Posts by hoodcreeper

Great advice. Lovin' the profile suggestions!! Someone recommended the Trainwreck on TAF. That has been a great sounding tone for me. Can't wait to hear how it sits in the mix with the band.

One problem I've been having is while boosting mids to cut into band mix I then create a "thin" sound. It's tough with the other guitarist on a DR Z amp while he cuts through with a full punchy sound. How to cut through mix without loosing body in the tone?????

Tried the Morgan and it was a marked improvement from the profiles I have been using!!! Thanks for the heads up on that one. I see that it really is important to start with a solid profile. I will probably start kicking in some money for the TAF profiles so I know I'm starting with a reliable rig.

Thanks folks!!!

Thanks Netheravon- I always welcome EQ advice. I do tend to push the amp definition up as it seems to tighten up the bass at tweaking headphone levels. Probably messing me up at volume I guess.

I think it's easier to tame the highs as volume but that flubby loose bass is tough for me to dial out.

FWIW- I love the attitude and helpfulness of this forum. It's a very positive place to come and ask seemingly simple questions. Thanks Folks!!

I will try the Morgan and see where that gets me. I will also try more eq's. I just get pretty frustrated quickly cause my ears just don't pick out what needs to change in the frequency bandwidth. They only know what they don't like. I also feel bad trying to dial in my tone at rehearsal. Band mates are definitely not very excited about my recent switch from tube amps. I think it will be worth it in the long run but I'm struggling at the moment.

Anymore suggestions besides the Morgan as a plug and play option?

As the title suggests I am looking for any advice as to which profile folks feel sounds great without too much tweaking into a CLR played at moderate to loud volume. I have been having trouble with the fletcher munson thing and keep killing my bandmates as they wait for me to adjust eq's. I always end up with a muddy loose bass and shrill highs. The rest of my playing gets lost in the mix. I know this setup is capable of the tones I'm looking for....help. Free profile suggestions would be great but I don't mind paying. Im looking for mid gain/crunch tones with tight punchy bass. I play a PRS with Dragon II humbuckers. It seems like a fairly hot signal pickup.

If you like the tones you suggest what are any EQ additions you make and what do you do?

I too have been experiencing excessive volume spikes with OD/Dis stomps into clean amps. I just got the Kemper and I didn't know if this was inherent to the unit. I have been experimenting and reading about the clean sense and dist sense as I'm not quite picking it up yet. Sadly I have been running both settings at -12 (all the way down). I'm playing mostly through a PRS with semi hot humbuckers. Should I have my clean/dist sense balanced at higher settings? I just find that with OD/dist stomps in mix that I tend to clip the output section regularly. Please advise