Posts by mmarchi21

Hello. I have read the manual but I'm still confused. The ASM-12 has an XLR input connection and I would only have 1 (not 2). I have a Powered Kemper Profiler so I understand that I would turn the powered option off and I assumed I would go from the Monitor out into the powered FRFR but there is no XLR connection in the Monitor Out area. Do I use the Main Output and just the Left XLR output connection? I just can't figure this out with your help.

Thank you.

Mike

Hi folks,

I am really leaning towards using my 4x10 cab with the KPA to get that real amp feel but it appears most of the commercial packs are all studio profiles. I found a few incredible DI profiles from Top Jimi in one of his packs and I've searched through the Commerical Rigs thread and I was wondering if you senior experts could point me to a few companies to look at. I've also looked at everything in Rig Manager that has DI/Direct or N/A for the cabinet. I think I've gone to 10+ websites but I may be missing something...

I'd love to see some Merged / DI profiles for Two Rock, Fender, Fuchs, Dr. Z..... I'm more of a light breakup type guy and I've only found a few commercial examples for example, Super Reverbs, and 1-2 examples on the Rig Exchange.

Separate from that my next step is to create some DI profiles myself which I hope to get to this week. Thanks for your help!

Mike

Hello KPA experts. I've been digging through the manuals but I can't seem to find an answer to my question. I'm currently running into my 4x10 and I have Monitor Cab set to off. I do have some commercially purchased rigs on my KPA from Britt, Top Jimi, and The Amp Factory. I have not started creating any direct profiles yet (just got the unit yesterday).

However, I'm trying to understand the use of the Cabinet button when using the KPA this way because it is "on" for most of my rigs. I would have assumed it would be "off" automatically because I'm using my own cabinet and I have Monitor Cab set to off. Is there a global option to turn it off or do you most of you run with it on (or off) when using a standard guitar cabinet?

It would seem that if you are running with it "on" you have a Cabinet in your stack and that then runs into a real guitar cabinet. Or, if this documented someplace I'm happy to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm struggling with my options. So much has changed since I had my Kemper unit!! I have a great 4x10 Two-Rock cabinet with Weber NeoMag speakers which, in general, are neutral speakers. It is just such a great sounding cab with almost every amp I have. I also still have my non-powered Atomic CLR. I previously missed the cabinet feel with the Atomic CLR but perhaps that goes away with the new PureCab feature.

To provide a bit more information I do still have a number of commerical profiles I purchased from The Amp Factory. All of this was before Rig Manager was available. Are those profiles studio profiles where I could not convert them into direct profiles anyway? (Or how do I tell??)

I guess my options are to

1. Use my non powered Atomic CLR with the new PureCab feature to see if that addresses my previous concerns.
    2. Try my 4x10 cab with the profiles I have and create and find some direct profiles

Or if I am missing something I am open to ideas. Thanks for your help everyone!

Hi. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question but I could not find an answer after searching through the forums. I am a previous Kemper owner who may jump back in.

My preference has been to play through a guitar cab vs. a monitor. I just like the way a cabinet feels and sounds. If I'm reading things correctly Direct Profiles appear to get me what I want to leverage my guitar cabs vs. using a Studio Profile and turning off the cabinet function. Or, I could use Merged profile and turn off the cabinet option there I assume since the amp and cab are separated.

I have some of my old commerical studio profiles and I am wondering if there is there a way to convert them into Direct Profiles with 3.x? Or, am I misunderstanding which type of profile is best to use to get me to the best place with a guitar cab. Thanks.

Mike

Hey guys,

I've got the Power Head and until last evening had been playing through monitor speakers. Decent ones but not the highest end stuff. BUT, at 8:30 pm last night my Atomic Passive CLR arrived and the difference in sound quality is significant. Wow!! I've only been able to play at low volume so far but I hope to crank it up this evening to really test it out but I think that for those of you that are used to playing through a combo amp or head/cabinet will find that the Kemper with a CLR will make it hard to tell the difference once you tweak the settings.

I'm still relatively new to the Kemper world (one week or so in) but I've been able to profile several amps very successfully. The only area I've got to spend some more time on is with my Kot (King of Tone) stomp box as part of a rig because that's the only area I've not been really able to dial in to replicate my live environment. (I've got the KoT between the Kemper and Amp Input as the manual states)... Of course if there are suggestions on how to profile an amp with stomp boxes please let me know. (I do need to re-check the Wiki which I've not done yet).. I feel like I'm going through a crash course with a lot more to still learn...

Mike

Hello Kemper experts,

I'm on Day 0 (My Kemper Profling Amp arrives later today) and I've had a chance to read some of the threads on naming and organizing rigs to keep things straight. Maurzio's naming convention and the work he's done seems like a great start for me and I'm eager to upload his latest set of rigs.

My question is on whether I still need to keep the standard rigs that come with the system or if I should remove them all before installing his backup set of rigs so that I do not have duplicate entries. Or, if there is a recommended process documented someplace please let me know.

Any advice would be appreciated. I plan to start digging in this evening.

Thanks!

Mike