Posts by malleus

Is it better to have the EQ before or after the stereo loop.

That's down to personal taste. I prefer the loop in x slot because the mod slot is stereo.

I.e. if you use a trem in x slot and a stereo loop in mod slot, your trem is going to be mono. If you change the order (loop in x, trem in mod slot), your trem is stereo ;) Doesn't matter for eq though.

I'm afraid I can't solve this :/

- Does the eq in x slot get applied if you turn off fx loop in mod slot?

- Does your output menu look like this? (direct output greyed out and set to off saying 'used for effect loop')

Next issue I have is that if my EQ block is before the FX loop (i.e. in the X slot) and the Stereo FX loop is in the MOD slot, the EQ doesn't get applied. If I put the EQ block AFTER the Stereo Loop (i.e. Stereo Loop in X slot, EQ in MOD slot) it DOES get applied.

That doesn't happen on my Kemper. Try verifying it with some radical eq settings (i.e. the eq telephone preset). Have you set the output that you listen to (main or monitor or headphone out) to master stereo/mono?

You can't use 'monitor stereo', if you want to use a fx loop as both use the direct out (send) of the Kemper.

The stereo fx loop is a mono send, stereo return loop. Use a stereo loop in x slot, connect the direct out (send) of the Kemper to the input of the Mimiq and the two outputs of the Mimiq to return and alternative input of the Kemper.

Was halt seltsam ist, dass so ziemlich fast alle anderen Funktionen (Tuner, Rig Up-/Down, Stomps, Delay, Reverb ect. abschalten) ohne Probleme funktioniert.

Das klingt wirklich seltsam, Support anschreiben oder weiter rumprobieren mit Polarität und Kalibrierung.

Ich habe auch zwei verschiedene Schalter, die ich beim Wechsel stets neu kalibrieren und die Polarität einstellen muss, damit der Looper richtig läuft. Die anderen Funktionen wie z.B. Tuner funktionieren auch vor dem Kalibrieren schon - der Looper hingegen nicht oder nur teilweise (kein Stop etc.). Also teste noch ein wenig rum, ich hätte noch Hoffnung ;)

Is it just me or is everyone here missing the point that the "monitor out" is an non-powered connection in both the profiler without power amp and the 600Watt version?
    Seems to me that that is a connection that is meant to be used to go either to a mixer or to a powered monitor wedge or such.

Those this makes sense?

You are right ;) He has use the speaker output!

I've once asked the support, if you could use the "monitor out" (sic) to drive a cab as it is indeed loud enough to drive a cab for playing at home.
    German Answer: "Der Ausgangstreiber ist zwar kurzschlussfest, ein andauernder Betrieb mit 8 Ohm <kann> aber zur Überhitzung und damit zum Defekt des Ausgangstreibers führen. Wir raten daher von dieser Art der Verwendung ab."
    Translation: "Monitor out is a short-circuit-proof output. Constant use with 8 Ohms <can> lead to overheating which could lead to a defect of the monitor out. We advise against using it this way."

@malleus ich glaube ich habe mich falsch ausgedrückt. Ich nutze das fc-5 nicht als "Pedal" ala wah wah oder ähnlichem, sondern als reinen switch. Ich wollte damit ja den looper aktivieren. Da war die Polarität egal. Es hat bei beiden nicht geklappt.

Das habe ich auch nicht so verstanden. Polarität ist dennoch nicht egal.

Schließe FC5-Taster als Pedal 1 direkt an. Unter "System" auf "Mode: Mono Switch", "Polarity: Normal", "Switch Tip: Looper Start" und kalibriere den Taster wie beschrieben. (Den zweiten FC5 als Pedal 2 mit gleichen Einstellungen außer "Switch Tip: Looper Stop")
    Sollte es dann nicht tun, ist der FC5 wohl doch kein Taster und die obige Website hat gelogen...dann könnteste den mal aufschrauben und nachmessen ;)

Aktuell nutze ich ein yamaha fc-5.
    Sind dafür nur bestimmte Schalter kompatibel? Also ich bekomme in der Kalibrierung Signale angezeigt, aber es reagiert nicht.
    Andere Funktionen habe ich aktuell noch nicht probiert. Werde ich mal machen.
    Wäre blöd, wenn ich jetzt doch noch andere Fußschalter benötige.

Der Kemper benötigt "momentary switches" zu deutsch also Taster, die nur während des Drückens schließen (normally open, Kemper Polarity Einstellung: Inverse) bzw. öffnen (normally closed, Kemper Polarity Einstellung: Normal). Laut dieser Seite ist der Yamaha FC5 ein solcher (normally closed) Taster. Den Kemper also auf Polarity "Normal" stellen und Taster kalibrieren, indem "Kalibrieren" gehalten wird und währenddessen einmal der Taster betätigt wird.

Dual Momentary Footswitch (kostet 20-30€, noch günstiger selbst zu bauen...) und ich hab alles, was ich brauche. Loop starten, anhalten, overduben und löschen sollte doch reichen für den Anfang :P

(Reverse und Half-Time brauch ich einfach nicht :D Und den Looper Pre/Post-Mode will ich auch nicht während des Loopens umschalten.)

Now play with cabinet button on and off. There is a significant sound difference. This should not be, right?
    This behavior is particularly happening with high gain sounds. Sounds with no gain are hardly effected.
    Can you reproduce this?

That's the normal behaviour, that I can reproduce.

Ok, thank you. However - monitor cab off checked (activated) makes the difference between the sounds (cabinet on and off) even more significant. There should not be any difference, right?

There shouldn't be any difference on monitor out. (Of course there is a difference on other outputs like main or headphone out!).
    Activating (checking) "monitor cab off" should do the same as turning off the cabinet.

What makes you thinking that the cab is really programmed in the exact same spot as the soft-buttons are arranged? :D (That's not the case but Kemper keeps it secret where it "really" is. So it could easily be behind your loop-slot.)

If you open a ticket, let us know the answer. That could be enlightened :)

If you did correctly what you described it should work. There should be no differences between monitor cab off and cabinet off. Furthermore in release 5.3.1.13085 there is none.

I checked this by reamping the same riff over and over with different settings and inverting the phase in one track. If those tracks are identical you hear nothing. That's the case, as you can "see" in the picture below. So either you've got a defective unit or defective ears :D ...or they've changed something in the public betas. Please give us some sound samples and tell us which firmware version you've got.

Changing settings like low shift in the cabinet does make a difference even if the cabinet is off. But that's known and not part of your problem as it appears in both cases (monitor cab off and cabinet off).