Posts by glennfin

Ahhh! so we have some "old school" players here! :D Yes, Crimson has always been my favorite band, especially the first 6 or so albums.... along with old Genesis(Gabriel) and Gental Giant.

Love that Mellotron! :thumbup:

Hi Deadpan,,,, thanks for the welcome!. Glad to hear that a Mesa lover loves the profiler! that's encouraging...

I'm looking forward to profiling my Lonestar Special head - Marshall 4x10 cabinet combination in addition to my Express 5:25 1x10. :thumbup:

Welcome glennfin.

I am positive you will not be disappointed with profilers ability to do Mesa tones.

I am a Mesa junkie myself and love the profiler!

Hey welcome, Glenn!
    Be prepared for something different...

Thanks Ingolf!.. even though I've only spent a few moments with the KPA, I'm already excited about really digging into it!. :thumbup:

Any idea why no one's avatars are showing up?..

Howdy folks. Just mounted my brand new KPA rack unit in my studio guitar rig rack. It's been extremely busy the past couple of days here but I did manage to spend a few moments checking out (browsing) the factory rigs. In just the short time I've had to play, I'm already very impressed. Without going into too much detail, let me say that I am and have been a tube amp and preamp snob for very many years. In fact, I have designed many of my own tube amps/preamps and tube distortions over the years. I am a big fan of the mesa circuits/designs. A few years after modelers came out I decided to give them a try, what with all the claims of "just like tubes" "better than tubes" "can't tell the difference"... blah blah blah.... You can guess the rest, what a joke!. The harsh fizzy non-musical distortion, the horrible aliasing and intermodulation distortion was just unbelievable to me!.. How could anyone think this was the same as as good tube distortion circuit?..... I bought and sold quite a few, PODs, and others... just disgusted with the sound. I have to mention, a few years ago I did buy a Digitech GSP1101 because some of the models sounded "ok" and they designed the unit so you could insert your own device in the pre-amp loop bypassing their digital distortion while only using the FX and cabinet sections. I've been using mine with a Mesa Triaxis. Ok so now I've got the KPA and we'll see what we will see!! Honest opinions on the way!

Cheers!

Glenn Fin