Posts by RedGuitars

As a still fairly new Kemper owner, I definitely don't know all of the features/functionality of the Kemper. I've watched some of the Kemper official videos, and some from outside sources. I would love to see some more short how-to's up on YouTube.

I still struggle with the differences between Browser and Performance mode for instance - and I can't find anything on YouTube about that.

They don't need to be long - just short how-to's...

Thanks!

Yep - still fairly new/recent into my Kemper experience, but I have zero regrets.

The original poster (IMO) was certainly trolling at some level... coming to a Kemper forum, with very few posts, to basically criticize the product... sounds like trolling to me. If you're so "turned off" by the USB, then why even join this forum? Go get on the Line 6 or Axe FX forums and just leave us alone...

Thanks everybody! I wish the rig list of the amps that come stock could be exported to Excel so I could sort it. You can sort in Rig Manager, but it doesn't include all the stock profiles - either that, or what I see on the Kemper web site rig list doesn't match what I see in Rig Manager...

Anyway - loving the testing of profiles and the Kemper in general - and I haven't even looked at effects yet, or tweaking and re-saving a new 'my version' of a profile, or profiling my PRS Dallas amp (which I did not see on the rig exchange).

One thing I really like are the three all the time tuner lights - nothing to click or stomp to tune, just play each string and watch the lights - awesome!

Those Yammy monitors are nice and compact... What model are they? And what size speaker?

The PA is a Yamaha StagePas 300. It's an older model portable PA. I think then they made a 300 and larger 500. I think the newer ones are 400 and 600 series, with bluetooth and USB and some other options I don't have. But it was enough to plug the Kemper into, so it beat buying a powered unit and cabinet since I'm just starting out.

I have an acoustic buddy that bought the newer version recently and he's been happy with his too.

Mine are 8" mains with a small horn and Thiele type port at the bottom. The small PA unit you can see next to the Kemper fastens into the back of one of the speakers. The other has storage for all of the required cords/cables. Both speakers have built in handles. Very portable and much smaller than the larger Fender Passport unit that I tried before.

I know at one point there was a Kemper logo'ed cabinet on Facebook or one of these forums. Now that I own a Kemper, what was the scoop on those pictures - future release?

Thanks.

I'm a new owner/user too, and I had a similar struggle. I don't have my Kemper connected to my PC, but I do have the Rig Manager software installed on the PC, and I created a local library where I copy downloaded rigs or rigs from the RM.

What the manual doesn't tell you is once you put a USB drive in the slot on the Kemper, go to browser mode and wait for the External Storage option to appear at the top of the screen. From there, the buttons above allow you to format the drive, and/or import/export rigs. The manual does tell you which folders to use. For firmware updates, copy the kaos.bin to the OS Update folder. For importing rigs/profiles, copy those to the Shared folder.

Thought some of you might be able to recommend some profiles/authors for some of these

Mesa Mark V - Downloaded a recent one recommended here today, just haven't installed it.
    Bogner Shiva - same as above
    Marshall JVM205
    Marshall Bluesbreaker 1974
    Marshall DSL 50
    Fender Twin Reverb
    Fender Deluxe Reverb
    Fender Vibro King
    Dr Z MAz Jr/Sr
    Dr Z Remedy
    Matchless Independence
    PRS DG 50
    PRS Super Dallas
    PRS DA/HX
    Fuchs ODS 50
    Rivera Chubster
    Rivera Fandango

Cali Strawberry Blond or Fishman Loudbox for acoustic

Thanks!

Is or will there be an easier way to search the Rig Exchange without scrolling through 300 pages?

I am looking for profiles for what I think are some fairly common amps, but a lot of them don't show up in the search...

Mesa Mark V
    Marshall JVM205
    Marshall Bluesbreaker 1974
    Marshall DSL 50
    Fender Twin Reverb
    Fender Deluxe Reverb
    Fender Vibro King
    Dr Z Maz Jr
    Dr Z Remedy
    Matchless Independence
    PRS DG 50
    PRS Super Dallas
    Fuchs ODS 50
    Bogner Shiva
    Rivera Chubster
    Rivera Fandando

Or anyone have or know where I can find good profiles for any of these?

Thanks.