in smokey roadhouse bars, or outdoor tiki bars. I value it too much. I can get a wide range of tones out of a $300 (used price) Mark head. I've very happy at the gig with that.

But Bass is your main thing, and you (possibly) want the best. And the Kemper really shines if you're a person that likes to tinker...mess around with effects and tones. The user interface is wonderfully easy (some people will need to break out their cheaters (glasses) to read some of the fonts). If your friend would profile all of your amps for you in his studio, that would be a great bonus.
    Some of my "turn on the bass amp and go" friends would hate it. I'm sure you know if it would be right for you in this regard. There is a learning curve for some. I've found it to be a breeze.

Some FRFR speakers to check out would the Yamaha DXR15 (which I haven't used, but heard great things about) and the EV ZLX-15P, the latter only weighs 17 kg. I have the 12P which sells for around $335 US (dealers will discount these below MAP) and it is a great value. But I haven't tried these speakers at my bass gigs.

Best in your search!
    Scott