Posts by Thodin

Hello fellow Kemper users,

I am very sad about it but I need to sell my KPA for private reasons. This forum is the first place I could think of to find a buyer, so please contact me if you are interested.

Technical details:
    - no issues, everything is working perfectly
    - unpowered version
    - rack mountable version
    - mounted in a Thon Rack 3U ECO II Compact 23 which can also be purchased
    - has only been in my living room, rarely used
    - no scratches or anything, the display protection was not removed
    - about 8 months old (bought on 11.12.2013)
    - including manuals
    - some commercial Amp-Factory profiles (~ 20 €)

The Kemper can preferably be picked up directly in Munich, shipping is possible within EU. Make me an offer via PM.

Some photos can be viewed under the following link. I can still upload more on request.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p0a…AAAqJHo13bECMiNgkq-hKDIqa

Just finished my first fully home recorded solo track called "Sun in Spring".
    All rhythm and riff guitars are a SLO-100, the lead guitar is a Fender Twin profile, both provided by TheAmpFactory.
    Bass is a pitch shifted guitar with a TAF Bass profile.
    Drums are sampled with EZ Drummer.
    Everything is recorded through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 into Reaper.

I have no clue which genre you would put this song in, it's probably some kind of Blues-Pop Ballad.

Hope you like it :D

https://soundcloud.com/thodin-1/sun-in-spring

I did some testing and it appears that after about 5 minutes after turning the AI on, the left out channel drops drastically in volume and a lot of fizz appears, so probably somehow broken. Well, that means I now have the permission to buy a new one (which I wanted for a long time already :thumbup: ). The Focusrite scarlett 2i4 is arriving today.

Hello fellow Kemperites,
    thought I'd post here because the forum is just so great and people have been very helpfull here. Today as I was listening to some music, suddenly the left speaker dropped in volume by a lot (was almost not hearable anymore). The speakers are connected to my Alesis MultiMix4 USB audio interface. I first thought the speaker was broken, but I as I changed the leads, it was the right one that was way too quiet. Sometimtes there's also a lot of hiss in the signal. Also tried this when not connected to my PC but to the KPA instead, same result.

Can this mean that the left channel of my AI is broken?

That's a really stomping riff! Personally I like the "no mid guitar" version better, sounds a lot more defined. Although I'd like to have more variety in this song (vocals, lead guitars, maybe an extra riff?), it still has a very nice groove to it :thumbup:

Ah, thanks, that solved the problem! Seems like my USB Stick was flawed. Sad thing is, that all my backups were on this stick and as I tried to restore after factory reset, it messed up some rigs and the favourite list is gone... happy sorting!

At least, 2.3 is now running :thumbup:

I'm having similar problems: Firmware update is running until it reaches "49%, unpacking...", then stops for about 10 seconds and I get the error: "Update has failed", sometimes i can then press ok and the KPA is still running normally, sometimes it won't react anymore and just show me the "Kemper Profiler" Logo.
    Already tried removing all in and outputs (Jacks, XLR, Midi), but the problem stays the same.
    Anyone experiencing similar issues?

/Edit: Tried formatting the USB stick, resetting the KPA to factory, nothing helped, still the same problem.

I tried XLR on the left and the 1/4" jack on the left simultaneousely, and to me this didn't make a difference in sound. Didn't try spdif though, but I'd say it doesn't matter which way you connect the Kemper to your Audio Interface.

Hey,
    I just got used to what the Kemper sounds through my new Rokit FRFR (well, kinda FRFR'ish to be exact) speakers, with all the high end that you wouldn't hear when playing through a cab. And I understand that this high end comes mostly from the mic, which is positioned really close to the speakers. So the sound you hear when playing an amp through a cab is very dependend on where you are, and I was used to not having that much high end, because I don't have my ear right in front of the speaker.

So in the last days I tweaked some high gain profiles to sound good out of my FRFRs, which is great because that's what FOH hears when playing through the PA and it also works out really nice for recording, because I have to do less post EQing.

Now, my question is: If i tweak the profile to sound good on a FRFR system, isn't there a lot of the high end missing when playing through a cab (with cab sim off)? For example, if I wanted to play live with the main out -> PA and the Monitor out into my cab, is it kind of a trade off to have a great FOH sound but a rather dark Cab sound?

Did you ever try to roll off the tone on your guitar? That helped me with gainier sounds.

Yes, I do that a lot and you're right, that helps with high gain sounds. At the moment, I am pretty happy with a combination of tone knob, reducing the cabinet high shift a bit and the amp eq. Seems to work really well!