Posts by Calaban

It's funny...I'm poor too (self employed musician, guitar teacher, barely scraping by) but I never requested or expected a discount. I just saved my money until I could purchase the KPA (ok I put some of the cost on my CC when I got close....couldn't wait any longer.)

Things cost what they cost.

*Shrug*

It didn't disappear from any version, from what I remember - it should be on the first page of the Rotary effect.

Thats what I remember as well but nope...not there.

I haven't had time to install the latest OS yet but I think I'm experiencing a peculiar glitch.

Hmm. Not seeing it, but I think I'm one firmware version behind

Still not sure why it would disappear from any earlier versions.

I'll update the firmware and report back.

Hi,

I could have sworn that when I got my KPA, there was a button to control the rotary speed when you placed it in a stomp.

Did it disappear in a firmware update? I can't seem to find it anymore. Where am I going wrong here?

Thanks!

I've been listening to the band Dungen a lot recently and I'm wondering if you guys would have any tips as far as getting the Kemper to sound like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao2tdWmSZ8w

I love that vintage fuzz thing he's got going on.

This band was a huge influence on Tame Impala so I'm sort of going for those sounds as well.
    Check it out at about 2:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjeaW48wkPo

I haven't had much luck...looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

I think the existing UI is fantastic for live use, for the most part. I have a few minor quibbles but I can live happily with the way it is.

Where I need an editor is at home. My KPA is not in a very convenient spot....can't be helped. I need to reach back and to my right, and my aging shoulder doesn't like it one bit. Especially if I have to get in the menus for a few minutes. Ow.

Having it all right there in front of me would be perfect.

Christmas is coming....maybe if we've all been good enough jolly Christoph "Kringle" Kemper will give us our editor (and spring verb!)

I know what's going to happen when they finally put spring reverb in the Kemper,
    Everyone's going to complain "it doesn't sound like the one in MY amp"
    I've owned a lot of amps in my time, and no 2 models have the same reverb.
    Most fender models don't have a similar sounding verb.
    All depends on the tank and the cirquit layout.
    Whatever one Kemper choose to model will inevitably be "the wrong one"

Well hopefully it will be very tweakable, so it will please the greatest number of people.

The spring reverb in my Fender Pro keeps dying on me...to the point where I've given up on fixing it.
    I have been using a SubDecay Super Spring Theory and it's fantastic....very realistic and very tweakable.

If they manage to squeeze something like that into the KPA, I will be a very happy man.

Don I understand that placing a pure boost with a negative value in front can tame the volume of the fuzz, but wouldn't it be easier to release a new version with the volume tamed already?
    It's too bad to lose a slot by adding a new stomp in order to tame the fuzz

I don't know anything about the process so please forgive my ignorance. It just seems to me that getting the volume under control on the fuzz stomp itself would be the best option.

Thanks!

Savagery like this has no place in our world in 2015.

Best wishes and deepest condolences to all in Paris and all of the great nation of France.

-Your brothers and sisters in the USA

I have created an editor, which can control all KPA parameters via MIDI. The only thing which is not supported is effect control. There are too many parameters to control and I haven't found a way to get the current effect setiings for any slot. Because parameters are different for each effect, it's not possible to create a consistent control page for each slot/effect. If someone knows, how to get the current settings from the KPA via MIDI, please advise.

While I don't have the information you need, I'm very interested in your editor.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication Andy.

I have many of your profiles and I love nearly all of them. They are a joy to play and I'll continue to use them for the life of my Kemper...and beyond! I'm looking forward to your final pack and I wish you the best moving forward.

While everything Dougc84 said above is correct, for most of his career Trey has used his old Mesa MK3 from like 1986 or something. 2x 212 cabinets, both homemade. You could just get by with a single 212.

I would start by finding a clean Mesa MK3 profile, bump the mids a bunch. Put a Green Scream in both stomps 1 and 2, with the first one set to mid gain, and the second one set to full scream (use your ears...it might be less than full on the KPA). Then add a compressor in stomp 3 (Trey runs his compressor AFTER his OD's) and adjust it for fairly heavy compression for early period Phish, less compression for more current tones.

Use your volume knob a lot.

That's should get you close, but his guitar is is also a big part of his sound. A semi-hollow like a 335 should be pretty close sounding.

To be honest, I haven;t had much luck getting a great Trey sound with my KPA, but I don't have any Mesa profiles either.

Let us know how it goes!