Posts by Jerberge

The Kemper is a cornerstone of my little studio. Here's something I did recently. I wrote the song, performed, recorded, produced it, and created the video. Being the everything guy is a lot of work.

BTW, all filmed on iPhone X Clips, then edited in Final Cut Pro.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes. It works. I was trying to view it from the wrong folder. It can only be viewed from the All Presets folder.

Another question. I'm not getting the benefit of these. They all sound weak. If I start from scratch on Kemper Drive, it's like it barely works. The controls work somewhat but it doesn't seem to do much. Does it have to operate in some mode? I usually just work from the Browser mode.

Help! My Kemper rack is shutting off in the middle of shows. I've replaced the power cord, made sure it was seated well, changed where it plugs in, but no change. it's totally random. Sometimes it will reboot immediately, sometimes it will take a few minutes to turn back on. It's almost like it's overheating, but it's well ventilated and doesn't feel warm. I use it 5 out of 7 nights per week at gigs. I need this to get resolved quickly. I live in Denver, Colorado, which is near Evergreen. That had been the US distribution center. Do they do repairs there?

I own 2 Kemper racks and use them in both the studio but more prominently the stage. I also am a huge fan of the Virus line of synths and have a Polar Darkstar in front of me as I type this. The Kemper gets fairly frequent updates. It works well, it works within the confines of Mac OS updates, it keeps up with demands, it's great stuff in general.

But so did the Virus.

The Virus synth, which was a game changer for modern music, used to get updates frequently. It kept up with changing operating systems and the pace of the industry in general. It hasn't had an update since early October of 2017! Trying to keep Virus running in Logic Pro today is something of a high-wire balancing act. Now, what if that was to happen to the Kemper? Same company. Same management.

It makes me question things such as "future implementation". Yes I remember the days before they finally did something with the Undo, Redo, Copy and Paste buttons. Could they just stop here and say it's good enough?

The question is: Will Kemper users be abandoned the same way Virus users have been? Is it that future proof? Should I be looking for some other company who is hungry enough to take better care of their users?

I view this as totally necessary. The X slot has basically become worthless because of no midi access of the main volume knob. This should be an easy fix. I hope to see it soon.

This strikes me as particularly odd, given the amazing integration of the Virus synths. With the Virus, it's not just an editor, the hardware acts like it's a plug-in. I have a Virus TI2 Polar and it works like a dream. Why would the company, who is famous for this technology (Virus TI - Total Integration) leave it out of what seems to be a flagship product? One of the sales points for me buying a Kemper was that it was the same company as the Virus. I thought I'd be able to have a comparable technology for my guitar. Alas, this hasn't been the case. The Kemper is clunky at best when it comes to real world integration. It's not designed whatsoever to work with a DAW. If it weren't for the tone I'd have been long gone.

Am I missing something? Are there plans to go to this TI route? Will the Kemper ever be comparable to the Virus?