Posts by malleus

I know these are feature requests, but has anyone just gone ahead and added an Eventide H9/Space, Boss RV-5/6/7 or Strymon or other units to your effects loop? I put my Digitech RP360XP in my effects loop because it has "Lexicon" reverbs in it, but the Kemper 'verb sounded cleaner. The Digitech wasn't bad, it just wasn't clean enough. Their rack unit may have better AD/DA or algorithms?

I'm using a Strymon Timeline and a Neunaber Wet/Shimmer Reverb. It sounds really cool but you still get sudden peaks when using them in the loop...that has been reported a year ago, but isn't fixed, yet :(
    ( More info: sudden peak when using stereo set up througt effect return )

If you connect your vocal-signal to the Return (or Alternative) Input, it doesn't appear on any output as long as you don't increase the Aux-In level in the Output Menu. Via Aux-In it is possible to route your vocals to Main or Headphone Output. As the Aux-In expects a stereo signal, you either have to connect the vocal-signal to Return and Alternative Input or your vocals are added to the guitar signal only left (Return Input) or right (Alternative Input). Now you have to increase the Aux-In level for the Headphone Output. You shouldn't send your vocals back to FOH via Main Output, so connecting your Headphone Output to the FRFR-monitor is the only possibility. Be aware that the Headphone Output is obviously stereo and many monitors don't have a stereo-input, so you need a stereo-to-mono cable depending on the monitor inputs.
    I think that this is the only possibility to do it with the Kemper. I would still recommend using Ingolf's method, if your monitor does have two inputs.

Thanks for your test, Ingolf ;)
    Could you observe any problems with Wifi when using the WI? (Or the other way round?)

I'm afraid those dropouts you experience when using the WI for IEM are due to physics. Using higher frequencies results in a higher damping of the signal as the receiver is attached to the body which is basically water. It isn't that much of a problem when the receiver stands free (e.g. guitar wireless).
    (For those who understand German, there was a discussion about IEM-systems using higher frequencies in Musiker-Board.)

Hi Guitarjazzman,

your idea should work flawlessly, if you connect the mixer aux to the Kemper Alternative AND Return Input, otherwise you hear the signal only left or right. It was requested a while ago to implement a mono/stereo switch for the Kemper Aux In, but I'm afraid that isn't a feature, yet...

To connect headphones and guitar to the Kemper Input and Headphone Out I've used a twin microphone cable (Mogami 3106 or Cordial CMK 422), but you can tie your guitar and headphone cable together as well. I didn't like it too much because it kept tangling whenever I used it...but I'm moving quite a bit on stage :D I'm now using a wireless although the sound quality was better with the cable. I've also used a Fischer Amps Mini Bodypack to have a master volume for my headphones within reach. If plan to get a good cable solution, I would go for the Sommer Cable Tricone Symasym, which came out recently. That shouldn't tangle too much because the guitar and headphone cable are housed in one round cable.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Kemper Monitor Out --> Messa(?) Combo Return
    Kemper Main Out Left --> active FRFR speaker no. 1
    Kemper Main Out Right --> active FRFR speaker no. 2
    (Kemper Direct Out --> active FRFR speaker no. 3, if you want to use that many :D )

Go to the Kemper Output Menu and make sure "Monitor Cab Off" is ticked and Main Output is set to "Master Stereo", Monitor Output to "Master Mono" (and Direct Out to "Master Mono" ;) )

Monitor and Direct Output are independent but they can be handled together ;)

That's how it's done:

• Go to Output Page 1 and set Monitor Output to Master Left and Direct Output to Master Right. (Deactivate the loop if you have set it in the stomps or effects section.)
    • Go to Output Page 2 and set Monitor Output Volume and Direct Output Volume to -∞ (minus infinity), then check only Monitor Out Link and Direct Out Link.
    • Use the Master Volume and you're done ;)

The disadvantage is that you will still hear the cab on the Direct Output :(
    Kemper, give us a "Monitor Cab Off" button for the Direct Output, too...that would be great! ;)

Zusammengefasst Stereo out mit Cab fürs Inear und Stereo out ohne Cab für Bühnenamp mit Stereoboxe. Wird dann mit zwei Miks abgenommen und aufs PA geroutet. Geht das überhaupt?

Nein, so geht's leider nicht ganz.

Am Main Output bekommst du zwei Stereosignale mit Cab (insgesamt vier Buchsen - zwei Klinke, zwei XLR). Die kannst du zum Inear-Mixer schicken und auch zum FOH, dann sparst du dir das Mikrofonieren gleich ;)
    Am Monitor Output bekommst du das Signal ohne Cab, aber mit allen Effekten, in Mono. Es ist leider nicht möglich gleichzeitig ein Stereosignal mit Cab und ein Stereosignal ohne Cab aus dem Kemper zu bekommen.

Alternativ kannst du auch den Headphone Output mit einem Stereosignal mit Cab für Inear nutzen. Dabei steht dir dann noch der Space-Parameter zur Verfügung, der dem Stereosignal subtil mehr Raum hinzufügt, sodass das Signal über Kopfhörer noch angenehmer klingt.

First part was without Pure Cab. Second half was with it active at 4.5.

Thanks for clearing it up. But maaan, that second part sounds so much more fizzy and unpleasant to my ears. That seems to be the reason why Kemper isn't recommending PureCab for metal tones :rolleyes:

Another small test:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For it is ok with this style of playing but with real precise picking things were a little mussy/muddy.

Did you turn off the PureCab at 8sec? It sounds a tad harsher from that point ;)

Thanks Kemper for these new features ;)

Can you already tell the difference between Pure Cabinet on and off in a recording?
    Here's the challenge :D

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Pure Cabinet was set to 5 in one of them...but which? ;) )

Here's the solution, I think all of you got it right :thumbup:
    Sample 1: Pure Cabinet set to 5
    Sample 2: Pure Cabinet off

Hi John,

thanks for your feedback :)
    The major adjustment you mentioned is a second guitar that plays the exact same riff with the same sound, but it's panned hard right. Then there's a third guitar in the end that's panned center and plays just one chord. ;)

I've decided to take this build-up riff to hear what Pure Cabinet does to your sound when you record multiple guitars as you don't need a recording to compare Pure Cabinet on/off for a single guitar :D

Cheers, Stefan

PS: I will post the solution this afternoon...if anybody can't await it, please PM me :D

Thanks Kemper for these new features ;)

Can you already tell the difference between Pure Cabinet on and off in a recording?
    Here's the challenge :D

(Pure Cabinet was set to 5 in one of them...but which? ;) )

//Edit: Click here for solution.

Hey,

I hear a little latency, too. Same goes for the Octaver, etc. But for my taste it's still useful.
    Make sure you don't hear your dry guitar sound, e.g. by using headphones. Otherwise you will always be hearing the latency, because you hear two sounds that are slighty off. And our brain is quite good at recognizing such tiny differences ;) I think if you only hear one of these sounds, you will get used to it.

Just my 2 cents, Stefan