Posts by Chruschdy

By now, i think that there is something around my house that produces this click. I will check if the problem occurs in other locations as well.

I don´t think that the noise is generated by the KPA itself. But it´s very strange that the click wasn´t there before i got the KPA.
    With other gear there wasn´t such a problem at all. But as i mentioned, its only on the front input.
    And there is a difference to the alternative input, where nothing clicks. Maybe the input of my POD or the interface i´m using together with NI Guitar Rig 3 aren´t that sensitive compared to the front input of the KPA.

Usually i use my wireless which is connected to the alternative in, when i´m in our rehearsal room. Which maybe explains that i didn´t hear this clicking before yet.

But it is annoying that i cant use the front input when im sitting in front of my desk :(
    Using the alternative input is an interim solution but of course a bit dissapointing somehow.

What i do not really understand is the fact that the different inputs seem to "hear" different. Maybe ckemper or hjscheffler can explain the differences with both of the inputs to me... As for me a signal from the PU is a signal from the PU no matter what kind of device listens to it. In my opinion the Signal should be the same, even if the inputs are different somehow.

Gerne auch in deutsch per PN oder Email, das macht es vielleicht ein wenig einfacher.

skintrade and lasvideo:
    The wordclock for SPDIF can be left out as i do not use that kind of professional equipment at the moment.

So let my try to explain what i did.

At first i recorded the clicks. you can hear them here: http://c-philipps.com/kemper_clicking.mp3
    I switched to different profiles with different gain levels (the one with the massive humming was a clean one with volumes turned to the max)

I set the volume to an extreme level so that the click is really present. But even with normal settings you have the clicks in the background which is really disturbing, even if its not that present as in my recordings.

I checked the room again for every kind of ticking thing. There is nothing.

I made a reset and uploaded the Beta Firmware again, but still the clicks were there.

To test if the source could be the only clock in my place, i took the kemper to the living room where a clock is there. At first there was nothing but then it appeared.
    I moved the guitar in any direction and could hear it no matter where the PUs were pointing. It is the same as in the music room. So warmer/colder will not really help, i think.

To give it a try i held the clock directly in front of the PUs but it was another sound. And only if the clock was in a range of 10-15cm from the PUs.

The only thing that is clear now is that the click is really in time with the one of the clock. They were not perfect "in time", but the same "bpm" (1hz :rolleyes: )

I checked the Input sources and it only happens in the front input with a connected guitar. No matter if it is connected by cable or wireless (Sennheiser EW G2, which i also unpowered to check if it was the source).

While the wireless or cable where plugged in to the alternative input, there was nothing.

Unfortunately i couldn´t check the SPDIF but after the alternative in is doing fine, i think its not necessary at all.

Is there any kind of frequency generator in the Kemper that could be the source?

I hope my post is not written too confusing

As i think it could be the same problem i don´t want to open a new thread.
    This morning i noticed some clicking every second when i don´t play. Its only noticeable in profiles where the gain is above the 50% of the LED ring.

If the volume is turned down completely on the guitar (all of my guitars btw. ) the click is gone. I muted the strings with a piece of foam to make shure the is no string movement that can cause a sound. The clicking is still there.
    The indicating LED on the input side is off but the output side blinks with every click. Its very regular, about every second.

At first i thought about some kind of watch/clock in the room, but there is nothing. It doesn´t even matter where the guitar is positioned in the room.

I don´t know how to explain it further.
    Also i will check the clean profiles too on maximum volume to make sure that there is nothing. If it helps, i can put some sound files online to check this issue.

Firmware is the 2.4.2 and was the Public Beta before.

Hallo dann auch noch mal hier im deutschen Bereich!

Wie im Introduce yourself » schon geschrieben habe ich jetzt ein Jahr mit mir gekämpft. Grund war mitunter auch der noch nicht erhältliche Footswitch. Mittlerweile nutze ich aber den Midi Out meines Line6 Flextone Heads und finde dass das ganz gut funktioniert. Auch die Endstufe funktioniert soweit in Kombination mit dem KPA ganz ordentlich. Zusätzlich habe ich noch einen 50W Röhrenverstärker der auch ganz gut mit dem Kemper harmoniert.
    Beide Amps und dann noch über die PA im Proberaum und ich mach mich bei meinen Mitmusikern vollkommen unbeliebt :thumbup:

Spaß beiseite: Mein Ziel ist es, in der nächsten Zeit eine praktikable Lösung für ein Pedalboard zu finden, welche auch im finanziellen Rahmen bleibt. FCB1010 mit Uno oder dergleichen gefällt mir wegen der separaten Stromversorgung des Pedals nicht. Auch der Mod mit 7Pin Midi und Strom darüber ist mir nicht so sympathisch.

Liebäugeln tue ich mit der KempLine Lösung, da mir das L6 FloorBoard sehr gefällt. Da muss ich aber nochmal bei den Erbauern nachhaken.

Ebenso will ich eine portable Monitorlösung. Eine aktive Box wäre mir am sympathischsten, da ich dann auf die (schwere) Endstufe im Rack verzichten kann.

Mal schauen wie lang die Honeymoon Phase noch andauert....

Grüße in die Runde
    Christian

I decided that it was the time to get this "magic little" toy :D

After watching nearly all Kemper related videos on youtube and checking out every article i could find, i took some day off to visit the nearest store that had a unit in stock.

The first test with an Marshall Poweramp via Engl 4x12 was very disappointing :thumbdown: ... until i realized that the Cab Signal was sent to the Amp... After turning that off i fell absolutely in Love 8o

So now an unpowered rack version is sitting on my desk at home and waiting to be fully discovered.

For rehearsals i am planning to use my old Line6 Flextone 1 as monitor and with the Midi out i can switch the profiles on the Kemper as well ^^
    This should work at first.

Maybe i will get me an FRFR active Box someday... we´ll see.