Posts by Calaban

I have not used the KPA live yet, but as of now I am planning on keeping my pedalboard. That may change in time.
    I would LOVE to have just the Kemper and a foot controller with 3 - 4 expression pedals, but there are some effects in the
    KPA that, in my opinion, aren't quite there yet.

Fuzz
    I have found the Fuzz effects in the KPA to be good - and I will certainly use them in some instances - but I want to use
    both an MJM London Fuzz (germanium) and a Fulltone '70 (silicon) and I haven't been able to replicate those sounds yet.
    The internal Fuzzes are too loud in my opinion...I suppose I could create another rig with the volume backed down a bit when
    I use them, but I'd rather set a button on my controller to turn the Fuzz on and off without changing rigs.
    And besides, the more Fuzz the better right? I could combine an external and internal Fuzz for some crazy sonic mayhem!

Uni-Vibe (and various other Mod)
    The Phaser Vibe on the KPA is cool and usable for sure, but it's not quite the same or as satisfying to me as my MJM Sixties Vibe.
    But again...different flavors to complement one another will be cool! Hmm....I have a Vibe on my Mobius as well (also not quite as cool
    as the MJM, imo)...I wonder what it would sound like to have 3 Uni-Vibes going at once? 8o

Delay
    I really like the Delays on the Kemper! I use them exclusively at home and I'm perfectly satisfied with them. I will still use my Eventide Timefactor
    (or possibly a Strymon Timeline?) as well as the KPA delays. If Kemper ever lets us put a delay pre-stack, and if they create more delay types I may
    reconsider.

I have a number of OD boxes. I'll be keeping my Pork Loin on the board for now, but getting rid of my TC Nova Drive and my Catalinbread DLS MKIII. I just won't need
    them when I can get any level of OD from the profile :thumbup: , and push the front end a bit with the Pork Loin if I want.

I'll try it this evening, just wondering what "panorama" does

Panorama seems to be a master balance. I didn't expore it too much but in my headphones it simply panned the sound to one side or another.
    I'm not sure what this would be used for, but they must have had something in mind!

OP I'm also a new user and while I love the KPA so far, I have yet to use it in a group setting. I know it will take some dialing in and I don't want to use up our rehearsal time trying to get the right sound....but it will get there eventually.

One of the best controls in the Amp section is the Definition parameter. Using that has really helped some profiles sound great for me.

I typically set it below 5, but I like vintage 60's guitar tones the best...so that setting might not work for Whitesnake covers. But play around with that. I also like to turn up the compression a bit in the Amp section as well. It's more subtle than putting a compressor in the Stomps section in my opinion.

Also, remember that the profile was created using a different guitar than you have...you'll probably have to use some EQ's to make it work with yours.

Best of luck!

Cal

I have this one: http://www.4sound.dk/shop/guit…-amplifier-powerhead.html

I don't have a power amp. I don't need this, having a head...or am I wrong?

I don't understand your last remark. Does it mean that a random profile in the KPA doesn't combine with a 4x12 external cab?

Hmm...

You say you don't have a power amp, but then you said you own the PowerHead....and I assume that is the one with the built in power amp.

Like I said in my post above, look for the RED output jack that says Speaker Output. If you have that hopefully that will solve your issue.

And again, I think you want to use a speaker cable...not a regular guitar cable.

But what is that on a topic with someone using a Marshall 4x12 with celestion G12t75's?
    (see topic New Kemper owner today, reply on Sept. 4th from Lash, with picture! )

Found
    the Monitor Cab off (System, page 3) OFF or ON makes no difference.
    Still crap! I guess a good external 4x12 cab doesn't do the job...not in
    Monitor output and not in Main output jacks.

Hey Player,

I had the same problem when I tried to connect my Powered Rack to my 4x10 cabinet using the Monitor Out.

I realized after a while that I was using the wrong output!

I believe you need to take the signal from the Power-amp to drive the speakers. On my unit is is labeled "Speaker Output" and the jack has a RED ring around it. Once I did that it sounded glorious.

I suppose you want to use a speaker cable but I'm not sure. Anyone else?

Also, When I use my 4x10, I just turn cabinets off in the Stack section, but if you want to use it on stage and send the full signal (cab profiles included) to the FOH, you should turn off cabs using Monitor Cabs Off.

