Posts by theoptimizersARA

I've opened a trouble ticket. They emailed me today that they emailed me last week. I could've deleted it somehow by accident, stranger things have happened. But I've been waiting in earnest for their response, so I doubt it. I'm waiting for them to resend the instructions they said they sent me.

Kemper is usually very good about responding. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Good luck.

I'd like to see if I can help. Please forgive me if I ask obvious questions.

1. Are you plugging directly into a port on your computer (rather than a USB hub)?
    2. Are you using any VM (Virtual Box, VMWare, etc.)?
    3. Could you (or have you already) uninstalled RM, rebooted, and re-installed the latest RM?
    4. Do you by chance have another PC available (just trying to isolate the problem to the PC or the KPA USB connection)?

Just from the symptoms, it seems to either be a problem with the driver installation on the PC, or the USB connector on the KPA. If you can't connect to another PC, I'd open a support ticket with Kemper.

Don't know if I understand you correctly but I haven't found a guitar app yet that streams audio via bluetooth.
    Bias, Jamup, etc. they don't.
    OTOH it's no problem to stream audio via bluetooth from iTunes, Spotify, Youtube.

This surprises me. You are correct, the output from BIAS won't stream to my only BT device (my car radio).

There should be no reason that a bluetooth headphone can't play anything that would be routed to the speakers or wired headphone jack. Unless the device plugged into the iOS device (in my case, Line 6 Sonic PORT) is intercepting the output. This seems wrong to me. ?(

No, they don't, and when I place them in my local folder, they are not recognized within the browser, of the KPA. It sure has me stumped.

If by "local folder" you mean the "Local Library" folder, those profiles are not on the KPA. So, they won't show up on the KPA. My profiler is identified by the default "My Profiler" folder. Profiles in this folder show up in the KPA browser.

If your profiler doesn't show up as a seperate folder (with a KPA looking icon), then you aren't connected via USB. And that would explain why you aren't getting previews.

This was mentioned in a different thread. But, I was hoping to get some discussion here...

It's about time for a simple 'like' system à la Facebook. I've been saying this for ages.

The problem with that is some good profiles don't get tried much, or even at all. So, a profile with 10 likes would rarely be better than a profile with 1 like.

What would be best would be an "Amazon" type rating system. So, you could click the 5-star and 1-star ratings, to see who and why they gave the rating. On Amazon, you can click the 1-star rating link and read why they didn't like something. If someone were to give 1-star ratings to all low gain profiles (because they just don't like them), a person could regard the comment in relation to their own tastes.

But, I fear this would be a major website effort.

It's about time for a simple 'like' system à la Facebook. I've been saying this for ages.

The problem with that is some good profiles don't get tried much, or even at all. So, a profile with 10 likes would rarely be better than a profile with 1 like.

What would be best would be an "Amazon" type rating system. So, you could click the 5-star and 1-star ratings, to see who and why they gave the rating. On Amazon, you can click the 1-star rating link and read why they didn't like something. If someone were to give 1-star ratings to all low gain profiles (because they just don't like them), a person could regard the comment in relation to their own tastes.

But, I fear this would be a major website effort.

You can install over the old version, the only downside is that you increase the list of installed programs in the Windows control panel.
    The already downloaded rigs from Rig Exchange won't be lost.

So, is the preferred method to install the new version first, then uninstall the previous version?

Or, will we still have the downloaded rigs from Rig Exchange if we uninstall the previous version before installing Beta #2?

I wasn't sure which to get after I found an inexpensive used FCB on Craigslist. They weren't too much, so I ordered both. I ordered the Uno on the 6th, the Eureka on the 7th. On February 8th, I was notified the Eureka was shipped, I got it on the 10th. Nice!

I plugged in the EurekaPROM and it does everything it's supposed to do. It's a heck of a lot better than programming the FCB myself.

I still haven't heard a peep from the UnO4Kemper people. But, they do have my PayPal payment.

If you're on the fence, go with EurekaPROM. At least you'll get what you pay for.

[EDIT]

OK, so exactly the day when my impatience got to me, the UnO4Kemper arrived. Perhaps it took a week longer because it came from another country (Belgium). It did arrive in a reasonable amount of time. Now, I have to figure out if I want to open up the FCB again. 8|

Really?

- Uninstalling a driver is something you shouldn't trigger. When a driver is introduced to the system, it usually stays there. This goes for all drivers I know of.
    - The local app data stays there, we assume that >99% do want to keep their settings when uninstalling and installing again a later version etc.
    - The registry settings comprise of about 1k of data, the same thing applies to that (settings usually want to be kept)

I disagree with each of your statements.

1. The OP is correct. There are many reasons that a user may choose to uninstall a driver. It might later be discovered it doesn't interact well with other drivers, it might be replaced by another vendor's driver, etc. Uninstall should get rid of it. Perhaps a reboot may be required, but it should be gone after uninstall. Every software manufacturer knows this.

2. Your assumption is way off, and regardless of the percentage of people who want to keep their data, the rest want it gone. A good uninstaller should give a user the option to keep or remove it.

3. Uninstallers should clean up their registry entries. Some use the registry to determine whether their product has ever been installed, but it's best practice for the uninstaller to remove whatever has been created by the app.

[EDIT: I noticed the registry key mentioned by the OP is "HKCU\Software\Kemper Amps". This is not the RigManager subkey. This is manufacturer key, which might be used for other products, so this key may be left in case other products are installed]