Posts by brianiac5150

Alright…I’m chiming into this one, as well:

This profile is simply outstanding and this thread is very valuable to me (a new user) in regards to the page 4 back and forth between Guitartone and Ingolf.

I loaded this preset Saturday to check out at a Sunday jam session direct to a couple JBL active PA speakers (no subs) and it sounded great. Last night I ran my KPA MONITOR OUT/NO CAB into my Masters TVA30 combo FX RETURN and this preset was glorious. I then connected my rinky-dink pedal board and everything just went to a whole other level. Not that this can’t be done within the KPA, it’s just what I did: using my Soul Food and/or OCD clean boosting all the way to full on overdrive with different KPA GAIN levels was simply magical.

Super happy with this preset and much appreciation to rmpacheco – albeit he seems to have taken a different path.

Since Sunday, my RM has been extremely slow in loading rigs into the left side explorer area. On Sunday it was simply frozen at 28 in the RIG EXCHANGE section and ALL RIGS was below 1200. I've had it on for an hour this evening and it's at 6897 ALL RIGS and still loading.

Had been working flawlessly for a week on PC and the previous week on OSX.

I purchased a Hosa ODL-276A used recently and it's been working quite well for my KPA into a Steinberg UR824 interface.

I was surprised how scarce these are these days. I saw the cheap-o versions and was hesitant, although for no experienced or informed reason.

Very useful and much appreciated explanation, TomBartels.

I will say...this is something integrated in other hardware and software devices via GUI's and USB connections, therefore, it'd be great to see within the KPA structure.

Reviving this old thread, as it would be a HUGE plus for me and my setup, as well as reduce my concern of constantly pressing buttons to access, edit and exit features, whereby becoming potential break (no function) points over period of use. I've already noticed I have to press the EXIT button a couple times (sometimes) to get it to actually exit and I have a brand new unit.

In my small space, with my KPA head sitting on a rack shelf in a tall rack stand, I have to turn to get to it and it's currently a little lower than I'd prefer, however, it's in the space I have available. A GUI which replicates the unit could remain open (as does Rig Manager) behind my DAW and I'd be golden.

Honestly, in today's software age, I'm quite stumped this is an actual request.

My 2¢ side note from having used the following quite extensively; the Eleven Rack editor seemed quite superior to the Line 6 editor and Two Notes' Torpedo Remote software was even better. I've used Fractal's at one time, however, recall it's depth being quite numbing on first use, but am certain it's a tremendous GUI and invaluable to the unit and it's users.

Pre-Note: Love how the forum pops up other similar subject titles when creating a new post. Very useful tool. Hope I've not duplicated a previous, non-listed topic.

That said; I was able to connect my non-powered KPA to a full range P.A. (Cerwin Vega CVA-28 tops and CVA-118 bottoms) Friday night and it was glorious. How any FOH would not like (if not demand, hehe) this is way beyond me. I can definitely understand the need for stage fill, as well. I've been running my KPA into the FX RETURN on my Masters TVA30 with very good results, however, am really now questioning if I shouldn't be going more with a FRFR stage source. For this I'm leaning toward the Friedman or Yamaha brands.

Coincidentally, I took my Eleven Rack and the other guitarist plugged his POD HD500 into the same system. He's been a major naysayer of this route, especially with the POD (which he uses at least weekly in a live performance environment into an amp return), however, I did some preset making while he was playing and attained very usable results inside his POD direct. The Eleven Rack seemed to have some better "cabinet tone," while the KPA was just simply a whole other level better. As expected: it sounded exactly like an mic'd stage amp, felt great and was...again...glorious.

Anyway...just throwing out this experience.

Your 11R should always be the unit passing audio to and from your computer and to your monitor source if it is your interface. As the interface, you'd have your monitor source connected to the 11R's MAIN OUTS (XLR), although I highly recommend some form of buffer source (mixer, monitor sub-system, etc...) with it's own volume knob between your 11R and monitors to mitigate blowing your speakers.

KPA will always be sending audio (digital, analogue or both) into your 11R. The KPA's routing capabilities are one of the reasons I've sold one of my 11R's and have the other on the market, as well. The 11R is an excellent unit hobbled by its lack of multiple routing capabilities. (just throwing that in there)

Your KPA connected via S/PDIF can pass several signals (look in the OUTPUT menu - hold KPA OUTPUT button - and manual related area for options), connecting the other outputs to your 11R's input can provide several other results, as well. Regardless...with the 11R as your interface, the audio will always be coming from your 11R's output connections. Not necessarily THROUGH it's complete routing, though.

Check out this video, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYyzUDCmG3Y

Well...I've had two weeks with my new Kemper and was finally able to do a quick demo track. I've been through most of the modelers and software and simply was not able to get the tone I was looking for until now. There was always this weird thing going on in the highs...buzzy, fizzy, something...just not right. Problem solved: KPA. I'm excited to get to work on some real tracking and tune-smithing.

This track has the Bogner Shiva heavy (left) and Friedman Browneye (right) rigs from RE with no guitar post processing. S/PDIF into Steinberg UR824.

https://soundcloud.com/breid62/kemperd

Prior to buying it, I scoured the forum looking for this specific case (USA Gator Mini Head Medium) and any images, however, was unable to come across any. If Murphy has his way, someone will likely show me a link after this post, however, iPhone shot the following images last night. This case is extremely well built IMO and IME. Could not recommend it more. Kemper sits very well right on top and seems like it'll be an excellent option for stage placement. It is not a light solution, though.

I had some half inch foam squares (stacked to one inch thickness, which matches the velcro ended stand-offs included with the case) I cut to place behind the KPA and stuck the top section I cut off the back piece in front of the KPA knobs. Fits securely enough that I'm comfortable with it for carry and automobile transport. Little bit o' room on the sides for the power cable and USB. Won't be fitting my twenty foot Rocktron 5-7 MIDI or similar length cables in with it, though.

After a quick bit of thinking and fiddling; I was able to get my Voodoo Labs Ground Control and Mission Engineering EP-11-S working very well with my KPA this past weekend. I have it set in “4 PRST/BANK” mode and can turn on/off (via CC#) the four options before and after the stack. I also have the ME pedal set for the wah or volume and clicking its switch activates the tuner (tuner does not display on GCP). I'm very happy with its function.

That said; this system completely nullifies my HD500 and it's now on the market, along with an M-Audio EX-P and Rondo CNB PDC 410 E BK Pedal Case. Be happy to sell it to a fellow Kemper user, especially one within the NW Ohio, USA, region. :)

I only had the chance to hear these in headphones last night and they sounded tremendous. The "JOSE PISSED" rig is exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait to hear them through a system. THANK YOU!