If I am mistaken in any of this hopefully the experts will chime in and correct me!

Good luck.

Cal

Guys I think my issue is mostly resolved, but it's not perfect.

I turned off the power amp on the KPA and that fixed most of the issue. I still sometimes get some strange sounds right after the Profiler
    starts up, but they go away. It happened in the headphones as well, so I know it's the Profiler. It's almost as if there are some 'interference' sounds
    as the Profiler organizes its bit and bytes after it starts. The profile loads so it looks as if everything is all set to start playing, but the strange fizzy, crackly noises
    continue for probably 30 seconds. I'll see if I can record it so you can hear it, but I'll have to use my phone as I don't own any mics.

The conflict with the poweramp still confuses me. If it were meant to be turned off when using the Monitor Out, I would expect they would mention that in the manual,
    but I've found nothing so far.

I will contact Kemper directly next week.

Thanks!

Cal

1. Dynamic speed dialing and long press buttons
    2. EXP pedals assignable to any parameter on a per rig basis
    3. More realistic/varied Analog/Tape delay (more control over modulation)

Not that the delays are bad at all! I like them a lot and I will use them once I get my whole rig up and running. But they haven't convinced me to get rid of my Timefactor yet. Adding #2 above would be a great first step.

Love my KPA so far. These things would put it even further over the top!

This works for me. Running RM on windows. Only thing unusual is that if I remove favorite from the rig that is active in the profiler, I have to reload the rig it to get the check mark for favorite to disappear. Are you sure that you are only changing the favorite status for the "My Profiler" folder.

Thanks for checking!

I am also on Windows (8.1)

Yes, I'm only working within the 'MyProfiler' folder.

It's very strange that nobody else seems to be experiencing this glitch. It leads me to think that I am doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what it could be.

works for me.

I can remove as well as set the fav status with the RM.
    I can even select multiple rigs and change their fav status.
    A small message should pop up asking you to confirm and then you can see the 'syncing' of the rigs in the lower right part of the RM.

Selecting the rigs in the Profiler (or in RM) shows their new status.

Thanks for testing Don.

Can you add a favorite via the buttons on the front of the Profiler, and then remove that favorite from within the Rig Manager?
    That's the problem for me...within RM cannot remove favorites that were added via the KPA front panel. They get removed within the RM, but not on the KPA.

If I add and remove favorites from both places, without problems, if I do it all from the RM.

It was only a problem when I wanted to remove large amounts of favorites from the KPA. I had to find a workaround which was ok. As long as I add favorites using the RM only I'll be in good shape. And if I end up adding a few via the KPA front panel, it should be easy enough to remove them.

So I turned off the Poweramp from within the Output section of the KPA, and that solved the problem.

But why?

Why would the Poweramp be interacting with the Monitor Out, which - if my reasoning is correct - is meant to go to an external poweramp or a powered monitor?

Hey guys....thanks for the replies, but I'm confused...

Like I said, I'm new to this stuff. I've been playing guitar for a LONG time but I've never even set up a PA, and I don't know what half of the technical terms mean....so please, bear with me.

If I'm understanding the KPA correctly, I should be about to use the Monitor Out (with a guitar cable?) into the Line input of the DXR10 (it's the only 1/4" input). I should also be able to send the Main Outs to FOH.

1. If the Monitor Out is meant to feed a powered speaker (or power amp + cab), why would the Power Amp on the KPA be interacting with it at all? Why did the Power Amp boost change the volume of the Monitor Out? It doesn't make sense to me...they shouldn't be hooked up at all as far as I know....right?

2. Pardon my ignorance, but what does 'balanced out' mean? I am assuming the Monitor Out and the Main Outs are balanced, and not powered. Is this correct?

3. To be clear, I did not run the POWERED speaker output of the KPA into the DXR10, so I'm fairly certain I was in no danger of damaging the DXR10. What I did do was run an XLR cable from the Main Out (Left) to the MIC/LINE Input of the DXR10 (with the mic/line switch set to line). As far as I know this should be ok right? With this setup I am not sending any power from the Kemper poweramp into the DXR10...correct?

So...I guess I'll try turning off the Poweramp in the KPA and maybe that will clear up the sound from the Monitor Out, but I'm not sure I understand why that would work.

Thanks for your patience...if you wouldn't mind answering my questions above I would be very grateful!

Cal