Posts by malleus

Unsere komplette Band ist derzeit digital aufgestellt:
    Schlagzeug: Roland TD30K
    Bass: Behringer V-Bass
    Gitarre 1: Eleven Rack
    Gitarre 2: Kemper
    Alles geht über 8-fach Splitter in die Line6 Stagescape und vom Monitor Out in die InEar Anlage.

Moin,

da hab ich doch gleich mal ein paar Fragen zu ;)

Wie macht ihr das mit dem Drumset? Gebt ihr 8 Kanäle zur FOH oder lediglich ein Stereosignal? (Balanced DI?) Was sagen die Tonmenschen zu E-Drums? :D
    Welche Signale laufen über euren Splitter?
    Reichen die 6 Monitor Outs vom Stagescape für die InEar-Anlage von 4 (oder sogar 5?) Leuten?

Gruß und Dank
    Stefan

There are wireless systems that have digital outs, e.g. that huge Sennheiser Digital 9000, which uses AES-outputs. I think and hope we will see those units become cheaper and more useable for "normal" users like most of us :D

I'm right now fantasizing about a 1u rack unit, that contains a wireless receiver and an iem transmitter with digital (spdif) ins and outs to connect easily to the Kemper. It also could have 2 or more xlr/trs-inputs for a monitoring signal from FOH, which can be mixed with the signal of the Kemper. And not to forget a iec 320 in AND out to power the Kemper, so you won't need those ugly cabling in the back of your rack :rolleyes: If someone (Kemper? :love: ) will develop that unit, I would nominate you for the Nobel Prize :D

Just my two "humbled" cents
    Stefan

I've experimentated a little: The sound only changes with the option "MonitorCabOff" engaged. Via main out the looped sound sounded the same on my tested rigs.

I'm still wondering why this is happening! I've read and experienced that the cabinet alters the sound even if the cab is turned off on the monitor out. Is it possible that this alteration takes place at the end of the whole signalchain? But why should they do that? ?(

//Edit: It's definitely the "MonitorCabOff"-switch that changes the recorded loop. So the CabDriver-algorithm seems to be applied at the end of the signalchain :(

Hey,
    I'm digging this thread up because the topic isn't solved and I've got pretty much the same problem.

I'm using a Strymon Timeline in a locked stereo loop in the x-slot. (I tried mono and mod-slot and all those combinations as well! ;) ) If I record a loop and change the rig afterwards, the sound of the recorded loop gets altered - it thins out or gets more distorted, a little different from rig to rig. Of course modulation, delay and reverb are turned off and won't affect the sound, but the sound definitely changes when switching between rigs. Does anyone else encoutered that problem? I don't want to go back putting the Timeline behind the monitor out just to get the looper working correctly... :rolleyes:

Cheers
    Stefan

If you can live without headphone space and your guitar in stereo, use one of those outputs in the back instead of the headphone out (main, monitor, direct ;) )

Possibly the best way is getting a y-adapter, so your provided mono cable splits into two mono cables - one right, one left.

I like allegretto's idea for a different aspect than having the same volume for all presets!

For me it would be nice to have an adjustable and detachable limiter (only) on the headphone output to set the max level for in ears. So you will be able to hear after your singer - whose voice you've got via aux in - produced some massive feedback with his wedges... :rolleyes: