Posts by malleus

I know my exact dB-values for rehearsal and home and now I have scroll through the output menu to get them instead of using the master. If you ask me this change is completely stupid. Sorry!

Idea for improvement: Put the dB-values on right side of the new bars, so you see them when turning the master volume.

Cheers, Stefan

The issue is having a computer (running Rig Manager) and the Remote connected to the Profiler at the same time causes power management problems. Or something like this. The only "fix" is to disconnect the computer.

That's what I was thinking after disconnecting my computer as I didn't have any freezes since then. So thanks for confirming! :)

You're right with Studio-Profiles. If you use Merged-Profiles (what I normally use in my Performances) the cab-parameters only affect the Main-Outs.

I wish you didn't get it wrong, but I'm afraid merged profiles behave like studio profiles - I've just tested to be sure. If you alter the cab, the sound with "monitor-cab off" changes, too ;)

This is new for me. The text of the linked page say that it is for Relay G50/G90 Systems.I think about to buy a new Sender for G30 for an additional guitar . This would be a good alternative.

Is it possible to work with both transmitters (G30, G50) on different guitars. Of course only one guitar would be switched on.

It works as Ingolf said.

And it even works the other way round (G30 transmitter to G50 receiver), which resulted in the most confusing soundcheck of my life :D I was playing a G30 into Kemper and the main act, who had done soundcheck before, had a G50 into Kemper and left it all on. Therefore I way playing through both Kempers as we had set the same channels set on the Line6. Took us about 3 minutes to realise, where the second sound came from... :D

If some of you have 4.2 or 5.0 installed would you liek to help and see if this profile works ? recording a very short clip would be very helpful

Hi Bommel,
    it doesn't work. I've played the same riff twice - with and without the Recti Shaper. (Only if you alter the ducking parameter to extreme values (-5 or +5), you get a more audible sound.)
    Cheers,
    Stefan

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hm...I just tried on my rig with a 2x12 cab. I really can't hear a difference with or without cab engaged in the stack section. At least not on the 5 rigs in the performance I tried. I could hear the artifacts for a second or so after switching, but turning effects off, and pause playing for a second at the time of switching...I couldn't hear a difference. This is with the 5.0 beta.

It didn't change with firmware updates. There is only a minor difference from a direct profile to the same profile with cab as the algorithm that subtracts the cab afterwards seems to be really precise. However you will notice a huge difference if you add a cab and turn it off and then change the low and high shift to +5.0 even though the cab shouldn't be "active".

@wayman Regarding the processing power that's just my assumption. I can't think of another reason why Kemper is subtracting the cab afterwards and not calculating two independent signal paths (one with and one without cab). Grabbing a signal in between for stack and mod shouldn't cost too much processing power afaik ;)

Hi wayman,

that is not a bug, that is the normal behaviour and you've got good ears ;) You hear it drastically if you max high and low shift in the cab-section.

As far as I know the Kemper only calculates one stereo sound with cab that you know as Master Stereo (or Mono). If you turn the cab off (either via monitor cab off or in the signal chain) the Kemper then calculates the cab off from your finished Master Stereo. There is no second calculation of all the delays etc. with a sound that doesn't have a cab. The cab is simply subtracted at the end.
    However you can grab the signal at various points in the calculating chain. For example you can get it after Stack or Mod. If you turn the cab off you then get the signal after the stack- (or mod-)section with cab and then the cab gets subtracted.

Now you could ask: But, why? :D Well, just think about the processing power you would need to calculate two complete signals too achieve only a slightly better cab separation that most of the users haven't even heard of, yet...
    (That cursive written part is only my assumption that explains all those behaviours of the Kemper. If anybody from Kemper could confirm this, I would be glad :) )

Is there a solution to your problem? Alter the cab so that you like your cab-on-sound. Turn the cab off for the monitor output and use the monitor eq in the output-section to change the sound coming from your real cab. I know that this is a workaround, but I think that should be the best way to not interfere with your sound on the main outs.

Cheers and don't let those stuff spoil your fun playing ;)
    Stefan

PS: That happens on studio and merged profiles. It affects direct profiles in the same way as soon as you add a cab - you don't even have to merge them for that behaviour. (I've just tested)

In front of the Kemper: Free the Tone Gigs Boson, Digitech Bad Monkey
    In stereo loop: ABY-Box, Neunaber Wet Reverb, Strymon Deco (Doubletracker always on), Strymon Timeline

I'm trying to size it down, but I haven't found a way to substitute especially the fat ones :D

I've just made a similar comparison with the Strymon Deco Doubletracker. I used the "BM Sold 99 Cases Dist 2"-profile (stock) without reverb.

Part 1: Single Track - Part 2: Deco Doubletracker - Part 3: Real Doubletracking

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,
    Stefan :)