Posts by Calaban

Thanks for the responses guys.

After browsing some other similar threads (should have done that before creating this one!) I am leaning toward the powered version. I believe this will give me access to the most options - guitar cab, active FRFR, Passive FRFR. This is all new to me so please tell me if I'm missing something.

Questions:

-Assuming I eventually decide to use my KPA live, if I went straight to FOH can I still make use of the options I listed above? I'm assuming it's possible (but maybe not?), but is it desirable?
    -How can I be sure that the signal going to FOH matches what I'm hearing on stage?

-Slightly off topic...I have watched a lot of videos and listened to many samples online, but most of them are very pristine quality using much more distortion than I would use (I don't play metal). I am curious how well I'd be able to get very classic, psychedelic late 60's early 70's guitar sounds...without the modern pristine "sheen". I like those sounds as well, but the project I'm most interested in using the KPA with is really trying to dial in vintage sounds - warts and all. I want it to be dark and much less "shiny" than modern guitar sounds. Less hi-fi. Hendrix, early Gilmour, Cream etc. I know the KPA is capable of doing very high quality stuff, but can it go really vintage?

Really starting to get excited about this...I've been wanting a KPA for years and it's finally coming within reach.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

I am seriously close to purchasing a Kemper Rack but I'm having trouble deciding whether to purchase the powered version or save some money and go with the unpowered one.
    I'm leaning toward purchasing the powered rack but I'm curious if anyone can give me any reason to NOT go powered. I'm thinking that if I buy the powered one I may have more
    options when traveling (I fly to gigs fairly regularly) and I will be able to have more choice in the speakers I eventually use.

The problem is, until I have the Kemper for a while and have some experience with it, I can't be sure that I'll be using it in a live situation. It may end up in my home studio, in which case I don't think I'll need the powered option.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death in the past....just looking for some insight on whether or not you think I'll want to use it live after I get it.

Thanks!